Thursday, December 20, 2012

Foodie Friday -- December 21st

 
Welcome to the December 21st Foodie Friday.
 This week I've been busy cooking
and choosing paint colors for walls, garage doors, and shutters.
 
Today we awoke to bold, blustery weather and loud "baaing" sounds. I looked out the window, and our farm animals were placidly grazing on the lawn. The goats had taken apart the live arrangements in the urns, and branches were strewn in the driveway. The wind caused our Internet connection to go out, too, so I am bringing Foodie Friday to you via my iPhone hotspot.
 
While the men repaired herded the animals and repaired the fence, I prepared a comforting supper: Baked Ziti; for more comfort, I added sauteed bell peppers and a touch of heavy cream. A printable recipe is available.
 

 
It's time for Foodie Friday's 
Christmas Showcase.
 Last week's entries were heartwarming and magical--every single one was a keeper. If you'd like to take another look at the holiday recipe line-up from December 14th, just click HERE
If you are still looking for recipes, you will surely find inspiration, 
with the added bonus of meeting friendly food bloggers.
 
I've added a feature--the "Showstopper-of-the Week."
To make it easier for you, I've tried to categorize the recipes, beginning with "Showstopper," then leading into gifts, entrees, bread, sides/appetizers, desserts, and homekeeping tips.
Hope you enjoy the tour!
 
Let's start off with this week's "Showstopper," 
a charming, illuminated gingerbread village by Lemon and Lime, a UK-based food blog. Even if you aren't a baker, you'll enjoy the photographs. Next year, Lemon and Lime
is aiming for a Hogwarts Village!

 
Charming Gingerbread Village with Lights
 
 ***
 
 
Holiday Gift Ideas
 
Pomegranate Seeds and Holiday Cocktail Nuts
 
 
 
 
Snowman Cocoa Mix in Mason Jars
 
 

Assorted Gift Ideas
My Biscuits Are Burning
 

***

Delicious Entrees
 

 Snowman Pizza
 
 
 
Breakfast Quesadillas
 
 
 
 
 
Marinated Steak
 
 
 
 
Crunchy Chicken Casserole
 
 
 
 
Chicken Bundles
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


Enchilada Cups
Lambert's Lately


 
 
***
 
Sides and Appetizers


Chicken Marbella Appetizers
Chipotle Cheddar Potato Latkes
 
 

 
Assorted Retro Appetizers

 
 
 
 
 
Merry Cranberry Salsa
 
 

 
Snack Mix
 
 

***

 
Breadtime Stories
 
Butterhorn Rolls
 


 
Orange Monkey Bread

 
Cranberry-Sausage Cookies
are the perfect blend of sweet and savory.
 


 
 Holiday Sugar Fixes



Molasses Bars
Jen's Favorite Cookies


 
 
Pistachio Bundt Cake
 
 
Double Mint Holiday Bark
 
 
 
Holiday Sables
 
 
 
 
 

White Chocolate Pecan Pie
 
 
 
 
 
Lemon Ice Box Cake Cookies
 
 
 
 
 
Bourbon Balls
 
 
 
 
 
 Penguin Cookies
 
 
 
 
Jolly Santa Cookies
 
 
 
 
 
Snowball Fight Cake Balls
 
 

***
 
Kitchen/Homekeeping Tips
 
Choosing Essential Oils
 
 


Why should we send holiday cards?
Axiom at Home 
 
 

More Recipes 
 
Heirloom Tomato Sauce @ Yummy Smells
 
Rosemary Collins @ Knit One Pearl Onion
 
After Eight Cupcakes @ Annie's Mom
 
Artichoke Dip @ Life in My Empty Nest
 
Maple Sausage & Belgian Waffle Bake @ The Painted Apron
 
O So Easy Spice Cookies @ Loblolly Lane
 
Decadent Peanut Butter Millionaire Fudge @ Cooking With K





Happy Holidays!!
Thanks so much for reading and visiting. I can't wait to see what you've cooked up this week. Have a great time visiting the blogs that have contributed recipes. If you'd like to add your recipe to the Foodie Friday linky party, locate the blue Inlinkz frog (below). Add your permalink and select an image. It may take a few seconds for the entry to process. A red X on your photo allows you to delete your entry if you make an error. The Foodie Friday badge is located on the right-hand sidebar if you wish to add it to your FF post. If this is your first time to participate in Foodie Friday, a tutorial is available.





===========
Pin It





 

 


Social Bookmarking

35 comments:

  1. Hi Michael Lee, what fabulous features you've shared with us. Your Baked Ziti looks like pur comfort food...yum. Thanks for hosting and Merry Christmas to you and your loved ones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the feature!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The food all looks fabulous! Have a very Merry Christmas!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Michael Lee,
    What a great party, everything looks fabulous. I am so excited that you featured my Cranberry Sausage Cookie,thank you so much! I just love your Baked Zita and would enjoy a nice serving right now.

    Wishing you and your family a very Merry Christmas!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, Michael Lee! I am SOOOO hungry now after looking at all those gorgeous food photos!! :-)
    Merry, merry Christmas to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  6. All great features Michael! Wishing you a very Merry Christmas:@)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your morning sounds like one Teeny would wake up to :) Thanks so much for the feature! Wishing you, your family & animals a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Thanks so much for the feature! I hope you have a Very Mery Christmas! XO, Aimee

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a delicious round up! Thanks for including my Double Mint Holiday Bark. This week I am sharing my Peppermint Bark Popcorn Recipe. I hope you have a wonderful Christmas with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a grand assortment of holiday recipes! Lots of great baking ideas here. Thanks for sharing these wonderful recipes, ML. Happy Holidays to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you so much for your party! Love the new look :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for hosting. I loved the new features you did and how you split them up. Happy Holidays

    ReplyDelete
  13. Seriously, I don't even know what recipe to try first! There are some amazing things to try in these last 2 weeks. I really like what you are doing with the features!! Happy Holidays! Deb PS I'm getting a ton of spam too :-(

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for your linky love! Such beautiful gingerbread houses... love making them.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Michael - thanks for being our faithful host each week, and thanks for featuring my penguin snack cake photo. It was a kit of fun making them.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Michael, I love your features this week! Yummy! And your ziti looks so heartwarming and comforting. Perfect on a cold day.

    I've linked up my White Chocolate Cherry Shortbread and I always love to be featured.

    I wish you and your family a fabulous Christmas!

    Melissa @ The Alchemist

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great round up Michael Lee. Have really loved Foodie Friday this year. Merry Christmas to you and your family.

    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. What amazing feature posts!!

    Thank you for hosting!

    MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY NEW YEAR!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank goodness for iPhone hotspots :)

    What wonderful features; I feel honoured to be included! Thank you for sharing my Crunchy Chicken Casserole :) This week I've shared a family recipe for Classic Sugar Cookies.

    I've pinned your Baked Ziti recipe so I can try it very soon. It looks delicious.

    I always enjoy Foodie Friday and want to thank you so much for hosting every week. Wishing you and yours a very Merry Christmas! x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thank you so much for featuring my gingerbread village, glad you liked it! I wish you and your family a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm planning on baking all weekend and I know I'll get some great ideas from the party.

    Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a delicious round-up. I am very proud to be included. Thank you.

    Your ziti looks perfect for your nasty cold weather. Sounds like you had quite a night with the animals. Our winds are howling here in south Florida from the NW and it won't be a good hair day :)

    Merry Christmas to you and your family and thanks for hosting Foodie Friday.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love the roundup! The wind here is insane. I had to pick up our decorated trees on the porch 5 times yesterday, finally gave up and left them lying around!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Merry Christmas Michael Lee,
    Thank you for the most beautiful food party my mouth always waters when I come here.
    Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thanks for the feature! I am hoping you know that all of my photos are OK for feature. Also, I did post a giveaway this week - I hope that was OK. It's an organic and non GMO membership to an online store. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thanks for featuring my Chipotle cheddar latkes and my Jolly happy Santa Cookies! Have a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thanks so much for the feature and for hosting this holiday blog party!

    Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Thank you so much for the feature! Have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

    Mamamia @ My Biscuits are Burning

    ReplyDelete
  29. Thank you so much for the feature! That lit gingerbread village is amazing. Today I'm sharing a recipe from my mom that is a traditional part of our Christmas brunch. I hope you have a wonderful holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Great features!..I'm in lovee with the gingerbread Village I've wamted to try this forever,every year I say I'm gonna give it a try,LEMON & LIMES has surely inspired me once again.
    Oh my goodness did do I ever want some baked zita,yumO!
    And all the foodies are fantastic,wish I could try them all.
    And "YIP-PEE",glad to see the spice cookie recipe mentioned.

    Merry Christmas,have a great weekend.Have fun and enjoy the renovation and try and keep the animals HAPPY!!!

    Jo @ LoblollyLane

    ReplyDelete
  31. O yeah...I wanted to say I got so tickled when I read.....All comments must be approved by blog author:NOTE TO SPAMMERS..your links will be fed to wild mutant ninja hogs...

    YOU GO MICHAEL LEE!!
    You sure have a way with words,LOVE IT!!
    ~Jo @ Loblolly Lane

    ReplyDelete
  32. Wonderful features! Thank you for hosting. I linked up my Molded Peppermint Bark, and love to be featured. Have a very Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  33. What a pleasant surprise to see my Butterhorn Rolls was featured! Thanks for hosting this fabulous party each week. Wishing you and family a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  34. I adore that snowman pizza! A lot of great ideas this week, and I'll be coming back after Christmas to make a list of ideas for Christmas 2013 ;o) Thank you for featuring my snowman cocoa, and I hope you feel better soon. Merry Christmas to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails