Thursday, April 18, 2013

Foodie Friday: What Are You Cooking?





Welcome to Foodie Friday. So happy to see you this week! Grilling season will be here soon, so Bandwidth and I put together two recipes for you: bread machine hamburger buns and Gordon Ramsay's burgers.
 
The smell is divine, and the process is super-easy.
 
 
 
  


Bread Machine Buns
Quantity: 6
 
1 cup milk
1/2 cup tepid water
1/4 cup butter
1 package instant yeast
4 1/2 cups bread flour
2 tablespoons white sugar
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 egg
 
Add ingredients to the bread machine and select "dough" cycle.
Remove dough from machine and let rise for 35 minutes. Cut dough
into six equal parts and shape into smooth balls. Let rise for 15 minutes.
Bake at 400 degrees F for 10 - 12 minutes.
 
 
 


 





Gordon Ramsay's Hamburgers
 
1 - 1/2 pound hamburger meat
salt and pepper to taste
1 medium onion, minced
1 tablespoon ketchup
1 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
2 egg yolks
 
Mix ingredients and shape into patties.





Bandwidth and I are trying to decide if we should continue with themes for Foodie Friday. This
week's theme was sandwiches/burgers, but all recipes are welcome. We would really like
your input about the themes, since the reactions were mixed.

Let us know! Thanks!

Now let's look at our "Picks of the Week."




We were thrilled with last week's fabulous round-up and had a great time visiting you.
Thanks to everyone who welcomed Bandwidth as a co-host. Our Foodie Friday
"Picks of the Week" kicks off with Asian Chicken Salad from the blog
 Cooking on the Front Burner. It looks as fresh and inviting as a sunny spring day.




For the recipe, visit Cooking on the Front Burner.


The delightful post at My Cozy Corner  is a must-read if you have ever thought about making macaroons. Don't they look delicious? How long do you think it took Betty to make them?





To learn about making French macaroons, visit My Cozy Corner.




Thanks to all of the great cooks who participate each week. We look at each post and
are inspired by all that you do. We invite you to add your recipes to the "Consuming Passions"
group board at Pinterest, which can be found HERE.


To participate in Foodie Friday, locate the blue Inlinkz icon and follow the directions.
For a guide to the linky party, click HERE. If you have still have questions, click HERE
for a detailed Foodie Friday tutorial.

** By adding your link to Foodie Friday, you are granting us permission
to include a photo of your FF recipe (and a link to your blog post)
to be included in the "Picks of the Week" feature or on our Facebook page.

**Many bloggers add their recipes on Thursday evening. From these contributions,
Bandwidth and I will select random recipes for shout-outs on Twitter, Pinterest, and Facebook 









Pin It




39 comments:

  1. Wish I had a bread machine. This looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for hosting and have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The rolls look so delicious. I will have to try these.

    Jocelyn @ http://justalittlesouthernhospitality.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok, that seals it, I need to make some burgers for Sunday dinner with the boys very soon! Love your homemade rolls too:@)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Buns look awesome and will be perfect for my Black Bean Burger. Have a great week and thanks for hosting!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for hosting and letting me join in. Last week I posted Quick Pickles - I should have saved for this week - so I posted a salad and Angel Hair Pasta - it is so good - I promise.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much for hosting! Hope you a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the features - I've wanted to try to make French Macaroons - they look amazing - I appreciate you two hosting,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for hosting your foodie party! The burger (and the buns) look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those buns turned out beautifully Michael. I should get back to using my breadmaker I think. Thanks so much for hosting and have a great weekend.

    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those rolls look amazing! Will have to try a gluten-free version. ;-) I've linked up super simple, but totally delicious Roasted Veggies Soup. :-)

    Have a great weekend, Michael! Thanks for hosting and sharing so much beauty with us each week. I missed the info on Bandwidth, so I'll have to check that out. ;-)

    Shirley

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've been wanting to make buns but can you believe I gave my bread machine away? I'll have to borrow it back! I gave it to my best friend, so she will understand. Thank you both for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is my first time at Foodie Friday! I am looking forward to visiting the other Foodies!
    Blessings from Still Woods Farmhouse

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooh the buns and hamburger look scrumptious. I thought the theme was a great idea and then I completely forgot about it!! Thank you for hosting and have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my word, those buns look AMAZING!!! Thanks so much for hosting. Hope you are having a great week!

    Best,
    Jen @ Yummy. Healthy. Easy.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you so much for choosing me for Pick of the Week. I've picked up my beautiful button and I have it on my side bar for all to see. Yes! You have an amazing blog. I love to visit each week and learn more about great food. We love hamburgers and we are trying to find a bun that doesn't leak. Sweetheart makes the Best Ever Hamburgers on our grill, and we have them about twice a month. Thanks for your beautiful presentation.
    xo
    Betty @ My Cozy Corner

    ReplyDelete
  17. Perfect and fluffy buns! Thanks for the party...

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am going to be trying these very soon. I cringe when I read the label on store bought buns, so many things I can't pronounce. I read an article once that said, "If your grandmother can't pronounce it, don't eat it", every time I read a label now I think of that saying. I firmly believe that is what's wrong with our food and that is why there are so many sick people.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm not organized enough to follow a theme, so I'm thankful you include recipes that don't follow the weekly theme. Can't wait to check out the homemade Worcestershire sauce recipe. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  20. First off, I am thrilled to see Bandwidth hosting right along side his mom. :)
    Second, since I cook by the seat of my pants, I am never organized enuf to follow a theme...thank you for taking my link, anyway. Whatever you decide will be JUST RIGHT.
    XOXO bj

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Michael and Bandwidth! So glad to see that Bandwidth is back as a co-host! Thank You both for the party! Have a great weekend..I'll be dreaming about those delicious bread buns!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your burger buns look wonderful and I love the recipe! The burgers sound fantastic too. It's so lovely that you and Bandwidth are co-hosting together :)

    I find themes can be tricky to follow, although it is a good opportunity to use recipes from blog archives, updated to include a link to the party. As bj said above though, whatever you decide will be just right.

    This week I've shared a red pepper tapenade, which I suppose would actually make a nice burger topping, although I haven't used it that way yet :) Thanks to both you and Bandwidth for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I really like your new banner! Its so very spring-like.

    ReplyDelete
  24. What fabulous hamburger buns. My mother made homemade buns and I'll never forget how wonderful they tasted compared to store-bought. And I love Gordon Ramsey's recipes. I did his blue cheese stuff burger recently and it was fabulous. I really appreciate your both hosting each week.

    I'm celebrating the colorful life of Lilly Pulitzer with her Shrimp and Corn Bisque. As far as the themes are concerned, I think they are interesting, but I'm not organized well enough to be able to coordinate with them. Just my two cents, but if I end up being the only one that didn't follow the theme, I feel like the one with the two left feet, if you know what I mean :)
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  25. The burger buns looks delicious! I love the idea of a theme idea had something chocolate scheduled to post this week, thanks for letting me join the fun anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love the buns and the burgers smell great too... yes, I can smell them. Thanks for another lovely party.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Those buns look delicious!! My mother just made buns this week and they were so fab and so not low-carb, lol. Thanks for hosting!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Your blog is so gorgeous and I am drooling over all your recipes. I linked up our bbq's pork roast and added your blog party to my weekly link on my blog. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Thanks for hosting Michael. I love your new banner, it is so pretty. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  30. yay!...I need a bread machine,must get a bread machine,going to get a bread machine.These fresh baked rolls are gorgeous,I can just smell the tastiness.
    Themes are wonderful,and so happy to see you and sonny boy cooking up fabulous foodies.
    Love Foodie Friday parties...thanks to you both for hosting this funness...we get such wonderful ideas and outstanding recipes.
    Jo @ LoblollyLane

    ReplyDelete
  31. Thank you for hosting and have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  32. That burger/bun looks awesome, ML! Thanks for hosting each week.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Thanks for the great bun recipe... I think great buns make a huge difference in the overall taste of a burger!
    I'm a little late for the party this week. Bringing Brussel Sprout Salad
    Thanks for hosting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Thanks for hosting this great party~ Lynn @ Turnips 2 Tangerines

    ReplyDelete
  35. Hey there, my name is Aretha and I'm a fellow blogger out of Amersfoort, Netherlands. I like what you guys are up to. There's no doubt that Blogger:
    Rattlebridge Farm is an example of intelligent work and reporting.
    Carry on the good work guys: I’ve incorporated you
    guys to my blogroll. In my opinion it will increase the worth of my own blog.


    Also visit my weblog :: house maintenance

    ReplyDelete
  36. Just a little note to say that I've been sick with a migraine headache and haven't been able to visit anyone today. xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  37. Hello Michael! I'm so happy it's burger season again. The buns and the burgers both look wonderful.

    I haven't been doing any link parties for quite a while since I haven't had time to visit other contributors and I feel badly linking up and not doing that.

    Hope your headache goes away soon!

    ReplyDelete
  38. These are fabulous! Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails