Thursday, May 16, 2013

Foodie Friday

Welcome to the May 17th Foodie Friday.
Our family loves Reeses Peanut Butter Cups.

Did I make them from scratch?

Did I eat them?

Foodie Friday "Picks of the Week"

I enjoy Foodie Fridays because I get to visit the heart of the home: your kitchen. I discover
new recipes and find old ones that I thought I'd lost. I learn tips and foodie facts. Every Thursday evening, I "pin" various entrees; others are given shout outs on Facebook (which goes directly to Twitter).
I'll read a post, get all excited, and want the world to know about it. That's one reason that "Picks of the Week" are difficult. Each post is fun and unique. Bandwidth has been selecting the "picks,"
but this week, he was busy. I had the hardest time--I just wanted to include everyone. Shall we begin?
Note: To visit these blogs or "pin" an image, please click on the links beneath the photographs.
Stone Gable's Parmesan Asparagus Phyllo Roll Ups look absolutely delicious. I've worked
with phyllo pastry and learned first-hand just how quickly it can dry and how fast the cook must be.
I love asparagus, so I can't wait to try Yvonne's roll ups! At a party, they'd be snapped up immediately. And wouldn't they be perfect for a spring supper or a picnic?

From the yellow zigzag runner to the fiery red peppers, I love everything about Cooking on the Front Burner's Cashew Chicken Stir Fry.  Don't miss this recipe--it's a keeper.
Once Upon a Plate's Baked Blueberry French Toast with Blueberry Syrup is calling my name. Just look how the syrup puddles onto the white plate, mingling with the berries. I'm ready to pick up the fork and enjoy the best French toast in the world.
Sidewalk Shoes' Tagliatelle with Chestnuts-Pancetta-and Sage merges a recipe with a food story, and her pasta looks divine.
My middle name is Lee, but it should have been bacon. I am always looking for ways to sneak it into food, or just to cook it. The Velvet Moon Baker's Maple Bacon Cookies resonate with my pork-loving soul. I can't wait to try them.
The Well Floured Kitchen's Zucchini Pappardelle with Shaved Pecorino is another keeper. It drifts across the plate like chartreuse and cream ribbons. Put this fresh, spring entrée on your "to-do" list.
Four years ago, when Foodie Friday began, people asked if their posts had to be strictly food related. No, not at all. You can do reviews, take photos at the bakery, add a tablescape, or tell us a story. I was thrilled to read Salmagundi's food and friendship story, and I know you'll enjoy it, too.
Last but not least, I wanted to honor a cook who merged peanut butter and chocolate. I blame Winnish's Peanut Butter Mini Cheesecakes topped with chocolate on the many Reeses Cups that I scarfed down after looking at her photos. Can you just imagine the rich layers in each bite, the hard, sweet crunch of chocolate, followed by a soft, peanuty cloud.

This week, let's kick off the party with a fun activity. Tweet or Pin at least three of your favorite Foodie Friday recipes. You can also give a shout-out on Facebook.

Thanks to all of the great cooks who participate each week. I look at each post to make sure it is working, and it is always such a treat to see what you've been cooking. I'd like to invite you to add your recipes to the "Consuming Passions" group board at Pinterest, which can be found HERE.

It is a small, private group, but Foodie Friday folks are welcome. If you'd like to "pin" with us and chat about food, just leave a comment on one of the "pins," and I will send you an invitation. Or you can email me.

Note: Bandy isn't co-hosting this week, due to his busy schedule.
To participate in Foodie Friday, locate the blue Inlinkz icon and follow the directions. The red "x"
will allow you to delete your link if you made an error; the "x" is visible to you only.

For a complete guide to this linky party, click HERE. If you have still have questions, click HERE
for a detailed Foodie Friday tutorial.

** By adding your link to Foodie Friday, you are granting us permission
to include a photo of your FF recipe (and a link to your blog post)
to be included in the "Picks of the Week" feature or on our Facebook page.

**Many bloggers add their recipes on Thursday evening. From these contributions, I will select random recipes for shout-outs on Twitter, Pinterest, and Facebook 
I would like to ask pretty please if Pinners will "pin" photos of the "Picks" and all FF contributions from the source blogs, not from Foodie Friday. 
Thanks so much for visiting  today. I am always inspired by your recipes--and by you. Food blogging is more difficult than any kind because of the sheer work that goes on behind the scenes--planning, shopping, prep work, cooking, taking photographs, culling those photos, and cleaning.  I am amazed by your ideas and creativity. .
I hope to see you again soon! Have a great, food-filled weekend.




  1. hi Michael, I will definitely be pinning away! thanks for hosting, I love totally foodie events!

  2. Hi Michael Lee, I love seeing the features each week. Thank you so much for hosting and keep enjoying those peanut butter cups!

  3. Thanks for much for hosting. Those peanut butter cups look amazing! Have a great weekend.

  4. Thanks for the party! Have a fabulous week....

  5. Thanks for hosting and letting me join in.

  6. Awww... thanks for liking my Cashew Chicken! PS I love PB cups... when I buy a pack of 2 I try to save one for another day but just can't do it!

  7. Thanks so much for hosting. Have a wonderful weekend.

  8. Thanks for hosting! Hope you have a great weekend!

  9. thanks for hosting the party! have a great night!

  10. Chocolate/ PB is my #1 food weakness, but I have to keep it tempered due to food sensitivity to salicylates (PB high in those) :( Oh, well, it is probably for the best and one say I will be able to eat all the chocolate/pb I want (heaven). :)

    Thanks so much for hosting.

  11. Thank you so much for another awesome party. I love Reses peanut butter cups too. Now I'm craving some! I've linked up my Award winning butterscotch chewy cake, a vintage Pillsbury bake off winner.

    I hope you have a great and fun weekend!

    Melissa @ The Alchemist

  12. Did you make them, no... did you eat them, yes - lol!! Happy FF Michael.

  13. Wow! What a great party this week. You have the most amazing ideas for Foodie Friday. Thanks for pinning my Easy Herb Garden. I love joining your party and herbs are food too, so I linked up.
    Have a great weekend. Your remodeling job is so beautiful. I know it will be wonderful when it's all finished.
    Betty @ My Cozy Corner

  14. Hi Michelle
    Thank you sooooooooooo much for featuring my Peanut-Butter mini Cheesecakes.
    I'm honored that you "blame" me for making your Reeses Peanut Butter Cups :)
    I have to tell you that I also made PB Cups and they actually were my inspiration to make my PB mini Cheesecakes.
    Here you can see my Homemade Peanut Butter Cups

    Thanks again and have a wonderful weekend!

  15. We love Reeses' Peanut Butter Cups too. I'm so glad it's now easier to get them in the UK :) The features are mouthwatering and I loved Salmagundi's lovely story. Thank you so much for hosting. This week I've shared Carrot Puffs.

  16. Peanut Butter Cups are way too tempting for us to have around the house! :) Love your beautiful new header! Thanks for hosting, have a great weekend!

  17. The blueberry french toast looks great, wish I had some right now:@)

  18. Thanks for hosting each week. My husband is a big peanut butter fan. I'm off to check out that gorgeous stir-fry. Hope you have a lovely weekend.

  19. If you can picture this my daughter gave my son for his birthday yesterday a bouquet. The vase was filled with mini reese and the stems were Slim Jims... sounds like you guys might have enjoyed this too. Thanks for another wonderful party and yes, there is always room for one more reeses.

  20. I'm a big fan of Reese's Peanut Cups too! Thanks for hosting!

  21. "My middle name is Lee, but it should have been bacon" LOL Well, my middle name is Ann, but it should have been Lemon! Cracked me up this morning, ML!

    Thanks for hosting FF again this week. It is always a fun event & I'm glad to contribute. I pinned it to your 'Consumming Passions' board.

    Hope you are enjoying this gorgeous spring weather. It finally arrived in Ohio.


  22. I shared another cookie recipe this week- Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies. I added peanut butter chips to this recipe to add more flavor and we really liked the result.
    This recipe is gluten free, but it can be made with "regular" flour if you don't have an issue with gluten.

    Thanks for hosting!

  23. Fabulous foodie features, Michael. The peanut butter cups look good too.

  24. Slow to the party, but can't wait to go through these recipes. They all look amazing. I"m sharing some Mexican inspired dishes for this week.

  25. Reese's Peanut Butter Cups are my weakness. I'm almost glad you didn't make them because I don't want a recipe!! Of course that cheesecake at the end of your post...ok, I'll take a dozen.

  26. Oh man!! I am going to be craving these all day!! :) Hope you're having a nice week. My Homemaking Party is going on now and I would love to have you link up, if you haven’t already!
    Mrs. Sarah Coller

  27. Thank you for hosting! Love your new header!

  28. Thank you for hosting! Now I am craving chocolate and peanut butter!!!! I always find so many great ideas each week on Foodie Friday.

  29. Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, one word: YUM!
    Thank you for hosting us M! xoxo