But they didn't go far. I had them re-worked (I was a home ec major in high school, but I sew about as fast as a skunk waddles across a farm, so I stick to buttons and little things). Panels were added, along with trim, and Mr. Tom hung them in the breakfast room.
One night I was looking at the online sale items at Neiman Marcus, and I spotted striped draperies. I ordered a "test" pair and waited. Normally, I shy away from stripes/stripes. The settee has muted stripes. Surely I didn't need to add more. I bought two rods at K Mart with glass finials, and called Mr. Tom. The draperies arrived--but they had very bright purple stripes. After a bit of tucking and hiding, I banished the purple, but not all of it, I rather liked it; Mr. Tom and I thought they looked great. "Order the other panel!" he said.
I went online to order the other pair--only two were left, and they were (gulp) 96 inches, not the 108 that I needed. I found the fabric online. Sadly, it had been discontinued.
Solution: I ordered two panels and tucked one into the tieback.
The rods aren't crooked, but I am. Mr. Tom measured and remeasured.
So, the library now has draperies!