Thursday, November 15, 2012

Foodie Friday Recipes


Welcome to the November 16th Foodie Friday.
Every time I visit Pinterest, I see enticing photos of "easy cheese bread."
Naturally I had to try it!
 
I used a round sourdough loaf.


 
Bakery French or sourdough bread loaf
Cheese
green onions
bacon
1 stick butter
salt/pepper
---------------------------
Cut bread into a criss-cross pattern
Stuff with cheese
Melt butter; add green onion
Pour butter/onion mixture over bread
Add bacon, if desired.
Salt/pepper to taste.
Wrap loaf in foil and bake 40 minutes at 350 degrees. Unwrap bread and bake 10 - 15 minutes. Serve.
 
 
The easy cheese bread was such a hit, I decided to make a
beefy-cheese bread thingie, using leftover balsamic-honey pot roast. I added bacon, cheese, onions, and lots of butter.



The original cheese bread was my favorite.

 
Next week is Thanksgiving, but Foodie Friday will be here.
As always, thanks for visiting!
If you are participating in this week's recipe party,
a Foodie Friday button is available on the sidebar. Just cut-and-paste the code if you'd like to add the button to your post.


To add your recipe to the Foodie Friday linky party, look below for the blue Inlinkz frog (below). Add your permalink and select an image. It may take a few seconds for the entry to process. A red X on your photo allows you to delete your entry if you make an error. The Foodie Friday badge (or button--look for a picture of white cupcakes) is located on the right sidebar if you wish to add it to your FF post. If this is your first time to participate in Foodie Friday, a tutorial is available.
 


Pin It
Social Bookmarking

30 comments:

  1. Oh, doesn't that bread look delish! I need to try it for T'Day!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, I have seen that bread everywhere and I have it on my list, but haven't made it yet. It all looks and sounds fabulous to me.
    Thanks for hosting each week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow - oozy melted cheese on warm bread - hello!! I love pinterest - so many wonderful things to see. Have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for hosting. Happy to link up again

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to make that cheese bread! Thanks so much for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That bread sounds YUMMY! Thanks so much for hosting each week, ML. Have a blessed Thanksgiving. XO, Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both of these breads look awesome! To heck with the turkey! Thanks for hosting and hope you are having a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much for hosting! Hope you have a wonderful week!
    Blessings,
    Nici

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for stopping by and leaving me a sweet comment about the Sour Cream Pork Chops. I was just drooling over that bread you made... Yummo! Have a wonderful weekend!
    Blessings,
    Nici

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just stopping by to wish you and your family a Happy Thanksgiving, Michael Lee. The cheesy bread looks delicious! ~ Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  11. That cheese bread looks so delicious--thank you for sharing it with us, and for hosting the party today!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the party Michael Lee. That bread is making me drool.

    Have a great weekend (and Thanksgiving next week).

    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Did someone say bacon??? Your bread looks great Michael! Happy Thanksgiving Week:@)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh that bread...and the beef version, dinner in a loaf! Wishing you a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    I just preordered A Teeny Taste of Scandal. LOVE the cover and who arrives on the scene :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh man, that bread looks so good. Happy Friday and thanks for hosting.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  16. Both those breads look fantastic! I think the original cheesy one would be my favourite too :) This week I've shared a vintage coffeecake recipe. Thank you for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my gosh that bread looks fantastic - combining my 3 most favorite things...bread, bacon and cheese!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Michael Lee, your breads look delicious, I got to try that too. Thanks for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  19. The easy cheese bread looks delicious and make a wonderful presentation. Thanks for the party.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love that bread! I make it every year, for Christmas. Thank you for the tip of using slices of cheese, I used to use shredded. Slides seems better :)
    Thank you for the party!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This looks soooo delicious and relatively easy considering the bread is purchased. Thanks for sharing the recipe/technique and so beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  22. The bread looks fantastic. I just put two recipes up, but I still need to come back to link to your blog, but got to go pick up my son from school.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh the bread looks wonderful! I'll have to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thanks so much for hosting!

    Linked up my post “All About P**p”

    ;)

    Enjoy!

    http://littleowlcrunchymomma.blogspot.com/2012/11/superfood-series-3-all-about-pp.html

    ReplyDelete
  25. My goodness that bread looks good! I think it needs to be on my table next soup night at our house. :)

    Thanks for hosting. I'm looking forward to checking out the links.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh, that cheese bread looks like something I can actually do myself! Your photos make it (and your beef variation) look so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  27. The melted cheese makes the bread look so delicious! Can't wait to make one!

    ReplyDelete
  28. YOUR BREAD LOOKS DEE-LISH!! MY MOUTH IS WATERING! THANKS FOR THE LINK UP! I LINKED UP MY PUMPKIN PROTEIN COOKIES: http://www.stephaniedotfitness.com/2012/10/pumpkin-protein-cookies.html

    ReplyDelete
  29. OMG ~~~ I know what I'm going to do with the very last pieces of Thanksgiving turkey!!!! That bread looks delicious!!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails