Sunday, April 24, 2011

Carolina on my Mind

Last week, my book tour brought me to North Carolina; my husband and I had the pleasure of visiting with our precious granddaughter, Annabel.
I'll be posting more photos, but here's a peek at Annabel in the summer house at Fearrington Village. She went straight to the window seat!

I've spent the weekend cleaning house and looking at the wonderful Foodie Friday recipes. Several food bloggers volunteered to cook recipes from my fictional foodie, Teeny Templeton, a character in Gone With a Handsomer Man. What a delight, and a priviledge that you allowed Teeny in your kitchen!
Happier Than a Pig in Mud-- Teeny's Peach Martini
A Musing Potpourri -- Teeny's Lavender Shortbread
I Need Mom -- Teeny Takes Over my Kitchen
Cuisine Kathleeen -- Teeny's Tasting Tour (plus a $100 gift card giveaway)
Purple Chocolate Home - Award Winning Red Velvet Cake plus Triple Chocolate muffins
Mountain Breaths --Teeny's peach coffee cake
Savoring Time in the Kitchen -- Teeny's espresso Steak Rub
Lazy on Loblolly-- Teeny's Vanilla peach coffee cake
Haden News -- Espresso Steak Rub
Hyacinth for the Soul -- Red velvet cupcakes
Yvonne at Stone Gable -- Giveaway, inc $100 gift card
The Gazebo House -- Teeny's Vanilla Peach coffee cake
Fajdich Times -- strawberry pie
Grateful Prayer Thankful Heart - Lavender Shortbread
Ladies, if you haven't received your complimentary copy of the book, please email me at designsbygollum@gmail.com, and Teeny will be dispatched at once to your kitchen! Thank you so much!

If you'd like to cook a recipe from GWAHM for the April 29th Foodie Friday, email me at designsbygollum@gmail.com and I'll provide the recipe (Lavender shortbread, espresso steak rub, cornbread salad, vanilla peach coffee cake). The first 25 people to cook one of the recipes (or a dish from the book) will win a copy of GWAHM. :-)
Here's Teeny's free e-cookbook:









The imaginary pairings of food, verses/quotes, and music was a hit! I had the best time reading them!
Couldn't pick a winner--had to let the random number generator pick!





Gone With A Handsomer Man -- Hardback or Audio book (let me know which one you'd like)


Ahrisha and Sandy (Doris the Great)



Copper pan--Red Couch Recipes




16 pc set of dishes (the one below is out of stock--but something similar will be substituted or a gift certificate will be issued)-- Happier Than a Pig in Mud




Godiva chocolates--
Faith Hope Cherry Tea and Tablescapes by Diane

24 comments:

  1. Michael Lee,
    What a precious little girl! I'm sure you have her on your mind quite a bit!
    All of bloggland is buzzing with your new book.
    I am thoroughly enjoying it. You are one clever, funny, sassy writer!
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michael Lee, your little Annabel is precious. I bet she likes to have fun in the kitchen with you. I know its been a big week with the tour and all the buzz and excitement about the new book. You are one talented lady!
    Congratulations to all the winners, and kudos to you on another success.
    Rest up this week. ~ Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations to all the winners (special shoutout to Joni and Diane :-)!) Your granddaughter is adorable, I always love a window seat too. xo,

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is just darling! I love that you shared the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your little granddaughter is adorable! I know you had a wonderful time with her.

    I was making the fried green tomato salad today, but BURNED my cornbread croutons. Teeny would be so disappointed in me. Tomorrow is another day...and salad is just what we need after todays heavy meal.
    Jane (artfully graced)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you had a great visit with your family Michael, Annabel is a cutie! Congrats to all of the winners and how exciting to be one of them! Happy Monday:@)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for your lovely comment dear! Annabel is so adorable, so glad you had a great time with your family...

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad you had some time with Annabel to relax a little. What a lovely summer home, we need that place to go to recharge. Congratulations to all the winners, you've spoiled us with all these wonderful goodies! Looking forward to trying the recipes from the book and Foodie Friday, there were so MANY!

    ReplyDelete
  9. How precious she is! I'm saving GWAHM to savor during my vacation in two weeks! Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Annabel is adorable!
    Congrats to the winners!
    I'm so tickled to be listed in the bloggers that cooked with Teeny,that was so much fun! I'm gonna cook on the 29,hopefully to win another copy for a gift for some one special.(I'm reading Gone with a Handsomer Man-it is great reading-funny)
    ~Jo
    Lazy on Loblolly

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a sweet granddaughter–glad you had a nice visit with her. All of Teeny's recipes sound wonderful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a sweet granddaughter–glad you had a nice visit with her. All of Teeny's recipes sound wonderful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Annabel is gorgeous! I was just thinking the other day you hadn't pictures of her in a long time. She's really growing up! And I don't blame her; I would have went straight to the window seat also! Hope you have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your granddaughter Annabel is so cute! I bet she loves helping out in the kitchen! Thank you so much for including me and my Strawberry Pie in Teeny's favorites:) Thanks for stopping by and leaving your wonderful comments. I feel so honored that you are thinking of using my recipe in a future book.......:) I look forward to reading more of GWAHM. Thanks Michael Lee have a wonderful week:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am so glad that you were able to visit Annabel -- she's a doll. Your contest was so fun. You can't get much better than a book, food, and music. I am thrilled to be included as a winner. Joni

    ReplyDelete
  16. Isn't she sweet, and I love her name!

    Congrats to all the winners! You are a very generous hostess!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What lovely photographs! Annabel is such a sweetie! That is wonderful you had a chance for a visit on your tour - you must all have really enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  18. How wonderful that you got to visit your precious granddaughter! She is adorable! I ahven't been able to start the book yet but am anxious to. I ahve been PLANTING......LOTS of flowers!!!! XO, Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sweet little granddaughter you have. I know you had a delightful time with her :)

    Here is the link to the Lavender Shortbread Cookies I posted. (you mentioned it did not have to be a recipe from the book. Is that still okay?)

    http://gratefulprayerthankfulheart.blogspot.com/2010/06/lavender-shortbread-cookies.html

    Looking forward to reading your new book :)

    Kindly, Lorraine

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your granddaughter is very precious and I know you enjoyed your visit! I downloaded the cookbook a few days ago and I'm loving it! I can't wait to read your book! ♥ I requested one of your other books from my library and I hope it comes available soon! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  21. I LOVE your "Teeny" cottage! It's a delight and your little granddaughter is "So Sweet". I would LOVE that window seat too! The yard in bloom is So Pretty!
    Have a wonderful week,

    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  22. Annabel is is adorable and what a lovely summer house! She fit is the window seat perfectly :)

    Congratulations to your winners!

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a cutie that Annabel is!! I live in Charlotte, NC and it is so wonderful here especially this time of year!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Darling grandchild! Absolutely precious. Congratulations to all the winners!

    ReplyDelete

There you are! I'm so glad you're here. Love, MLee xxoo

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails