Friday, February 13, 2009

Three Thank You Notes to Three Friends

There's something about a package that brings out childlike joy. When three gifts showed up on my porch this week, I felt truly blessed...and ever so thankful and joyful. Joy and thanks go together like berries and cheesecake, like chocolate and Valentine's Day.
"A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked." - Bernard Meltzer

I'm in love with the goblets that our dear Jersey Girl sent my way.
"For your thoughtfulness and generosity, from you I have learned much of life's philosophy - Thank you sincerely." - Author Unknown

Yesterday a package arrived from Le Fleur, the gorgeous garden shop in Memphis (see previous blog entry--I can't find it at the moment, I'm too excited).

The wrapping paper and twine reminded me of spring...but who'd sent this lovely gift? "I can no other answer make, but, thanks, and thanks." - William Shakespeare

"In ordinary life we hardly realize that we receive a great deal more than we give, and that it is only with gratitude that life becomes rich." - Dietrich Bonhoeffer

It was from Linda, Mom of a German Shorthair!
"How beautiful a day can be
When kindness touches it!" - George Elliston

She'd sent the darling Majolica bunny! Oh, Linda, Jim, and Belle,
I'm sending a thousand thanks!
"Let us be grateful to people who make us happy; they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom." - Marcel Proust

It's beautiful!
"The essence of all beautiful art, all great art, is gratitude." - Friedrich Nietzsche

And that's not all!
The other day, a neighbor left a package on my doorstep.
"Gratitude is the memory of the heart." - Jean Baptiste Massieu

In her note, she said she was spring cleaning and came across these frogs. Since she knew I was a 3rd generation frog collector, she popped them into a bag and said, "Happy Tablescaping." :-)

"Every time we remember to say "thank you", we experience nothing less than heaven on earth." - Sarah Ban Breathnach

They're the darlingest candlesticks.
"I would thank you from the bottom of my heart, but for you my heart has no bottom." - Author Unknown

A thousand thank yous to Jersey Girl, Mom of a German Shorthair, and my Sweet Neighbor.
"It is impossible to feel grateful and depressed in the same moment." - Naomi Williams

"The six most important words: I admit I made a mistake. The five most important words: You did a good job. The four most important words: What is YOUR opinion? The three most important words: If you please. The two most important words: Thank You. The one most important word: We. The least important word: I." - Author Unknown

(More "Thank You" quotations can be found at


  1. What wonderful, thoughtful and generous gifts from dear friends. It does warm the heart to see the gracious kindness and thoughtfulness of others. Great post, thanks for sharing. Hugs, Marty

  2. Hi Gollum! What beautiful gifts!! Aren't friends wonderful? How nice to be remembered in such a thoughtful and generous way! Thanks for sharing! I hope you are having a great weekend...Debbie

  3. Gollum,

    You forgot a quote....."YOU GET WHAT YOU GIVE"......

    You give so much to us, out here in blogland, that you make it easy for us to want to want to give back to you. :)

    (((((((((((BIG HUGS)))))))))


  4. Oh wow, you lucky lucky girl! But ya know what? You deserve it! Holy cow, I LOVE that green bunny. MOGS has great bunny taste! And the frogs are just adorable. I already told you in a previous comment that I heart those glasses. Soooooooooo beautiful!

    Justine :o )

  5. Oh how thoughtful! Love the glasses and the bunny! Your blog is a joy to read. Thanks for sharing! ~Cindy~

  6. oh that was the most beautiful trio of thanks i have ever seen... the gifts are great, but the heartfelt sentiments are overwhelmingly wonderful. thank you for sharing the beautiful moments and words in life, it is truly enriching.

  7. How totally sweet, and oh my what awesome gifts indeed! Thank you for sharing with all of us. Love all of the beautiful quotes too.

  8. Such sweet surprises for a sweet person. ~ Robyn

  9. Lovely gifts for a lovely lady. Thank you for sharing this.

    Hope your weekend and Valentines Day are wonderful!

  10. Wow! how thoughtful.....Love the green bunny...thanks for sharing...Pat H

  11. What wonderful gifts, and thank you for sharing.
    Have a great weekend.

  12. Love your quotes. How wonderful to have friends who are not only thoughtful, but have extremely good taste! You lucky girl, you! laurie

  13. ***** Such lovely words for a beautiful "Thank you", GG girl. It made ME so HAPPY to be able to do that~~~ After all, "A friend is a gift you give YOURSELF", remember?~~~ Warmest hugs, dear friend ~ Linda*****

  14. (P.S. "Bunny Belle" is sooo much cuter in YOUR pic here!~~~ Hence, even MORE joy now! Smiles!!!)

  15. How thoughtful.. so nice to recieve gifts from friends that know your hearts...
    hugs ~lynne~

  16. You have had a great week! I'm loving that green rabbit! You'd better hide those blue/white frogs from Rose @ Santamaker's. I have a feeling she's going to want those! :O)

  17. Gollum,

    You must truly be a special person to have received those gifts, which are just so lovely & thoughtful! I like how you have them displayed.

    Thanks also for the quotes. I love when they are included in posts.

    Here's to you & your sweetie having a wonderful Valentin's Day!!


  18. Lovely gifts, enjoy them and the friends who sent them!

  19. What wonderful gifts. I just love the green rabbit. H
    Happy Valentines Day!
    Hugs, Bobbi Jo

  20. That bunny is the most wonderful shade of green! I can't wait to see him again at Easter I suppose?

  21. Gollum, thank you for sharing the beautiful quotes and 'link.' Love those quotes!
    :-) - SherylCanadianGirl

  22. Such wonderful treasures, from three wonderful treasured ladies!

  23. You know, when I saw the wrapping~~~somehow I KNEW it was from Linda....I don't know how I knew I just did. She is definitely one of THE most thoughtful people I know. You are very blessed to have these friends but you DO give as much (or more) than you get. HVD to you and your family. Love and hugs, Pinky

  24. PS, I, too, LOVE frogs, have bought several MORE this the other day here in Fl. Can't WAIT to get home to start SPRING decorating !!!!! Love, Pinky

  25. Wow! You hit the jackpot for sure. What a darling bunny. I just love bunnies and what says spring better than bunnies and frogs!! I love the floral print napkin as well! Happy Valentine's Day.

    Kindness in giving creates love.
    ~Lao Tzu

  26. what beautiful pics! I adore the green bunny!

  27. Catching up Gollum, oh you are a lucky lady, The Rabbit, Glasses and Frogs are beautiful, I love the pic with the glass, the bunny and your napkin, they go together so wonderfully, what kind and thoughtful gifts, enjoy. Kathy.

  28. Gorgeous gifts for gorgeous taste! It is amazing what a little generosity can do to lift up a heart.

    The bunny is so precious, the frogs so lively and the glasses, just darlings!

    I can't wait to see you use them again in a great tablescape (maybe next week?) :-)

    Carolyn of What Now? Tablescapes