Sunday, June 30, 2013

Halcyon Skies

After endless rain and gloom,
halcyon skies graced the weekend at Rattlebridge Farm.

This post is tremendously photo heavy . . .
. . .and I know everyone is busy with July 4th preparations;
so I'm keeping the commentary to a minimum.
You can scroll down for the recipes if you wish.


Grilled Kielbasa Dogs


An edible vase. . . two ways. 

Easy, Semi-Low Calorie Berry Tumble
Pre-made shortcake rounds
sugar free pound cake
star cookie cutters
sugar free pudding
sugar free Cool Whip
Flatten each shortcake round and place in bottom of a serving dish.
Add pudding, fruit, and Cool Whip.
Using a star cookie cutter, cut shapes from 1" slices of sugar free pound cake

Sugar Free Itty Bitty Trifles
Sugar free pound cake
Sugar Free vanilla pudding
Assemble ingredients. Chill and serve.
Guilt free!

May your July 4th be blessed with halcyon skies.

Contributing to:  Metamorphosis Monday,
Let's Dish
Inspire Me Tuesday
Tutorials, Tips, and Tidbits
Tablescape Thursday

Pin It

Social Bookmarking


  1. I hope you and your family have a wonderful 4th. Your photos are so lovely, and I'm kind of lusting after your pie safe - not sure what it is called, but I would love to have one.

  2. Everything is so pretty and festive. The flowers are beautiful and the foods looks yummy.
    Plans for the 4th are still undecided here.
    Have a great week.

  3. Lovely, as always!! You sure know how to brighten my day.

    Mary L

  4. The watermelon flower arrangement is glorious! What an idyllic American setting!

  5. Oh wow, this is the perfect picnic and your pictures and decor are amazing. Love, love love it all. I would want to join this party. Thanks tons for joining Inspire Me. Hugs, Marty

  6. The photos are fabulous and perfect for the 4th! The tablescape is so fun with the flowers placed in watermelon as a centerpiece! The duck is the cutest and will love the watermelon slices. Have a great 4th!


  7. FABULOUS! Your setting is gorgeous with so many lovely things and such attention to detail, but the dinner plates with the flags are simply awesome!! Have a great Fourth celebration weekend ahead.

  8. more adorable cuteness! ok, my first thought is with the watermelon on the lawn, where are the ducks... can you believe i am jealous of your ice? we never have any, can't drink our water here so no easy way to make, always have to import, i rather have a freezer with ice cream then ICE, just not enough space for those kind of decisions!

    enter duck stage left...

    such a fun cookout, of course i am drawn to your mini pies, in my warped world small is good. until i eat 4 small ones and realize that is equal to an entire pie, but small always seems such a good thing to start with ;-) the jars are darling, again, wee portions=eat to many of them again! maybe this is just my personal problem...

    that was just a delightful visit, i feel refreshed and ready to tackle my horrid heat today, i love all your touches, such a festive family moment! if i miss you, have a wonderful 4th, i plan to spend mine underwater, its the last day of 110 degrees, then we plummet to 90, oh how will we cope~

  9. This is so pretty and you seem to have a nice little duck checking things out. I love the three tiered stand...nice. Susan @ Through My Porch Window

  10. Oh, where to start! What's not to love about every image in this post. Love the watermelon vase and the tub of ruby red, ice cold melon. The serving stand, the textiles, those darling poppers.........every detail of your scape is glorious, Michael Lee. Then there is the setting! How perfect can one tablescape be? "Oh, beautiful for halcyon skies..." ~ Fabulous 4th to you and the family..........Sarah

  11. Wow... this is some picnic! Amazing love your pictures! Would love to invite you to come share at One More Time Events. Hope to see you there! New follower...

  12. I'm sure something very tasty is under that grill lid. Great presentation for the 4th, and I love the tiny trifles. They are an idea to remember.

  13. Your photo heavy posts are my favorite kind, filled will all your beauty and special touches! Your table, watermelon vases, desserts are perfectly patriotic! My heat swells with joy to see that beautiful barn and countryside! Wishing you a wonderful Independence Day weekend and keeping my fingers crossed for halcyon skies after a long and rainy week!

  14. Beautiful, Michael! The food looks yummy! Love that centerpiece and those great patriotic dishes. My fave pic was the one with Mr. Duck...soooo cute! I think he wants some watermelon. :) Happy 4th to you and your family.

  15. Beautiful, Michael! The food looks yummy! Love that centerpiece and those great patriotic dishes. My fave pic was the one with Mr. Duck...soooo cute! I think he wants some watermelon. :) Happy 4th to you and your family.

  16. How adorable this is. Your setting is so pretty. Love your duck who evidently invited himself to the party!

  17. Hope your 4th was wonderful. Great post! I didn't realize that there was sugar-free cool whip. I'll have to look for some next time I'm at the store. Great idea.

    God bless and may the rest of July be heart warming,

  18. Oh Michael, this is a PERFECTLY patriotic table setting! I love the "edible vase" and your flowers are spectacular! EVERYTHING is perfect dowwn to the last detail. The desserts sound wonderful too, love those little blue and white bowls. Our rain FINALLY stopped too and it is HOT and sunny....perfect pool weather:) XO, Pinky

  19. How beautiful! I love the vistas in the background. Now that duck needs a little patriotic bow!
    The tablecloth just pops, and the watermelon vase, too cute!
    Thanks so much for linking to Let's Dish!
    I have been cooking, but not post worthy! I just peeled a ton of peaches, so maybe I will have something for tomorrow night!