Thursday, March 1, 2012

Foodie Friday



Over the weekend, I steeped white chocolate chips in Baileys Irish Cream. The result was ambrosial. I ate these scones for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snacks. My husband is dieting, and somehow he resisted. He kept giving me side-long glances.
"Are you sure you ought to eat another scone?" he asked.
Probably not. But I'd discovered foodie nirvana.


You know what they say--a moment in the mouth, forever on the hips. But I don't care.
It was worth it. 
. . .

White Chocolate Chip Scones
Printable Recipe

Ingredients:

2 1/2 cups all purpose flour

2 teaspoons baking powder

3 Tablespoons unsalted butter, chilled and cut into tiny pieces

1 egg, beaten

1 cup buttermilk

1 teaspoon sugar

1/2 teaspoon salt

3/4 cup white chocolate chips

Baileys Irish Cream

Egg wash (with a pinch of salt)


Procedure:

Place white chocolate chips into a bowl. Pour Baileys Irish Cream over chips and set aside. Preheat oven to 375-400 degrees (depending on your oven's temperament). Sift dry ingredients. Use a pastry blender to work in the butter. When the mixture is crumbly, add buttermilk and egg. Blend.

Drain chips and work them into the dough. Knead gently. The dough will be sticky, and you might want to spray Pam onto your hands. Turn the dough onto a floured board. Run a rolling pin over the dough (you'll want the dough to be about 2" high). Pat into a circle and place on a greased baking pan. Brush top with egg wash.

Bake in a pre-heated oven for 15 minutes or until lightly browned. Slice into wedges. You might want to drizzle your scone with creamy icing.
Yield: 2 dozen




I can't say enough nice things about these scones.
Each bite delivers an explosion of white chocolate and the slightest hint of Baileys.
Thank you so much for stopping by Foodie Friday today.
Your inspirational recipes make this day so much fun!

This week, please leave a comment and describe your recipe--what made you want to cook it? Would you recommend the recipe for a party? Tell us ALL about it!

Be sure to visit the menu at the Foodie Friday Cafe this Sunday, March 4th. Quite a few entries from this week's Foodie Friday will be in the spotlight. To view last week's menu at the cafe, click HERE.

If you are contributing a recipe to this week's Foodie Friday, locate the blue Inlinkz frog (below, left) and follow the instructions.


If this is your first time to participate in Foodie Friday, or if you aren't sure how to add a permalink, a short tutorial is available. If you are linking a recipe to Foodie Friday, a FF button can be found on the sidebar. If you'd like to add it, simply copy-and-paste the code beneath the button (located on the right-hand sidebar). Happy Recipe Hunting!












Pin It
Facebook Digg it Stumbleupon Twitter
Social Bookmarking

46 comments:

  1. Thanks for hosting! Love those scones - what's NOT to like about chocolate and Bailey's together!!!

    Sharing a Baklava recipe today - I made it after reading Little Coffee Shop of Kabul - great read!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, another heavenly-looking scone recipe you shared!! I shared my MOST Favorite cookie EVER, some panko pork chops & a cherry coffee cake. Thanks for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those scones look amazing!! Thank you for hosting FF. My contribution is an easy and fun Bacon & Egg Candy. It is a great salty & sweet combo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,
    I shared a recipe for a Cacao Date Energy Bar. Your scones look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK - I just gained 5 lbs. reading this post. :-D They sound and look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your last photos is so drool worthy~ love the lake of white chocolate & Baileys! Thanks for hosting :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful lighting on those delicious scones!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The scones look heavenly! I would love to have one right now!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your scones look amazing! I shared my Pecan Crusted Ruffy. It was an improvised recipe created after I discovered (an hour before dinner) that I didn't have the necessary ingredients to make the recipe I planned on making. Someday I hope to get my act together, until then we will just have to enjoy improvised dinners.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful photos! the recipe sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my! They are dangerous! I am on a diet untill after my daughter's upcoming wedding so I am trying not to eat carbs. If I made your scones I'd finish the entire batch. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good Evening Michael Lee,
    I would love to sit at the table in the beautiful light and enjoy that fabulous scone floating in Bailey's. I am sharing my Cranberry Pork Gravy, the leftovers from my Rosemary Pork Roast, its yummy! Thanks for hosting and hope you are having a great week end!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those scones look so good Michael Lee. Thanks for hosting.

    Anne @ Domesblissity xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've really looked forward to your food posting. Your photography is so good. And now I am looking at everyone else's entries. Wow! Can't wait to do some reading.
    Thanks so much for hosting!
    Have a great weekend.
    Karen
    Ladybug Creek

    ReplyDelete
  15. love the scones ....am sure if i bake them ill be eating them for bfast lunch and dinner too. Something about a rich creamy dessert just can't resist it. As i grow older my cravings for desserts is growing in leaps and bounds. I remember my mom - who has a sweet tooth and i wld always look at her and wonder how she cld love sth so sweet - my dessert this week is a result of such a craving. ;) will enjoy sharing it with friends at a party :)

    have a great weekend and keep inspiring :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh my, that scone recipe is calling my name. I have to try them. I have brought a Banana Nut Bread recipe. Thank you for hosting. Pat

    ReplyDelete
  17. All this scone talk has got me itching to make a batch. Alas, school has bombarded all spare time. Sigh. Someday, soon, scones will be mine.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your photos are killing me Michael - killing me!!

    :)
    Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  19. Those scones look positively decadent! These I gotta try.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oooh! Those scones and the icing are totally drool worthy! I wish I could just reach right into my monitor and grab a plate. This Irish lass is a big Bailey's fan!

    I brought recipes for Crispy Onion Haddock w/Homemade Tartar Sauce and Roasted Vegetable Couscous this week. They both make quick, meatless dishes for Lenten Friday dinners or lunches.

    Thanks, as always, for hosting Michael Lee! Have an awesome weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I think that those are perhaps the prettiest scones I've ever seen. And Baileys too? I bet they were fantastic.

    I've brought a couple of pizzas today - a Margherita with tomatoes, mozzarella and basil named after the Queen of Spain and a simple tomato basil one, very similar, but without the mozzarella.

    I've made a quick pizza dough in the food processor and my own homemade pizza sauce, both of which are easy and can be made in advance. I hope your husband will be able to have a slice as they aren't loaded with a lot of fats and calories as some pizzas are.

    Thanks as always for hosting Foodie Friday. It means a lot to us and we appreciate all you do for us. Hope you have a delightful weekend.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  22. You know. Those scones are probably a mere two hours or so away from me.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Those scones look absolutely positively amazing. Stumbled and Pinned. Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh how awesome looking!!! I have to make those this weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Those scones look delicious with the icing puddled around them! I definitely need to make these.

    ReplyDelete
  26. mmm...scrumptious! Looks and sounds absolutely delicious!Thanks for sharing the recipe and for following me. Your happy follower~Poppy

    ReplyDelete
  27. Those scones look just wonderful! And infused in Baileys? Genius.

    ReplyDelete
  28. These look absolutely divine! I wonder what you'd get if you made it with a buttermilk and Bailey's mix? I'll have to bookmark this! And I love Bailey's! I'm submitting a Cheesy Chocolate Chilli Chicken Recipe this week. xx

    ReplyDelete
  29. Your scones are beautiful!
    I shared my recipe for Carrot Cake Muffins. This recipe is gluten free, but can be made with "regular" flour if you don't have issues with gluten.
    Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Amazing scones! Your pictures are equally as amazing, too. :)
    I am submitting Green Velvet Brownies with Cheesecake Swirl. I made these after seeing a red velvet version for Valentine's Day. I wanted to give them a try, so I turned them green for St. Pat's!
    Thanks for hosting - have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Thanks for hosting!
    I agree, the scones look delicious!
    I'm sharing our berry cups that we like to eat in our family.

    Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Your Foodie Fridays are amazing...Your hubby has such great "will power"...mine is the same..Where do they get the will power...I definitely could not resist!

    Have you ever showcased your recipes on Foodbuzz.com..a great venue for foodies as you!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Those amazing scones have rendered me speechless! I cannot wait to try them! I am posting a recipe for Cuban Chicken this week. My husband went to Cubaa a few years back, and came home loving the Cuban people...and this chicken dish. I took me a while to come up with a recipe...and I wonder how authentic it is. All he knew was "it had spices and oranges...". Thank you for hosting. Patsy
    t is

    ReplyDelete
  34. OH MY GOOOOOSH!
    That does look like it would be food nirvana!!
    Thank you for hosting and for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  35. The scones sound wonderful Michael! I seem to have a bit of baking bad karma going on right now, hope it goes away soon. Happy Weekend:@)

    ReplyDelete
  36. Those scones sound absolutely amazing!! I'm so happy that I found your blog! I'm your newest follower :o) I'll be linking up with my Cauliflower&Leek Gratin.

    ReplyDelete
  37. That is the prettiest scone ever! I think I'll add that to my St. Patrick's menu!

    ReplyDelete
  38. This is my first time posting here so first I'd like to say, nice to meet you and thank you for hosting:) I'm posting my Lasagna For Two - scaled down lasagna, baked in loaf pans. They are the perfect make-ahead and freeze meal. These scones are drop dead gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  39. I make biscuits just about every weekend. That's what my mom did! I think I'll go pick up a shamrock cutter and make some shamrocks this week. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  40. it has to be more fattening than it looks. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  41. I made the scones this weekend, it was the first time that I had made scones, but not the last! These were out of this world, husband loved them too! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails