Thursday, March 28, 2013

Foodie Friday--Easter Edition


Are you excited?
I am.
Because it's Foodie Friday, and I get to
visit with you.

I'm also excited because this week's party will be packed with ideas for the upcoming holiday. For even more recipes, check out the previous 

I've been busy writing, working on the house, and cooking.
 I made Hot Cross Buns in the bread machine.
We love Baked Tacos all the time,
but they are perfect for a post-holiday meal, when you crave 
non-traditional fare.

I also "made" a 5-Minute Coconut Pound Cake 
(the easy way, of course).

Dr. Will brought home some beautiful flowers 
and Easter candy. 

The chocolate bunnies inspired me to make a little vignette beside the front door, an "Easter Welcoming Committee." 

I poked around in cabinets and closets and found bunnies, glass compotes,
and various doo-dads. Everything went on a small table.

Are you ready for Foodie Friday's linky party? To add your recipe, locate the blue Inlinkz frog (below, left) and click on the icon. Follow Inlinks's directions. Include your permalink, not the main link to your blog, then select an image. It may take a few seconds for the entry to process. The red "X" will allow you to delete your entry if you made an error. The Foodie Friday badge is located on the right-hand sidebar if you wish to add it to your FF post. If this is your first time to participate in Foodie Friday, a tutorial is available.

"Pinners" please go to the source blog to pin and credit the bloggers/photographers for their work.
Thank you for stopping by! Have a great, food-filled week.

I love to hear all about your holiday food adventures.
What's on your menu? Does your family have an heirloom dish? Trying something new? Eating out?
Foodie minds want to know!

Pin It


  1. Lovely photos, and I am thinking about your tacos for when we have had enough celebrating.

  2. What pretty foodie photos you've shared, Michael Lee. Thank you for hosting and Happy Easter!

  3. Hi Michael,
    We are adding a new dish to the brunch menu this year, Eggs Benedict Casserole with Hollandaise, it will be a big hit with our group. I brought it to share with all of you today and hope you enjoy it. Wishing you and your family a blessed Easter and thanks for hosting!
    Miz Helen

  4. I love your Easter decorations. We always go to our friends and I get asked to bring dessert. The pound cake looks delicious! Have a Happy Easter.

  5. beautiful photos! Hope you have a wonderful Easter!

    Thanks for hosting!

  6. I love all these recipes you shared. Especially that cake. Happy Easter to you and your family. Thanks for hosting FF each week. xo

  7. I am so impressed at all you do and how your designs make me so jealous. Thanks for the pictures.

  8. I am so impressed at all you do and how your designs make me so jealous. Thanks for the pictures.

  9. Thanks for hosting! Hope you're having a super week!

  10. So many pretty Easter decorations and yummies ! I did very little Easter decorating this year and so far have not even taken pics. Other things going on.
    Happy Easter and have a great weekend.

  11. I wish I had something to share but will NEXT week! Wishing you and your family a happy and blessed easter. I wish someone would bring me beautiful flowers and candies:) XO, Pinky

  12. Yummmm...I'm makin' that Coconut "FAST" Cake for Easter...:)
    Thanks so much, my long-time friend, for being so loyal about hosting this awesome party.

  13. Mmmmmm, Hot cross buns sound GOOD! Happy Easter Michael!

  14. Is it sad that I am most excited about the Easter egg hunt? My little boy was so excited when they had one at school, I can't wait to see him again :)
    Have a great weekend and thank you for hosting :)

  15. Yummy...Your pictures are always the most incredible, so vivid and beautiful, wish I could take those kind of pictures, wow such an array of beautiful things...

  16. I brought my Gluten-free Carrot Bundt Cake with Cinnamon Glaze to the Easter feast. Have a great Easter!

  17. OMG! Your photos!!! MAGAZINE WORTHY!!! Seriously! WOW!

  18. You just brought Easter to my desktop! Wow, the photos are stunning! I'm trying a new coconut 4-layer cake for Easter this year. I'll let you know how it is! Have a wonderful weekend, and thanks for being a wonderful hostess each week.

  19. Beautiful pics full of gorgeous colors Michael! Happy Easter Weekend-enjoy:@)

  20. Your Easter / springtime photos are so pretty and very inspiring. So inspiring. Looks you are ready for the big day and Mr. Easter Bunny. I brought Easter asparagus - dressed with a fig balsamic vinegar & shallot vinaigrette - great served at room temperature on a buffet. Have a great Easter up there at your pretty farm and thanks for hosting.

  21. Love your Easter candy and flower vignette! Your cake looks amazing...5 minutes is right up my alley :) Happy Easter!

  22. Your photos are INCREDIBLE Michael! I love linking up here!! You AMAZE me!
    A funny thing happened to me that people are saying I should play the does have to do with food and you may get a laugh, so if you have a chance, check it and tell me what you think!

    Have a wonderful Easter!

  23. Beautiful holiday photos! Have a good weekend. :)


  24. I love your Easter Welcoming Committee! What a beautiful arrangement. Thank you so much for hosting, and have a wonderful Easter!

  25. Hi,
    I'm sharing important info about a blogging event: Food Bloggers Against Hunger. I hope you will help spread the word. Thanks.

  26. Amazing photos Michael!!!
    Happy Easter and thanks for hosting!
    With best wishes,

  27. Thanks for hosting and have a great Easter!

  28. Your photos are beautiful! Thanks for hosting :)

  29. Thanks for hosting Michael. Wishing you and your family a Happy Easter. I adore those egg cups.

  30. Thanks so much for hosting this Beautiful Party:) Lynn @ Turnips 2 Tangerines
    Happy Easter~

  31. such a pretty little easter fling you go going on there, and the egg cups... of course i am most drawn to the tractor! i used to hold tractor races for my husbands bday, those cups would have been wonderful prizes for the winner circle. beautiful flowers, i miss them being at the beach, here its all green, blue and gray, aka liquid fog. thanks for the vibrant lush colors of spring again, i will be back to see whats cooking~

  32. Hi Michael Lee and Happy Ester to you and your family! I don't have a recipe to share but I'm going to make your 5 minute pound cake for dessert for our Easter lunch. I had been wondering what I should do and you've solved it for me!
    Is that a Fostoria cake stand I see?
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

  33. ML, this post is just GLORIOUS & I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your new header!! Such beautiful Spring colors!

    I'm up to my eyeballs in preparing the entire EASTER meal for transport to my sister's hour's drive east of us! I'm using my Ninja crockpot that also fries & steams, my triple server buffet crockpots from Sam's to hold all the side dishes PLUS my other single use crockpot. Whew!! Not to mention bringing desserts & homemade rolls. She is not well...bad back & knee & can't do is pending for her, so I'm taking the whole thing to her house. Honey Baked Ham, hashbrown casserole, deviled eggs, German green beans with bacon & onion, nut roll, bunny cake....Whew!! Glad I drive an SUV with lots of room in the back.

    I haven't heard much about your poochie lately? I hope he is doing better.
    Thank you for all the wonderful inspiration you provide & for doing FF so many years. I can't tell you how many new recipes I've tried because of it.

    Have a Blessed Easter,

  34. Beautiful welcoming vignette, ML. Stopping by to wish you a wonderful Easter weekend........Sarah

  35. Lovely photos Miss M!
    Hoppy Easter!
    Its good to be back and sharing on Foodie Friday.
    Rainey @ The Project Table

  36. So exciting to come to your party. So much to look at Did you see that lemon pie? Oh, I want a slice Happy Easter have a great weekend. Andi thewednesdaybaker

  37. So many gorgeous Easter vignettes ~ everything looks so pretty!
    Happy Easter!