Thursday, January 17, 2013

Foodie Friday -- January 18, 2013


Welcome to the January 18th Foodie Friday! 
I'm still in Cupcake Mode. But the minute the temperature dropped, my thoughts turned to comfort food. Luckily this was a popular theme at last week's Foodie Friday.

Let's begin with this week's "Showstopper," a heartwarming, family pleasing dish--Nut and Berry Stuffed Baked Apples from the blog Will Cook for Smiles. During the cold, dark winter months, this dish is pure comfort food. Beautifully photographed and presented, this is the perfect dessert or side-dish for an icy January night.


Click to visit Will Cook for Smiles



Back Porch Musings is always warm and welcoming, filled with great recipes, design ideas, and stunning photography. This week, Pat shared her recipe for Crockpot BBQ Pulled Pork. You'll have fun visiting.





Halfbaked Harvest cooks great food throughout the week. Check out her recipe for Crockpot Sweet and Spicy Chicken Tacos. (Click on the underlined blog name to visit.)





A Girl's Reflections gave a tutorial about chili--I'm making it this weekend.




Grab a cup of hot chocolate, then take a bite out of these delicious Red Velvet Sandwich cookies, one of Sugar 'n Spice Gals' creations.


Key Lime Pie makes me think of a summery picnic at the beach, but it's also my personal comfort food. Kathiey's World tried a recipe from Pinterest--it looks delightfully comforting.

To learn more about these recipes, click on the name of the blog.


Thanks for visiting Foodie FridayYou are the highlight of my week! I can't wait to see what you've cooked! If you'd like to add your recipe to the Foodie Friday linky party, locate the blue Inlinkz frog (below); add your permalink and select an image. It may take a few seconds for the entry to process. The Foodie Friday badge is located on the right-hand sidebar if you wish to add it to your FF post. If this is your first time to participate in Foodie Friday, a tutorial is available.

29 comments:

  1. Love your blog and your wonderful photos, wow, I have to practice with my camera...always enjoy your tutorials...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for hosting, dear one.
    xo bj

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for hosting. Happy to be back in the "link party groove" after the holidays. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for hosting! Hope you have a great week!
    Blessings,
    Nici

    ReplyDelete
  5. I so want one of those cupcakes or red velvet cookies. Thanks for hosting each week, ML.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks so much for hosting! Have a great week!
    Blessings,
    Nici

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much for mentioning BPM. Much appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The food looks so good over here! Is it just me or do we crave chocolate more during these short days of January? Thanks for hosting!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awww, I'm blushing! Thank you so much for featuring my stuffed apples!
    Thank you for another wonderful get-together!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello! Thank you for hosting! Here with Double fudge Brownies.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Everything looks so good!

    I hope your health is good and you are taking care of yourself!

    Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Michael Lee, hope you're having a good week. Thanks so much for hosting your party.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Michael! Brought to your party 2 dishes this time a sweet breakfast and dinner,but if you asked me, I could eat those lovely cupcakes of yours for breakfast, lunch and dinner, lol! Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The big cold front finally dipped down into south Florida late yesterday afternoon and it's chilly here this morning too. Finally. It's felt like April this last month.

    Stay warm and thank you for hosting Foodie Friday. Have a nice weekend too.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  15. These all look so yummy!!! Thanks so much for hosting this great link party! Have a great weekend! =D

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you for the inspiration your blog gives. I haven't participated in Foodie Friday in a while and it is good to be back. Thank you for hosting. Yes, this colder weather makes us think of comfort food.

    ReplyDelete
  17. The cupcakes are lovely, as always! The pulled pork feature looks amazing.

    thanks for hosting and have a wonderful weekend!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  18. So many good things. Hope renovations are proceeding well....

    ReplyDelete
  19. So many good things. Hope renovations are proceeding well....

    ReplyDelete
  20. Those cupcakes are beautiful! Thank you so much for hosting and have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ohman! Can one eat everything that is here? Maybe a whole life time. Everything looks so good

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi, I'm new to your blog. I love the big pictures! Everything looks so great and I can't wait to check it all out. Thanks for hosting.
    cass-eats.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks for the opportunity to link up!

    Mrs. Sarah Coller

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi I am sharing Blueberry Cream Cheese bread. I am new today and excited that I found your wonderful blog. Beautiful pictures. And I am also a ironstone gal. Been collecting for a few years, I have a mix/match set of dishes that I use everyday of ironstone and several other pieces. Love them. Always have Andi thewednesdaybaker

    ReplyDelete
  25. I am visiting some party participants this morning. I'm scrolling through admiring the large pictures, and thought I should let you know how much I appreciate being able to see the pictures well. Great size! Thank you for hosting this delicious party! :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love Foodies.Thanks for hosting!I had problems linking up,my old PC is showing out and blogger too.
    Trying to visit these delish entry's.I always see recipes that I'd love to try...wish this crazy internet would be more friendly.
    And sorry about no picture,wish I could delete and link-up again.
    ~JO @ LoblollyLane

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails