Monday, February 9, 2009

Sweetness Follows: Sugar Free Cheesecake with Blackberries

Once in a while a girl just needs something sweet, even if the sweetness is faux.

While I have baked sugar free cheesecakes in the past, sometimes I need faux sugar right this instant

So I buy a tiny sugar free cheesecake at Publix

and a box of blackberries. Then I enjoy my 4 net carb slice of sweetness. Naturally you will add carbs for the berries. I never do. As far as I'm concerned, fruit has fiber, and fiber means fewer carbs. :-) I don't go wild, though, just a few berries.(That said, tricksy "nets" sometimes have diet holes, but I can attest that the scale didn't go up today, and I ate 8 net carbs. )

What You Need:
  • store bought sugar free/low carb cheesecake

  • blackberries

  • Options:

    • Crust -- Make your own low-carb crust by chopping (very fine) walnuts, pecans, macadamias and mixing them with Splenda, then pressing the nut mix around the chilled, firm cake.
    • Heavy whipping cream--whipped with Splenda--is a low carb indulgence.

    • Berries

    • Sugar Free Chocolate syrup


    1. I'm not in a downward spiral .. but definitely in a prolonged stall in reference to my healthy living/weight loss plan for the rest of my life. SOOOOO, thank you so much, especially for the crust recipe!

    2. Good option to assuaging your sweet tooth that your satisfied! What gorgeous blackberries. I have some in my freezer like that I picked this summer. I'm not sure what I'm saving them for. Need to eat those little juicy things before it's summer again! Way to go for staying on your diet plan. I'm doing WW and have 22 pound down, but need to do a little something to shake off a few more pounds.

    3. Oh yummm! I need to find a diet that I'll stick to. My current "see" food diet has backfired on me! ☺

      Please drop by when you have a chance, I'm having a giveaway. ♥


    4. Sounds wonderful, looks delicious!

      I've thawed a bag of wild blackberries, J picked at the neighboring farm, last summer. I promised him a cobbler. It will be a nice wintertime treat. I don't have much of a sweet tooth, so I believe I'll be able to resist temptation. I will save a few of the berries for myself, though.

    5. I love your mini cheesecake!
      There is something incredibly sweet about its petite size and those enormous, dark, gorgeous, plump berries - as nice to the eye as the tastebuds! Faux sweetener signals the greenlight - I'm not sure I could stop at the designated amount.... :/
      xo Isa

    6. Reminds me of when I was a child in England, we used to pick blackberries and take them around to all the "older" neighbours in little baskets. This is such a great idea for a quick dessert and healthy too, thanks Gollum, off to the shops :).

    7. Really pretty and such an easy recipe.
      Roberta Anne

    8. Those berries are huge. Looks absolutely decandent! Eat two!

    9. And you don't have to worry about burning anything in the kitchen or clean up! My kind of quick taste of tease of sugar!
      Love it Gollum.

    10. Great recipe and not fattening! I am excited about this recipe. Thank you for sharing.
      Hugs, Bobbi Jo

    11. Oh, this sound just delicious. I too need my sweets every once in a while, and this could be guilt free. I will definitely use this recipe. Hugs, Marty

    12. Well you have done a complete turnaround from the decadent brownies the other day! ;-)

      I went low carb about 5 years ago. Nothing happened for the first 3 weeks and then it fell off! Great recipes like this matter the most, you have to have some fun!!!


    13. Well, I'm glad to see you are human after all-almost! Glad you got to indulge a little after passing up those brownies yesterday! laurie

    14. Evening, Dear Gollum! Oh, that cheesecake looks so good and I simply LOVE blackberries. Used to pick them in the wild as a little girl growing up in Alabama and then eat the socks off of 'em! You deserve to get your sweets!!
      Lovely pictures, too.
      BE a sweetie,
      Shelia ;)

    15. The cheesecake looks so good. You are such a good cook, Gollum, and you display the food so attractively....Christine

    16. The cheesecake looks so good. You are such a good cook, Gollum, and you display the food so attractively....Christine

    17. Hi Sweet Gollum, I'm not a huge fan of cheesecake, hubby on the other hand is. However, I love blackberries. We use Splenda all the time so I have part of the ingredients needed for this midnight snack.. lol.. Thanks for the visit tonight.. I'm glad you got to take a bit of a break.. hugs ~lynne~

    18. That looks absolutely delicious!

    19. *****Your printed "recipe" leads me to believe, yet once again, that even "I" MAY just be able to "DO" this!!!~~~ (And for THAT, I must say "Thanks, and I love ya!!!") ~~~ XO Linda

    20. Wait one second!!!!!! Where in Publix do I find a sugar free cheese cake? I have to know the answer to this!!!!!

      Justine ;o )

    21. Oh, thanks so much for the great ideas ~ this will work perfectly into dh's newly instituted dietary changes.

      The crust is brilliant! xo~m.

    22. You should find both sugar free cheesecake and "no sugar added" cheese cake in the refrigerated case of the bakery.

      They also have a sugar free cake (in the frozen case) that is sinfully good with No Sugar Added ice cream). The No Sugar Added has a crust...but more carbs.

      If your Publix doesn't stock these items, talk to the customer service dept. Usually they will special order items.

    23. Shari (aka "susiehomemaker" on RMS)February 10, 2009 at 11:47 AM

      This has absolutely nothing to do with your yummy-looking cheesecake but as I was cleaning out some of my old emails I came across this link and thought you might enjoy it (because it looks like your pups).

      I have no idea how they do this but it's so cute. Turn your speakers on and then type in a command ... sit, roll over, down, stand, sing, dance, shake, fetch, play dead, sneeze, etc. and... watch what happens. It's also very cute if you type in a command that's not recognized.

      Make sure you type in 'Kiss' too, but do it last.

    24. Good morning ~~~ NOW, will you pleeease STOP THIS?!?!?!?! Here I am, T-R-Y-I-N-G to drink a "special health drink" & eat my fruits... and, "low cal/carb" or NOT, what you are SHOWING here makes me "think about things I should NOT", GG!!! XOXO ~~~Happy Tuesday!!!~~~ Linda

    25. If you are missing the rest of it . DO NOT LOOK IN MY POCKETBOOK!!! hehe Kathy

    26. You are so bad, Gollum ~ I'm starving now! Cheesecake & brownies all in one reading, I'm soooo hungry!!!

      Beautiful pics!

      Big TX Hugs,
      Angelic Accents

    27. Oh, G, thank you so much! Next trip to Publix (since we are in Fl. right now) will definitely include a SUGAR FREE CHEESECAKE!!!!!!!! I am SOOO excited now, may just be my Valentines treat to MYSELF:):) which I will, of course, share!!!!! Just finished Mermaids and LOVED it!!!!! Hugs, Pinky