Thursday, November 8, 2012

Foodie Friday -- November 9

Foodie Friday -- November 9, 2012
 
Today I'm going to tell you a tiny story called
 
The Cracker Disaster
 
 One day I decided to make crackers.
I found a recipe, gathered the ingredients, and began.
I just knew the crackers would be delicious--something this hard just had to be great, right?  So, anticipating the snappy, savory crunch of those crackers, I made a small cheese-and-veggie tray, too.


 
I was so excited. The dough looked promising, all
flecked with herbs, cheese, and bacon. 
 
 
 I felt Betty Crockerish as I rolled out and cut the dough.
 
The crackers were snappy...and bland.
Oh, what was the problem?
The recipe or the baker?
(Usually I am the culprit.)
Maybe if I'd rolled the dough a bit thinner....

 
Oh, well. It was an adventure,
but I don't regret it one bit.
 

 
 
And now I am a baker in search of a cracker.
As always, thanks for visiting Rattlebridge!
 
If you are participating in this week's recipe party, and I hope you are,
a Foodie Friday button is available on the sidebar. Just cut-and-paste the code if you'd like to add the button to your post.


To add your recipe to the Foodie Friday linky party, look below for the blue Inlinkz frog (below). Add your permalink and select an image. It may take a few seconds for the entry to process. A red X on your photo allows you to delete your entry if you make an error. The Foodie Friday badge (or button--look for a picture of white cupcakes) is located on the right sidebar if you wish to add it to your FF post. If this is your first time to participate in Foodie Friday, a tutorial is available.





Pin It

Social Bookmarking

24 comments:

  1. My hat's off to you! I would never attepmt crackers... I'm sure you'll find the perfect recipe soon. And your veggie and cheese tray looks delicious!!
    -april

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well the crackers sure look pretty along with the rest of the tray. Hope you find the perfect recipe. Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to sit down and enjoy the veggie and cheese tray. The crackers look perfect...sorry you were disappointed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Michael Lee. I've always wanted to try making my own crackers. I might give it a try. Thanks for hosting.

    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yea, I've been there once or 100 times! Have a great day Michael:@)

    ReplyDelete
  6. They sound and look good -Sorry they did not turn out like you wanted. I do a lot grazing when it comes to eating these day, so a plate of raw veggies,fruit,cheese, crackers, etc. sounds perfect.
    Hope you are doing well. I am not ready for these colder temps. :/

    ReplyDelete
  7. They look very tasty! Sorry they didn't work out. Thanks for hosting!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  8. ha ha, cooking disasters are so humiliating, you are like "Wait a minute, I know how to cook! What is up with this mess!" Crackers might be one of those things that are just easier to buy...thanks for making us all feel human :)
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  9. The dough looked delicious raw and the baked crackers look delicious, too! I can't imagine why they would be bland. Maybe the recipe was missing salt or baking soda? xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for hosting. Happy to link up again

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for hosting! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Michael: Your veggi and cheese tray, along with the crackers, look beautiful. I've made crackers before, but not for a long time. I find with certain recipes I have to increase the amounts of seasonings--perhaps this would help? One cracker I love is a shortbread that is flavored in savory fashion with cheese and nuts. Thank you for hosting the party today, and I hope you have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks so much for hosting. This is my first time linking up and I am your newest follower. I'd love for you to stop by Posed Perfection when you get a chance for a visit. Have a great weekend.
    Blessings,
    Nici

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, the crackers look awesome!!
    Thank you so much for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I guess we need low expectations until the recipe is tried and true. I can't count the number of times I have been disappointed in a recipe. Just spice it up and try again. Have a great weekend and thanks for hosting!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think those crackers look so tasty! And I never would have even thought to make them from scratch, good job! Thanks for hosting! I hope you have a wonderful weekend! HUGS!

    ~Jen

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your crackers look delicious, even if you were disappointed in them! In fact, your snack tray looks divine with or without the crackers! This week I've shared an Apricot and Almond Chicken recipe. Thank you for hosting, and have a lovely weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your photos are gorgeous and the crackers look delicious, making crackers is on my to do list!

    ReplyDelete
  19. If you're in teh mood to make crackers again, try this gem of a recipe:
    http://lifesabundantadventures.blogspot.com/2012/05/sweet-potato-crackers.html

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks for hosting.

    I do have a couple of good cracker recipes but I've never thought to blog them. Silly woman! Thank you for raising the subject and providing the inspiration.

    The link I've added this week is not at all "cracker-y" but it is delicious: Individual Apple and Eggnog Trifles. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I hope you will try again since they look so good. I have had the same problem with crackers. I think it is in the amount of salt, but I am not sure.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh these are brilliant

    and delicious and I think

    the other half should be sent to me :)

    you can also pass to my blog :)

    goog night :) kisses from Belguim..

    ReplyDelete
  23. Funny, you never think crackers are "made"...just bought! Hope you find your cracker recipe soon. :-)

    ReplyDelete

There you are! I'm so glad you're here. Love, MLee xxoo

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails