Monday, June 16, 2008
The Tarts of Summer
Ever since the Sur La Table catalog arrived, I have been staring at the dessert on the cover. I didn't have access to the specific ingredients, so, like most hungry cooks, I improvised. Do you have an easy, summery tart recipe? What about savory tarts? Here's the recipe from their website:
No-Bake Lemon Berry Tartlets
A quick and easy bite-size dessert.
• 1 jar Stonewall Kitchen Lemon Curd
• 1 cup whipped cream
• 1 package of 24 Mini Tart Shells
• Mixed fresh berries
• Powdered sugar
1. In large bowl, whip the cream to soft peaks. Fold in the lemon curd and mix well.
2. Spoon 2 Tablespoons of mixture into each mini tart shell.
3. Top with fresh berries and powdered sugar.
Author, Kimberley Davis, Sur La Table Corporate Ch