Thursday, May 3, 2012

Foodie Friday

This has been one of those weeks.
I haven't had time to set the table, so I pulled out an old tablescape. I had so much fun choosing the dishes and flatware, finding a tablecloth, planning the menu.
Was it just this past winter when I planned this meal?
I'd been writing and writing, but I had a life, too. Now it's just me and the book. It's hard to describe how something can just take over your life,
and suddenly you don't have time to unload the dishwasher.
 This has been one of those weeks where I found plot holes and things that didn't go together. I had to cut, paste, delete.
I do the same thing when I'm setting a table. Sometimes I can't see where I've gone wrong until I take a few photos. Then I'll realize the scale is wrong or I've used crazy colors. Sometimes I don't know what I've done wrong; I just know it looks horrid.
So I revise the tablescape.
I guess it's inescapable. We make errors because we're human. But God gave us the ability to try and correct those errors...even if it's a book or a tablescape. It helps us see that we are capable of fixing bigger problems in our lives.



The winner of the garden basket is--Alea Milham! Congratulations, and thanks to all who entered the contest and took the time to leave a message. I'll be hosting another giveaway soon. Alea, please send your address and I'll ship you a basket and a book.
Thank you for stopping by Foodie Friday today. If you are contributing a recipe to this week's linky party, locate the blue Inlinkz frog (below, left) and follow the instructions. You might notice a red "X" on your submission--only you can see the "X." It allows you to delete your link if you'd like to edit or change your photo. 
                                   Look on the sidebar
                                           for the Foodie Friday Button:

If this is your first time to participate in Foodie Friday, or if you aren't sure how to add a permalink, a short tutorial is available. If you are linking a recipe to Foodie Friday, a FF button can be found on the sidebar. If you'd like to add it, simply copy-and-paste the code beneath the button (located on the right-hand sidebar).

Please Read:
I'm happy for you to "pin" my original photos to Pinterest. However, the photographs in Foodie Friday's thumbnails belong to the bloggers who posted them. To visit these blogs, click on the Foodie Friday inlinkz icons and read their policy on Pinterest. Please pin from the source blog, not the blog that's hosting a linky party. Thanks!
Happy Recipe Hunting!




Pin It
Facebook Digg it Stumbleupon Twitter
Social Bookmarking

29 comments:

  1. That table is gorgeous! Love the oranges, fruit is very photogenic!
    Thanks for hosting!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful table! Using fresh fruit always looks fresh and inviting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful table, Michael Lee! Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful table! I do understand time slipping away. It's amazing how life gets in the way of living. I received your book last week and plan on spending a rainy weekend wrapped up in it. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful philosophy on errors, Michael! No errors on that gorgeous table, though :)

    Congratulations to your winner!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations to the winner !!
    A so very pretty table setting for even just a cup of coffee and slice of that yummy looking cake.
    Take a bit of time for yourself also!
    Enjoy your evening.
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Orange slices in the cake is BEAUTIFUL!!! I love it SO much!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your tablescape is very lovely.
    I love that table cloth too.
    A very pretty cake.
    Thank you for hosting.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful table, Michael Lee. Your photography is gorgeous. I wish I had a light filled dining space. Yours is so inviting. ~ Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great photos Michael Lee. Thanks for hosting.

    Anne @ Domesblissity

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful tablescape. Thank for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the analogy you have made here, between correcting smaller problems giving us the ability to deal with the bigger ones! Beautiful tablescape as well. I love all the gorgeous orange colours. Thank you for hosting, and I hope your work on the new book goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful table, Michael Lee! I love warm whites and earthy tones with a pop of bright color, like the orange. Thanks so much for bringing us another lovely Foodie Friday! Hope this weekend brings you a little time to relax and spend with family and friends. :~) Congrats to Alea!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi,

    This is my first time joining Foodie Friday. Thank you for hosting our lovely party. Your table looks delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I thought of you this week and how busy you must be. Sometimes you just have to muddle through it and if it doesn't turn out right when you set the table, just say "oh well." Oh well covers a lot of ground.

    Thank you for hosting Foodie Friday. I brought a French Lamb Stew with Figs & Olives. It can be made in advance. One taste will magically transport you to the south of France to a bistro in Provence for the evening. I believe in magic.

    Hope this coming week isn't as hectic for you and you can relax over the weekend and enjoy the beautiful May weather.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  16. A very pretty table Michael, orange is such a festive color! Would love a nice big slice of that cake:@)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cannot wait until day's end when I can sit here and go through all these recipes!
    So many great looking treats!

    Your table setting is just lovely.
    Thanks for sharing, Michael Lee.

    xox
    Alison

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love the table and the oranges just pop! Love it. Thanks for hosting such a fun and useful blog.Sunny109

    ReplyDelete
  19. Michael, I'm sooo out of the loop, I didn't even know you had a new blog name! Did you get my email about Teeny? LOVED IT! I've just been scrolling through, seeing your beautiful tables, food, and new home. You have been a busy lady. Still wish you were coming here to sign. May have to send my copy to you for your signature. laurie

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks for posting this a large collection of items. If you are interested to surprise your friends, relatives and loved ones. USe our service at Gift to India 24x7.com. We deliver gifts as per on order to the right place by our Gifts to India deliver team. On this special session rakhi a beautiful gifts on Rakhi to India.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the orange cake and table cloth. I love the farm name and have to have your new book would love it signed just like Laurie the cake on my link my daughter made

    ReplyDelete
  22. When I see photographs like yours I despair of my little camera and lack of skill. Your photos are lovely - and the table is beautiful with the fresh oranges. So welcoming!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love your tablescape. This is my first visit and will be back for sure! Thanks for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  24. The oranges really give this tablescape that added zest! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Gosh I love this table. I agree with others, the oranges are just the perfect color for this table. Of course the orange slices on the cake are beautiful I love the cake plate. I'm looking for one like this. Waiting for it to show up at the Goodwill. Table cloth is also just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thabnks for hosting! And your post was lovely as always:-)

    ReplyDelete
  27. YOu take such beautiful photographs! thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hoping you are having internet or blogger issues and everything is OK! Wishing you a delicious Mother's Day :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails