Thursday, January 31, 2013

Foodie Friday--February 1st



 Welcome to Foodie Friday.
I hope it isn't windy in your neck of the woods. 
A few nights ago, 100 mph winds slammed through middle Tennessee. Our creaky old fence was damaged (knocked flat in places). I found a gutter guard in the front yard. But our roof is fine, and so are the farm animals. 
As I type this blog post, the wind picked up briefly, beating against the windows, and a bucket is rolling down the driveway. It sounds like the end of the world. What strange winter weather!
If you were in the storm's path, I hope you and your loved ones were--and are--safe. 



Speaking of things that were knocked down, we're missing a wall--on purpose. It was Bandwidth's idea (younger son) to remove part of the wall between the kitchen and great room. The room (known as "The Cave") is so much brighter. In the distance, you can see the new kitchen window. 

The opening will resemble this:

Also, I finally selected a paint color for the master bath. I'll post pictures this Saturday, along with pictures of another missing-on-purpose wall.

Valentine's Day is almost here, and this week's "Showcase" features a sampling from the January 25th Foodie Friday. 
I know you'll be inspired! 

Death by Chocolate





Valentine's Day Oreo Brownies




Biscoff Bundt Cake with Espresso Ganache 

Butteryum





Peanut Butter Cup Cheesecake





Lemon Pound Cake





Lemon Meringue Tart (with homemade lemon curd)
Thanks for visiting Foodie FridayYou are the highlight of my week! I can't wait to see what you've cooked! If you'd like to add your recipe to the Foodie Friday linky party, locate the blue Inlinkz frog (below); add your permalink and select an image. It may take a few seconds for the entry to process. The red "X" will allow you to delete your entry if you want to change the image or headline.The Foodie Friday badge is located on the right-hand sidebar if you wish to add it to your FF post. If this is your first time to participate in Foodie Friday, a tutorial is available.







Pin It

Social Bookmarking

24 comments:

  1. Terrible weather for sure, this crazy South, snow then tornados! your window is beautiful, the arch with the side lights is stunning!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crazy weather indeed, Michael Lee!! Thanks for hosting your Foodie Friday. It's been fun checking out your renovations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's been crazy here is FL. 75 one day, 50 another than 70 again. Everyone is down sick :(
    Hope all is well now! Thank you for the party :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Crazy weather here also. Can't believe I slept thru the storms that came thru here a couple of nights ago. :/
    Don't have anything to contribute - but thanks for hosting again this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Crazy weather alright Michael Lee. Here on the east coast of Australia we've just endured some of the worst flooding ever (some parts even worse than 2 years ago) and cyclonic winds causing so much damage. Be glad when summer's over I think. Love the features this week. Would love a piece of any of those right about now. Just before I collect the kids from school.

    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's been a little windy here in Eastern Oregon, but not too bad. I hope you'll share photos of your room when it's all done!

    I'm hosting my Homemaking Linkup Weekend and would love to have you join, if you'd like!

    Have a great day!
    Mrs. Sarah Coller

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've featured some amazing goodies Michael! Looks like the house is keeping you very busy-enjoy:@)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for hosting Michael. Have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's scary windy here, we lost a couple of trees but fortunately they didn't fall on the house!

    Thanks so much for featuring my Oreo Brownies! Counting the days til I can curl up with Hunting Daylight :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. The winter weather has certainly been interesting.

    Thank you for including our family favorite dessert, with all those amazing chocolate delights!

    Bandwidth's idea was brilliant. Having that wall opened up will be great.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What wild weather out there! Thanks for hosting your Foodie Friday. I've been checking out your renovations.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What is it with the winds this year! I'm sorry you had damage, but I'm glad everyone is okay. We had terrible winds this week and our entry gates were broken. Earlier this year I lost a lovely garden trellis as well. Oh well, spring is coming!

    It looks like your new home is coming together beautifully.

    Thank you for hosting the party. This week I've shared a delicious fish dish. Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for hosting Michael. Wow! your reno looks fantastic. I love the openness of the room. Have a great weekend

    ReplyDelete
  14. hi! Thanks for hosting this. I am new to the linky party world, but have been food blogging for quite a while. I am #67, and wouldn't mind being featured if you wanted to. Great blog. Can't wait to explore more!

    Nicole at www.orwhateveryoudo.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Quite a storm we experienced it here in NY and had several power outages in our town because of it. More trees down....

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love to see the progress on your new home. So neat.

    - The Tablescaper

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am three weeks into a month of eating the Wahls Diet which is all about eating the right nutrients for brain health. I’m sharing a recipe which may sound odd: Sardine Avocado and Citrus Salad. Have you ever actually tried a sardine? They are actually pretty tasty, reasonably priced and have lots of good nutrients like omega-3s, calcium and protein without the mercury that larger predator fish like tuna have. I ate them once a week while I was pregnant and I still do as a breast feeding mom.

    http://foyupdate.blogspot.com/2013/01/brain-food-sardine-avocado-citrus-salad.html

    I also linked up a post on several of the strategies I’ve developed to make sure I get all my nutritious food everyday:

    http://foyupdate.blogspot.com/2013/01/five-strategies-for-wahls-diet.html

    Thanks for hosting!

    Foy

    ReplyDelete
  18. It just makes me so hungry to see the things you post every week and even more so when I look at the links! The sweets look amazing this week and I'm trying to be so good!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I don't know which I enjoyed more...the photos of last week's submissions or the house shots!!!

    Thank you for sharing both with us. I'm loving the experience of seeing your home transpired into just what you want.

    Warm Hugs from cold, snowy & [i]W-I-N-D-Y[/i] Ohio!
    Rett

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh, so many yummy foods! Thanks for hosting!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks for hosting this link party. I'm excited to link up for the first time. I'd be fine with my photo being featured, if you chose to, since you do such a good job of crediting. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Dear Michelle, don't blog any more but I just want you to know how much I have missed you..you really inspired me to be a better person.. I use to love reading your blog and helping all of us that we on RMS and the trolls that we coming after us..You make many of us woman so happy with your kinds words..It also was so much fun to figure out who you were..you are indeed a kind hearted woman.. my life was made complete by the kindness you shown to me..I will always think of you that way..I know your famous.. and I'm not but you lifted me up at my lowest time in my life.. ( I had just lost my mama)I wish nothing but the best to you and I wished I could give to you what you gave to me..hugs and love from my mountain to yours my dear friend..Gloria many Blessngs all your life..



    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails