Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Outdoor Wednesday: Longing for the Sun

The rain started tonight, along with eerie winds, and more bad weather is expected tomorrow; but thanks to "Outdoor Wednesday" over at Susan's blog, http://asoutherndaydreamer.blogspot.com/, I can skip back in time.

Our hibiscus bloomed all summer long...

...and I had time to ponder "clouds in my coffee."

Oh, what did Gollum do last summer?
I read on the back porch while sipping limeade...

And just pondered stuff.

You never think you'll miss a hot summer day until you're trapped indoors, and cold rain is ticking down like rice poured into a glass bowl.

Waiting for spring is like waiting for...

Season 3 of The Tudors

(photo credit: Showtime, "The Tudors" and Men's Health)
Enough of that, Gollum.
Now it's time to hop over to Susan's, http://asoutherndaydreamer.blogspot.com/. Today, she has featured some of the most beautiful gardens I've ever seen. Let's take our coffee, or a glass of limeade, and walk around the Blog.


  1. Hi Gollum! Beautiful pictures...especially the clouds in your coffee!! I've always loved that one. I'm going to have to start watching "The Tudors"! Looks....mmmmmm....interesting!! Have a great evening!...Debbie

  2. Happy Outdoor Wednesday Gollum!

    Your yard is beautiful in the summer.... I could sit on that bench and drink a limeade and read for days!

    Thanks for sharing your photos.


    PS and now I will be singing "You're so vain" by Carly Simon all day....... gee thanks... by the way the "clouds in my coffee" are the confusing aspects of life and love (how is that for some trivial trivia?)

  3. Yumm, "The Tudors", now that caught my eye tonight as I was reading blogs and wondering why I can't sleep...now I have something good to dream about!


  4. this area is under a thick blanket of snow and ice...and the sun is hard to come by! I love the photos! can't wait to see more of your garden this summer...hang in there...at least it is rain..not ice?
    been thinking of you lots...hope you are warm, dry and happy. Give the blogging pooch a little kiss for me!

  5. *****Wow! I think we should "trade places" for a week~~~ waddaYOUthink, kiddo?~ (This is all soooo "BEAUTY-OUS ~ and I LOVVVVVE the rain!!!)~~~ Love, Linda

  6. Photograph of clouds in coffee cup is excellent! I am waiting unpatiently for season 3 of THE TUDORS also.

  7. What beautiful pics of your gardens and I need to get Showtime. Cindy

  8. Good Morning Gollum! Lovely pictures! We must live close enough to share the weather! We went to bed last night to the sounds of the winds and rain wondering if hail was imminent and hoping it didn't hurt the boy's cars parked in front of the house! I guess it's time for some snow, the jonquils are blooming in my backyard! God Bless! Lauralu

  9. No rain or ice out here in West Texas...sunny and fairly warm. Come spring, tho, we are always in for sand storms so spring is not my favorite!!
    Thanks for these delightful photos...the clouds in the coffee being my favorite.

  10. What pretty pictures. I love the clouds in your coffee :)

  11. Good morning Gollum! Spring is coming so pretty soon, your garden will be back to being gorgeous like this again. I know you can't wait, I can't! Beautiful photography!...Christine

  12. Love the shot of the "clouds in my coffee"..too cool!

  13. Great pictures! I love your pitcher and glasses. I normally prefer Autumn and Winter, but those beauties just made me want summer now! :-D


  14. Beautiful pictures, We all are having to reminisce to get us through until spring finally come, which I am so looking forward, You have a beautiful place. i so enjoyed my visit with you .

  15. Morning, Dear Gollum. I can certainly see why you would scream for spring! Your outdoors is gorgeous! So much eye candy! Love the coffee cup with clouds! Wonderful! I'm not familiar with the Tudors. Mr. Precious just wants to watch the news and then to Bill O'Reily!! The no spin zone! lol
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

  16. Your yard in summer dress is lovely, Gollum! And I believe I'll have a cup of that coffee with the clouds in it Looks divine.

    And where oh where did you find those goblets??? They are the most wonderful shade of green. Shall we say, "Covet"? ;-)

    I haven't seen "The Tudors," but I love English period pieces. Hence this is very, very tempting. I love the Georgian period (both in terms of clothes and fiction), but the Tudors are good, too.

    Hope the ricy rain stops soon and that spring blooms are only days away...


    Sheila :-)

  17. Love all the pictures, each one tells such a different story. I love the porch and lemonade. Makes me think of wonderful times just enjoying a cool drink and soaking up nature. Hugs, Marty

  18. again your southern charm just oozes all over. i love hibiscus mallow, a very fav, but due to deer i have none...

    the clouds in your coffee is over the moon perfecto!

    the patio is so inviting, i think i will take rain over 117 degree summers, for every season turn ....

  19. Love, love, love the Tudors. Hubby has recorded them all for later cuddle in days. The limeade is the first photo that makes me kind want winter to be over even if I am still waiting for my snow storm.

    Have a Wonderful Wednesday!
    from Roberta Anne

  20. Morning,

    Love your photos! Especially the clouds in your coffee... So imaginative!

    It looks like I am going to have to send some sunshine your way G. We have plenty here...

    Keep a weather eye for the sunshine my Friend!

    *Really Rainey

  21. Your photo's are so relaxing! So lovely out doors.

  22. Hello, this may be the first time I've posted but it isn't my first visit to your blog. I frequently travel to Prague and found your blog through the gollum connection. LOL I suspect you know that story. Great lazy summery day photos for Outdoor Wednesday.

    All the best, Lana

  23. Beautiful pictures of summer! I also love The Tudors - guilty pleasure! :D Jewel

  24. I love it all! Happy Wednesday to ya!

  25. Your flowers are lovely. Here in the valley of the sun there usually no shortage of the sun or flowers. Thank you for sharing. Hugs, Bobbi Jo

  26. Such a beautiful and poetic post. I can't wait for spring! laurie

  27. thank you so much for thinking of me and giving me your badge! I love it...and all it says.
    big hugs girl...big ones!

  28. What a beautiful post. Longing for summer here too, even though it was nice and warm today. The "clouds in your coffee" picture is wonderful! Kathy

  29. Beautiful shots from days gone by. I hope some beautiful weather returns to you soon!

  30. Oh, POO! Saw your comment over at Susan's (re tomorrow's TT & your comment about "see you at 10:00")~~~ Shoot! Thought MAYBEyou MIGHT have "posted EARLY"... yes, call me immature, impatient n' greedy! I couldn't WAIT ~ had to see if you had it up yet!!! (Still at "kid" at M-Y age, CAN YOU IMAGINE?!?!?!) XOXO, Linda ~~~~~~~~(BTW, I've never "SEEN" the BASES/STEMS to those FAB green glasses until just now! Oh, how I love them so!!! THEY (& the pitcher) were what originally INSPIRED me to "be on the lookout EVERYWHERE" for something like that, that "spoke" to me... and, I eventually finally found it on E-BAY, bought it & love it's looks~~~ no "crystal ball" at stem/base, but 24 "CARROT" (smiles!) gold around all rims...and it's just lovely!!! Soooo, THANKS!!!) L

  31. Hi Gollum... Wonderful Outdoor Wednesday post... Love the clouds in the cup... I also did an Outdoor Wednesday come by and check it out if you get time...


  32. That's the beauty of Outdoor Wednesday Gollum, we can see pictures of last summer when it's horrible now! Raining here in Chicago also w/ a little snow mixed in.

    Your cookie debacle was LOL. Looked a lot like mine last Saturday. And to think I was looking forward to the decorating part! :-)

    Happy Outdoor Wednesday!


  33. I just love your blog. I love every single thing about it. Thank you for giving us a little peak into your world. I just noticed today that it looks like you have a table that converts from square to round. I have a similar table in my breakfast room. It is 48" square and then flips out to a 72" round. Don't you just love it? It is so easy to accomodate a crowd and you don't have to store a table leaf.

  34. Love the photos of your garden. Oooh, I love The Tudors also. I think I'll go now to see when it comes back on...

  35. Hello Gollum, Spring and "the Henry's" will be here before you know it lol, Kathy.