Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Valentine's Day Cake for Exhausted Cooks

If you are looking for a pretty but extremely easy dessert this Valentine's Day, this is your cake.
 When time is short and tempers are frayed,
 the exhausted cook needs a repertoire of fast, gorgeous recipes.
 This cake is is your new best friend. It's delicious and takes five minutes to assemble.

I'm supposed to be dieting, but I couldn't resist!


Easy Valentine's Day Cake
1 grocery store pound cake (make sure it has a hole in the center)
raspberry jam
Jell-O vanilla pudding
1 box raspberries
1 large carton Cool Whip or 2 small cartons
flowers

Cut the cake in half. Place bottom half on a cake plate (put waxed paper around the bottom to keep your icing from making a mess). Spread a thick layer of jam. Now spread a layer of vanilla pudding. I used the ready made product from the grocery's dairy case. Now, place fresh raspberries over the pudding. Sliced strawberries would be delicious, too.
Set the top layer on the cake. "Ice" with cool whip. Set a small juice glass in the center of the cake. Pour a little water into the "vase" and add flowers (advise your guests not to consume the flowers!).
Remove the waxed paper.
It's that easy. 
 What's your favorite Valentine's Day cake?

18 comments:

  1. Perfect! And I love your new look!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, that is on my list to try! Looks scrumptious and I love the flowers on top, so very sweet and festive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Pam! Let me know how the cake turns out, Nancy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My very fav is Red Velvet- old fashioned froms cratch, not from the box (bleh.)

    Your easy cake came at a great time- just found out I am having an impromptu mini tea tomorrow, may try this!

    Your header and home page looks SO festive and pretty!

    Thanks for the tip!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow..that is definitely going to be on my Valentines Day table...Great cake..thank you for making my day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Michael - doesn't get much more simple than this! Gotta love simple desserts :).

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your new blog look, Michael! And this cake sounds so good - I love pound cake with fruit and whipped cream. xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ditto for me. That cake looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I believe even I can make this...and WILL!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. HA HA! You had me with this one. I read the title, looked at the pic and thought 'no way'. I love this and you made it so beautiful looking too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, Michael! I'm embarrassed to say I haven't stopped by in quite a long time. I LOVE the new blog look! And that cake...?? Well, I think I've just found my new favorite cake recipe! Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a beautiful cake! Love that there's a glass poked down to hold the flowers. I thought they were sitting on top!
    Oh, you've changed your blog name and your look! Yay! We'll travel with you as you get into your new farm!
    Thanks for popping in to see me. I miss you! ;)
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yum! Wish I had a slice about now. Like your new look!!!!!!
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  14. WE will be in Fl. for Valentines so maybe I will IMPRESS the others with this easy, peasy cake idea!!!! Thanks!!! Look at you with a new blog!!!! When are you moving??? Happy for you! XO, Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  15. love the new look!! the cake looks yummmmy thanks for sharing...Pat H

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a lovely, romantic look. This is a good sign for Rattlebridge :)

    This reminds me so much of the cake I grew up with - Danish Layer Cake with the exception there is not a pudding layer :) Love the simplicity of this one!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh Yes Michelle..You're absolutely right about needing quick wonderful recipes especially ...Your cake looks absolutely delicious ( Yum Yum) ..my mouth is watering I must try this one..Thanks for the recipe....Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have house-guests coming next week. This dessert will be perfect to put together without spending hours in the kitchen. Thanks for positing this idea! Patsy

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails