Thursday, October 11, 2012

Foodie Friday -- October 12, 2012


Foodie Friday
October 12, 2012
 
When time is short and tempers are frayed, I often find myself walking down the frozen food aisle, muttering to myself, "What's fast? What's different?"
So I run back to the deli and grab a roasted chicken.
Next, I hit the produce aisle.
Now I have the ingredients for chicken salad, fruit, low-carb sandwiches, and dessert--and the meal will be ready in twenty minutes.
(If the phone keeps ringing, add a few minutes.)
 

 
Finger sandwiches can be fashioned out of cookie cutters, low-carb bread, and itty leftovers from the salad. Add a dash of paprika and mayonnaise. 

 
Line a salad bowl with lemon slices, then add fruit.
You can make a lemony-Splenda sauce if you have time.
 
Shredding a deli-chicken takes minutes. You can even buy pre-chopped celery if you are in a mad dash. Add mayo, lemon juice, seasoning, your favorite veggies, and a handful of chopped, roasted nuts. 

A napkin says, Do I look rushed? No, not me.

 
Beautiful serving pieces can distract picky eaters. 

 
It takes less time to set the table if all of your dishes are white!
Everything matches.



 
For dessert, try simple cream puffs.
Buy pre-packaged shells, add whipped cream,
and sprinkle with ground espresso.

 
 
Thanks for stopping by Rattlebridge.
It is always a joy to read your messages and to see your recipes.
 
If you are participating in this week's recipe party,
a Foodie Friday button is available on the sidebar. Just cut-and-paste the code if you'd like to add the button to your post.


To add your recipe to the Foodie Friday linky party, look below for the blue Inlinkz frog (below). Add your permalink and select an image. It may take a few seconds for the entry to process. A red X on your photo allows you to delete your entry if you make an error. The Foodie Friday badge (or button--look for a picture of white cupcakes) is located on the right sidebar if you wish to add it to your FF post. If this is your first time to participate in Foodie Friday, a tutorial is available.




Pin It

Social Bookmarking

27 comments:

  1. I love your version of "Fast food" ... healthy and oh so pretty. Your table setting is lovely as well. Thanks so much for your cute ideas and for always hosting Foodie Friday

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are talking about my kind of fast food, not the kind in the frozen food aisle. Your presentations make all of the difference in the world.

    Have a great weekend and thanks for hosting Foodie Friday.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  3. How pretty your sandwiches are! Great ideas. Thank you for hosting!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Yum! Everything looks so good. I've never thought to add espresso to cream puffs, but it's a brilliant idea - I'll definitely do that next time I make them. Have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful spread, and what a beautiful tablescape! This is fast food made very special indeed!! Thank you for hosting :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would serve your easy dinner for company... it is so beautiful!
    LOVE the idea of the cream puffs!
    Thanks for hosting, Michael Lee... I love to see what everyone has cookin'!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks and sounds yummy and a very pretty presentation!. Prep may be fast, but certainly not in the category of fast food. Thanks for sharing I can get a lot of mileage out of a rotisserie chicken.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is the best fast food...and I don't have to leave my house! I love the vegetable platter!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a wonderful presentation of fast food, Michael Lee! Your food and your table is outstanding. Thanks for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like your finger sandwich ideas. Those are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the idea of using cookie cutters to make finger sandwiches, Michael! Your food presentation alwasys looks so beautiful and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful presentation with your "quick" meal. Love those gorgeous white plates, ML. Sending you good wishes.......Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks so much for hosting!

    Linked up my post 'Bacon and Cauliflower Frittata'

    Super yummy!

    Enjoy!

    http://littleowlcrunchymomma.blogspot.com/2012/10/recipe-bacon-and-cauliflower-frittata.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am in love with your cutlery! What a lovely way to make everyone feel like special guests :-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm in love.......with your napkins! No, actually your whole table of goodies....I feel like i'm sitting at your table for dinner.

    Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  16. IMichael Lee, I have been off the cirucuit for quite some time, but I have to say that I always love to see what you're doing. AND you have saved my life with your deli chicken salad before. I'm glad to see it here with that pretty fruit salad. Love the way you lined the bowl in lemons. I might just hit Publix and grab a chicken and do this tonight.

    I don't know that I told you, but I read and enjoyed Teeny's adventures. Thanks for sharing her with us.

    Love to you and all the best for this beautiful fall.

    XO,

    Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  17. As usual, I am totally mesmerized by your amazing photos and creativity in preparing food. Love all the lemons and limes and presentations.

    ReplyDelete
  18. thanks for hosting, have a wonderful weekend

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your beautiful table would be enough to distract picky eaters! Thanks for allowing all of us to gather.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful pictures and place setting today! Thanks for hosting. I shared a recipe for Iced Honey Cream, an easy recipe for homemade ice cream.

    http://axiomathome.blogspot.com/2012/10/iced-honey-cream.html

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Michael, love the presentations! Thanks for hosting, have a great weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your salad's very pretty Michael! Sounds hearty too:@)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Fabulous images and recipes....another wonderful link up. Have a wonderful weekend. Blessings~

    ReplyDelete
  24. I'm a bit late for this Friday, but I'm going to become a regular!! Thanks for hosting, I found you through a few StoneGable links. I love your quick and gorgeous dinner!!
    ~April
    Dimplesanddelights.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. Michael, you do 'fast' food in such a lovely, appetizing way! Love your creativity ~ it's all so beautiful!
    Blessings! ~m.

    ReplyDelete
  26. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I stumbled across this blog by checking out next blog. I absolutely love the pictures & user-friendly ideas for quick & simple tasty meals. I will travel across town for food that looks & tastes great, but it's nice to get a few tips here & there. Thanks for sharing ;)

    ReplyDelete

There you are! I'm so glad you're here. Love, MLee xxoo

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails