Thursday, July 4, 2013

Foodie Friday -- July 4th

Welcome to the July 4th Foodie Friday.

I hope everyone had good weather. We'd planned to go on a picnic, but the
rain kept us indoors.  It was just as well, since I've got Lymes, my husband is suffering with a tooth, Bandwidth cut his hand and required stitches, and one of the Yorkies has an earache.
We're all on antibiotics!
Here are a few photos from this week's holiday posts.


Will is trying to lose a few pounds,
so I tested two simple low calorie recipes. 
Low-Calorie Fruit Tumble 
Sugar Free Mini-Trifles 

Click HERE for the recipes.

Thanks to all of the great cooks who participate each week at Foodie Friday. It is always a treat to see what you've been cooking. You are cordially invited to add photographs of your recipes to the "Consuming Passions" group board at Pinterest, which can be found HERE.

It is a small, sociable group; Foodie Friday folks are always welcome to "pin" with us and chat about food. Just leave a comment on one of my recent"pins," so I'll be sure to see it, and I will send you an invitation. Or you can email me.
To participate in Foodie Friday, locate the blue Inlinkz icon and follow the directions. The red "x"
will allow you to delete your link if you made an error; the "x" is visible to you only.

For a complete guide to this linky party, click HERE. If you have still have questions, click HERE
for a detailed Foodie Friday tutorial.

** By adding your link to Foodie Friday, you are granting us permission to include a photo of your FF recipe in a feature story.
I would like to ask pretty please if Pinners will visit the host blogs to pin photographs. Do not pin any thumbnails from this blog, unless they are Rattlebridge's own photos. Thanks.
Thanks so much for visiting  today. Hope everyone had a great 4th! And lots of great food.

Pin It

Social Bookmarking


  1. Thanks again for hosting. I hope you and your family are having a wonderful 4th.

  2. Looks like it would be a wonderful picnic! Thank you so much for hosting, happy 4th!

  3. thanks for hosting the party! have a great night!
    ~Danielle @ Snippets of Inspiration

  4. Happy 4th, Michael Lee! I love all your outdoorsy photos. The desserts look yummy, too. Thanks for hosting.

  5. Thanks for the party! Happy 4th! Blessings, D@TheShadyPorch

  6. No doubt you and your family are having a wonderful celebration :)
    Fantastic photos
    Thank you for the party Michelle

  7. Hope you guys are feeling better and had a nice 4th of July. Thanks for hosting each week.

  8. Love your tablescape...thanks for hosting!

  9. Hope everyone feels better soon! Thanks for hosting Foodie Friday! :)

    Love, Joy

  10. Hope you had a wonderful 4th! WHat great food and star-spangled decorations!!!!
    I pin all the time to CONSUMING PASSION... and have gotten so many great recipes! Thanks for all you do to make Fridays the yummiest blogging days!

  11. Good morning! This is my first time joining in on the fun ;). I love all the patriotic pictures! Looking forward to swapping recipes.

  12. I am sooo very sorry to read that you've contracted Lymes disease, ML!!! Didn't I tell you the ticks were really bad this year? Ugh! I hope you fully recover from it, without any lasting residual effects. REST!!!!
    I'm also sorry to hear your guys & poochie aren't feeling that great either. Sheesh...when it rains, it pours, huh?

    I'm amazed that you had enough energy to set up such lovely, patriotic displays. Each one is inspiring but I could hardly take my eyes off the GORGEOUS view you have off in the distance from your new home. SPECTACULAR!! Truly, you've acquired a little piece of Heaven.

    Let's hope you can all regain your health so you can fully enjoy it!!

    {{Healing Hugs}}

    p.s. Thanks for doing FF, even though you probably feel like crap!

  13. So sorry you are all feeling poorly and the weather didn't cooperate for your lovely picnic~ we have been dealing with rainy weather on the Gulf coast too, no fireworks, boo hoo~ that is terrible about the Lymes, I know you must be frustrated not feeling 100% to do all the many things you do~ Thanks for still hosting,

  14. Thanks for hosting and hope you all feel better soon!

  15. I am so sorry to hear you have contracted Lymes. I was just bit by a tick a week and a half ago. I am on my second round of antibiotics as well...but I won't know for sure if I've contracted Lymes for a few more weeks until I go for a blood test. It's been such a roller coaster of a summer. I hope everyone feels better soon.

    You photos are beautiful and festive. Thank you for hosting another round of Foodie Friday. And Happy belated 4th of July.

    Blessings my dear, Catherine xo

  16. Thanks so much for hosting! I love pictures of watermelon. :-)

  17. your picnic looks wonderful, hope you had a great 4th. for some reason since google reader stopped you are not showing up on any of the feeds i have, is anyone else having that same problem? i use aol reader and bloglovin, and your last post showing is against the wind...

    1. I am way behind the curve with the demise of GoogleReader. I don't know how to update the feed.

    2. you just showed up current on aol reader, yippee, maybe its fixed there :-)

  18. I agree with the previous commenter, even though I follow on both GFC and Bloglovin I didn't get your Foodie Friday post either. Hope everyone is feeling better soon:@)

  19. Hi Michael! Happy Friday! Thank You for hosting the party...what a beautiful table setting, everything looked so inviting and the food, well...delicious! Have a great weekend, Lizy

  20. Gorgeous pics. Love your striped dishes!

  21. Thanks for hosting! Hope you had a great 4th!

  22. Hope you had a fantastic 4th Michael Lee. Thanks for this party!

    Anne xx

  23. Everything looks amazing! Thanks for hosting!

  24. Your photos are so beautiful ML, so festive!

    I hope your 4th was a good one. Thank you again for hosting us.

    You're the BEST! xoxo~m