Monday, February 13, 2012

Country Morning Tablescape


A Country Morning Tablescape for
Valentine's Day Eve.

The tablescaping stars aligned this weekend: roses, roosters, and polka dots dishes. I was so enthused, I made two tablescapes for two different meals.
The small-but-charming rooster pitcher set the tone for the first breakfast tablescape.




A black ice bucket (thank you, Bandwidth!) served as a vase for my orchid. An old coverlet from K-Mart made the perfect tablecloth.

Roses from my husband went into the rooster vase.


My husband, the doctor-farmer, enjoyed this tablesetting. :-)
He loves any dish that has a rooster on it.

The second tablescape was more streamlined. I removed the makeshift tablecloth, kept the checkered placemats, and added vintage salt and pepper shakers.

I experimented with the napkins. Below, I just tucked them under the flatware.

For the centerpiece, I removed the orchid from the ice bucket and added flowers.

I found faux sprigs in a cabinet.






Rattlebridge Farm's Valentine's Day Menu


Sauteed Mushrooms and Pork Medallions

Roasted Asparagus

Low-carb pasta (Atkins brand)

Salad ~ Sliced Tomatoes ~ Cheese Platter

Low-Carb Finger Sandwiches

Fruit Cup with Sugar Free Whipped Cream

Sugar Free Lemony Iced Tea

Are you ready for Valentine's Day?

What's on YOUR menu?


A Metamorphosis Monday contribution.

Watch for an upcoming post... "Here Comes the Sun."

15 comments:

  1. Love it and those red goblets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful table. Love the heart healthy menu, too. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous tablescape! I love all the pop of color, it is awesome!

    I really like your Val Day menu as well! Everything will be so perfect, yummmmmmy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous and so fun with the chickens in the mix! Love the black and red and the polka dots..just beautiful! Your menu sounds fantastic. We will be having shrimp pasta and I'm sure we'll split some cheesecake! Always a treat to visit your blog!
    Happy Valentine's Day!
    Miss Bloomers

    ReplyDelete
  5. You lucky girl, roses and roosters.

    ReplyDelete
  6. How pretty! And your menu sounds so good. Have an enjoyable day.
    Some frozen precip probably headed your way - it is sleeting here now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the head's up, Glenda! I can't believe this weather!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the table. The red glasses are gorgeous. I also liked the variety of plates. They work well together.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Michael Lee, you know this table is making my heart sing. Love the black and white and the rooster. Perfect details for Valentine's Day. Happy Valentine's Day to you and your sweetheart. ~ Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  10. I do love polka dots! Love this pretty table, ML
    Those red goblets are fabulous, and the cloche too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pretty as ever. I have the same type of little chicken/rooster nesting bowls. Too cute aren't they.
    Dinner sounds delicious too.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Michael Lee! Oh, I love your pretty Valentine table - Roosters and Roses! Can't beat that!
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dearest Michael Lee,

    Happy Valentine's Day to you and may it spill over onto all 365 days of the year. You show some happy photos with lots of LOVE ingredients!
    Love to you,

    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  14. Dear Michael Lee,

    It's been far too long since I've stopped by, but I'm so glad I visited today and had the opportunity to see your happy, colorful table(s)! It reminds me of my childhood, when my mother decorated our Victorian farmhouse kitchen in red, white, and black. It was a happy kitchen, and a happy time in my life.
    There were no roosters on her table, however. But we definitely had the real thing outside, loudly announcing the sunrise (far too early to suit me!). ;)

    Happy Valentine's Day to you and yours!

    Best,
    Bill

    ReplyDelete
  15. Very pretty Michael, lovin' the rooster plates! Happy Valentine's Day-enjoy:@)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails