Thursday, June 6, 2013

Foodie Friday: Easy Blueberry Tart




Welcome to Foodie Friday.
Easy blueberry tart is on the menu today at Rattlebridge Farm.
It really is easy--so easy, you can make it with one hand. I talked on the phone to a dear editor friend while I was making this tart.


 

 


I garnished the tart with sugared mint leaves.
This required two hands, I might add.
 
How to Make Sugared Mint Leaves
 
1 egg white, whisked
granulated white sugar
Demerara Sugar (optional)
mint leaves
baking rack
 
Dip a small paintbrush (or, if you dare, a clean finger) into the egg white
and paint mint leaves (one at a time). Think happy thoughts. Let your inner child emerge.
Sprinkle sugars over the leaf and place leaf on a drying rack. The sugar will dissolve. Do not despair. Be patient. Apply more sugar as needed.


Click HERE for a printable recipe.
 


 



 
 







This week, let's kick off the party with a fun activity. Tweet or Pin at least three of your favorite Foodie Friday recipes. You can also give a shout-out on Facebook.

 
Thanks to all of the great cooks who participate each week. I look at each post to make sure it is working, and it is always such a treat to see what you've been cooking. I'd like to invite you to add your recipes to the "Consuming Passions" group board at Pinterest, which can be found HERE.

It is a small, private group, but Foodie Friday folks are welcome. If you'd like to "pin" with us and chat about food, just leave a comment on one of the "pins," and I will send you an invitation. Or you can email me.

 
To participate in Foodie Friday, locate the blue Inlinkz icon and follow the directions. The red "x"
will allow you to delete your link if you made an error; the "x" is visible to you only.

For a complete guide to this linky party, click HERE. If you have still have questions, click HERE
for a detailed Foodie Friday tutorial.

** By adding your link to Foodie Friday, you are granting us permission
to include a photo of your FF recipe (and a link to your blog post)
in the "Picks of the Week" feature or on our Facebook/Twitter/Pinterest pages.

 
I would like to ask pretty please if Pinners will "pin" photos of the "Picks" and all FF contributions from the source blogs, not from Foodie Friday. 
 
Thanks so much for visiting  today. I am always inspired by your recipes--and by you. Food blogging is more difficult than any kind because of the sheer work that goes on behind the scenes--planning, shopping, prep work, cooking, taking photographs, culling those photos, and cleaning.  I am amazed by your ideas and creativity.


 
 
Have a great, food-filled weekend.

Love,
Mlee  



Pin It

Social Bookmarking

36 comments:

  1. Your Blueberry Tart looks great Michael! Love your pretty pics too:@)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Pictures! Looking forward to trying your tart recipe.-looks delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blueberries are a favorite of mine, and your tart looks delicious! You inspired me to add butterflies to a cake. They loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your lovely simple tart looks divine, and the sugared mint leaves are quite the special touch!
    yum!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your tart Michael! It looks so fresh and delicious! Pretty photos too....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your sugared mint leaves are the perfect touch on that gorgeous blueberry tart. Stunning photos!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, sugared mint leaves is a must try! The blueberry tart in all it's gorgeous surroundings is almost too pretty to eat. Serving Mexican Food at Hyacinths but no recipes. I wasn't the cook on this one. Hope you'll stop by for a visit. ~ Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank You so much for the party Michael! The tart sure looks Yummylicious! Have a fantastic weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Michael Lee, the tart is gorgeous and I'm loving those sugared mint leaves. The draped table is the perfect backdrop! Thanks for hosting your party.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your Blueberry tart looks fantastic. Thanks so much for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks so much for hosting! I'm not sure which I want more - the tart or that stunning table cloth. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is such a beautiful set up! The tart looks great too :)
    Thanks for hosting your party!

    ReplyDelete
  13. you are terrifying me... i am fearful of the nbs when i see stuff like this... its so gorgeous, i mean you even have a gargoyle watching over your blueberries... i am so worried about this trio shaming me when you can crank out pretty posts like this. beautiful setting, photos, tablescape and the sugared mint is brilliant, why have i never even thought of that? its picture perfect in my eyes, and then you go and add whip cream reaching to the heavens. can i get an amen? i feel my goose is cooked with y'all...

    ReplyDelete
  14. That looks absolutely delicious AND easy. Pinned it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow..its such a fantastic view..I wish I was there in person.Thanks for sharing and hosting.As always your presentation is magical.Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you for hosting and letting me join in. I have visited and pinned per your request, and now I am pinning your blueberry tart. This looks like a great recipe for when company is coming. Presentation gets a A+.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your photos are so gorgeous Michael! The Blueberry Tart looks incredible.
    I shared my recipe for Banana Cake this week. This recipe is gluten free, but it can be made with "regular" flour if you don't have an issue with gluten.

    Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  18. OMG that is mouth-watering! I think I just found tomorrow night's desert :). I love the presentation in the photos as well. Thanks for sharing, Michael!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Looove those photos you posted, gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  20. WOW. Honestly I think I stared at your blueberry tart for like 30 minutes. Those pictures are gorgeous! And it looks so delicious! Thanks for another awesome party! I hope you're having a great week!

    Best,
    Jen @ Yummy Healthy Easy

    ReplyDelete
  21. I adore blue, and your tablescapes are stunning! Not to mention that gorgeous (and gorgeously easy) blueberry tart! This week I'm sharing a Mocha Cake with a Twist :) Thank you for hosting and have a lovely weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous! Your blueberry tart looks too pretty to eat and I love the touch of the sugared mint leaves! The tablecloth, bowl of whipped cream and flowers are a feast the the eyes! Wishing you a delicious weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. I am sooo glad it's blueberry season. Love your tart and the sugared mint leaves. And the presentation is outstanding. Thanks for hosting each week and hope you have a lovely weekend.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  24. Everything looks so nice. Thanks for the party Andi

    ReplyDelete
  25. Michael I can't believe how beautiful and easy your tart is... plus your tablecloth is to die for. I would love to join your pin group. I just became a follower of it. Thanks for the party.

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a gorgeous setting for such a delicious looking tart, ML! Very, very pretty!!!
    Our blueberries won't be ripe for months yet but I'm tucking this recipe away for when they are ready.

    What is up with #49?? putting a "toilet bowl cleaner" into Foodie Friday? YUCK!! Turns my stomach just to see it there. i'm NOT clicking on that one, but I'll go check out as many of the other entrants as I can.

    Thanks for hosting FF again & again.
    fondly,
    Rett

    ReplyDelete
  27. I should never come to this site when I am hungry!!!! You rock... Michael Lee! What great recipe! I love the sugared mint leaves. Can't wait to try these!!!! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  28. That first photo is just amazing Michael Lee. Just gorgeous. Thanks for hosting. It feels like forever since I was here last.

    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love the food but really, really love your photoshoot styling! It all looks so tempting... I'm new to this link party thingy and yours is the first one I've joined. (I think I've joined, anyway!) Thanks for having me and I look forward to joining many more, the recipes are all so inspiring! :) b_t x

    ReplyDelete
  30. Michael,
    One photo is more exquisite than the next. Love the colors, the flowers , the setting and the tart.. So so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  31. O.M.G! Those pictures are GORGEOUS! Great job, and thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  32. This tart looks wonderful as do all these participants!!!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Thank you so much for hosting! Your pictures are out of this world amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Thanks for hosting!
    Your blueberry tart is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Hi Michael,


    Thank you for hosting a great party.

    Judy
    Pursuit Of Functional Home.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails