Thursday, January 10, 2013

January 11th Foodie Friday

 Welcome to the January 11th Foodie Friday!
I'm so glad you're here
and can't wait to see what you've brought to the party. 

 Speaking of parties, I went to a "Downton Abbey" gathering last Sunday night to celebrate the premier of Season Three, 
and I brought cupcakes!

You can check out the fun and videos here: 
A Downton Abbey Party

It has been a busy week--working at home and at Rattlebridge. I gave my diabetic Yorkie, Zap, the cutest "bear" haircut, and I've also been in a decorating frenzy. I am still deciding which color to paint my interior doors--light gray, medium-darkish gray, and very dark gray. It's really hard to decide! 

Thanks SO much to everyone who has offered advice--you've helped more than you know. You spoke, and I listened. The curtains and mirrors have been removed, and the color confusion is gone. I bought five sample pots of paint today.
I'm excited!

The latest adventures:

Would You Paint a Room Black?
Painting Interior Doors
The Room That Laughed In My Face


This week's Foodie Friday "Showstopper" is:
 Decor to Adore's
French-Style New Year's Feast.
It is truly a feast for the senses--looking at the pictures made me wish New Year's would come sooner. Everything is so elegant and looks exquisitely delicious. You'll enjoy the attention to detail and the great ideas!
Click on the link to visit:
Decor to Adore's Bonne Annee Parisian New Year's Eve Feast


(To visit these blogs, click on the link below each photograph.)

We're enjoying salad days here at the farm, and this one is sure to please my picky-eater husband. The addition of pasta makes this salad a main course. Can't wait to try it.



I can almost smell the browning bread in Pattie Tierney's kitchen--don't these rolls look spectacular?




Potatoes are my number one comfort food, and I was drawn to these potato heads! They look really good!






You can always find something wonderful in Butteryum's kitchen, and her round-up for 2012 is a must-see!




When something this pretty is sugar free, my heart speeds up and I run as fast as I can to grab a fork and a knife. This turtle cheesecake will get me through the winter! I know you'll love it, too.




This is an enchanting blog--and you don't have to be a chocolate lover to enjoy the recipes. I think you'll put this recipe on your keeper list.



You had me at Teeny. Seriously. Yes, it's my novel, and I just couldn't resist. :-) But the real treat is Loblolly's black-eyed peas. You will love them to pieces! 



More Great Food and Tips:
Gazebo House's Pork Sauerkraut (couldn't snag your photo, Rett)


The winner of last week's $100 American Express Gift Card was Pam Greer. Congratulations, Pam. If you'll email your mailing address, I'll send the card right away. Thanks to everyone who entered the contest--more will be coming up to celebrate the trade paperback release of my 9th novel, A Teeny Bit of Trouble, which is a comic Southern novel that's coming out later this month in paperback, and also to celebrate my urban fantasy, Hunting Daylight (written under a pen name, Piper Maitland). My publisher is also hosting a fantastic give-away on Goodreads, and I'll post the info as soon as it's available.

A quick note
There are so many wonderful Foodie Friday recipes and I would love to include every single one in the round-up, but the post would be long! So I will be "pinning" your Foodie Friday recipes at Pinterest all week long;  I'll Tweet about them, too. If you'll allow me to post your pictures on my public Facebook page, please give permission. Links will go to your blog post, of course. If you don't give approval, I will be scared to pin, Tweet, or FB your photos. 

Thanks for visiting Foodie Friday. 
You are the highlight of my week!

I can't wait to see what you've cooked! I know you will have a great time visiting the blogs that have contributed recipes. If you'd like to add your recipe to the Foodie Friday linky party, locate the blue Inlinkz frog (below); add your permalink and select an image. It may take a few seconds for the entry to process. The Foodie Friday badge is located on the right-hand sidebar if you wish to add it to your FF post. If this is your first time to participate in Foodie Friday, a tutorial is available.





Pin It

Social Bookmarking

28 comments:

  1. Hi Michael Lee,
    You have been a busy lady with your remodel, taking care of the precious little friends and getting ready for a new book release. Your features are awesome and I can't wait to check them out. Have a great weekend and thanks for hosting!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much for featuring my cheesecake and for hosting the party each week. Have a great Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for all the deliciousness, Michael lee.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a wonderful group of photos and my mouth is watering.

    I have no objection to being pinned or linked and appreciate it deeply. I absolutely love pinterest!

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was tickled to see my Crusty French Rolls featured. I always look forward to Foodie Friday. Keep us posted on the renovations.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Michael Lee. Great features, in particular that Asian Pasta salad. I know Carolyn and she's just fabulous. Have a great weekend.

    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my, those cupcakes look absolutely amazing! I'm drooling already!
    Thank you for your party and have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm enjoying watching and reading about your house renovations, paint colors, etc. Thanks for hosting and happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the party... I've linked up how to make pizza dough and pizza... feel free to use my pictures if you like! Have a great weekend! Deb

    ReplyDelete
  10. everything looks great and probably taste yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG - these cupcakes are heavenly looking!!
    Thanks for the party and for the beautiful features
    Have a blessed weekend

    ReplyDelete
  12. What beautiful cupcakes! This week I've shared a Banana Gingerbread quick bread. I'd love it if you'd share on Pinterest, FB etc - thank you for asking permission :) So glad your decorating is coming along well. I've been travelling, but I can't wait to catch up on your posts :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Now I would love a cupcake! Thanks for the party and for hosting. Feel free to use my photo on your FB page. Happy Friday!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have been reading and watching with interest your remodeling and paint-picking adventures. We've remodeled over a dozen homes through the years and I envy the process and sympathize with the frustration that goes with picking paint colors. Something is not fair about paint changing its color in different light... It's enough to make you want to run away from home :)

    Thanks for hosting FF each week. I don't know where you find the time, but we really appreciate it. Feel free to share my photos on FB and on your blog. It's an honor to be included.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your cupcakes are adorable! Although I have been a Foodie Friday reader for a long time this is the first time I've added my own recipe. Of course, you can share the picture anywhere you'd like. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Michael Lee, thanks for hosting, the cupcakes look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my goodness!! Thank you so much, I am so excited! I'll get my info to you right away!

    Also, you can pin me, post me, anywhere, everywhere!!

    Again, thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Everything looks extra delicious this week, I can't wait to spend some time perusing all the recipes! I did just start "A Teeny Bit of Trouble," which is delightful, and I hope to finish Season 2 of Downton Abbey this weekend so I can start the current season three. I have already told everyone to leave me alone this weekend, I DO have a bad cold actually, but I just really want to read and watch and read!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Michael!!! Happy Friday to you and Thank You from the bottom of my heart for featuring my Chocolate Pudding. It's such an honor to be at your party and I hope I don't disappoint you in future posts! Again Thank You and have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  20. So many wonderful recipes here this week, ML. Yes, I'm more than happy to share my photos. Many thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thank you for feature!!
    I get so tickled when I see LoblollyLane's post.
    I'm running behind,we have had busy week,when you go over to visit LoblollyLane you'll see why I'm lagging behind.

    When "life" happens we get so busy,doing the nessecaries.

    ~Jo @ LoblollyLane

    ReplyDelete
  22. A Downton Abbey party? I love that idea and just may have to copy!

    ReplyDelete
  23. How fun to attend a Downton Abbey party!!! (wish spell check knew I was spelling "Downton" correctly! LOL

    I loved seeing your luscious cuppies & I also LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the bigger thumbnails of all the entries to FF.
    Thanks for doing it all these years. You'll never know how many new recipes I've found just because of you & this fine group of cooks.

    Hugs,
    Rett

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thanks so much for hosting! Hope your weekend is awesome!
    Blessings,
    Nici

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thanks for Hosting this Fabulous Party Michael!Please feel free to share my pictures and recipes any way you choose to do it, it would and honor!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Thank for hosting. I can't wait to see your house all remodeled!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  27. My husband must have caught the flu at his office--he's very sick this weekend. We didn't get our flu vaccines until last week, but we're all taking Tamiflu.

    I'm sitting beside the fire, looking at your recipes! Thanks to everyone who allowed me to Pin, Tweet, and mention your blogs on Facebook. I had so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi Michael! Hope your husband and you are getting over that flu. Ugh. The remodeling is an amazing transformation. Feel free to pin or post my things, it is kind of you to do that for others! I seriously doubt anything i ll ever post will look as good as those cupcakes above!! Yum-o. Thanks for hosting too, its so inspiring! Huggs, Dianna

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails