Thursday, July 11, 2013

Foodie Friday--July 12, 2013

Welcome to the July 12th Foodie Friday.
The weather in middle Tennessee has been hot and muggy, with crazy-wild thunderstorms.
I hope you're staying cool!
For this week's Foodie Friday, Bandwidth and I have put together a few ideas for summer cook-outs.


Cedar-planked hen
I've been busy this week with the new-old house.
The granite fabricator has measured, and we're waiting on trim-work
and paint.
My cabinet maker, Jimmy, matched the new cabinets to the old
and built housing for the refrigerator.
(The cabinet doors are missing because they're being painted.)
My husband picked out the refrigerator,
and I can't wait to reveal it.
Two pull-out spice drawers were added (below).
The range will have two ovens.
Love the farm sink.
A small prep sink will go on the island, too.
You may remember that the existing oven/microwave/cabinets were removed,
along with a portion of a wall.
This week, we're working on the baking area.
The two ovens in our present home get a workout, so
we decided to add a wall oven.
In this space, we put a microwave drawer and a warming drawer.
Our current warmer also gets a workout, and my husband
told me to make sure I added one!
It was Bandy's idea to make sure that we had landing pads for hot food--so we
wouldn't be traveling around the
kitchen with steaming pans or microwaved items.
So we added a counter to the right of the ovens.
On the left, the cabinet will have (from top to bottom) storage on the top shelf, a wall oven,
a drawer microwave, a warming drawer, and a small storage drawer.
On the right, we'll have a counter--storage above and below.
The cabinet in the foreground will have a beverage center below and storage above.
The counter beside the ovens will be "set" this week
when the electrical work has been completed.

I'll have updates soon.
Meanwhile, we will try to stay cool!
Bandwidth and I would like to extend a huge thanks to all of the great cooks who participate each week at Foodie Friday. It is always a treat to see what you've been cooking. 
You are cordially invited to add photographs of your recipes to the "Consuming Passions" group board at Pinterest, which can be found HERE. It is a small, sociable group; Foodie Friday folks are always welcome to "pin" with us and chat about food. Just leave a comment on one of my recent"pins," so I'll be sure to see it, and I will send you an invitation. Or you can email me.
To participate in Foodie Friday, locate the blue Inlinkz icon and follow the directions. The red "x"
will allow you to delete your link if you made an error; the "x" is visible to you only.

For a complete guide to this linky party, click HERE. If you have still have questions, click HERE
for a detailed Foodie Friday tutorial.

** By adding your link to Foodie Friday, you are granting us permission to include a photo of your FF recipe in a feature story.
I would like to ask pretty please if Pinners will visit the host blogs to pin photographs. Do not pin any thumbnails from this blog, unless they are Rattlebridge's own photos. Thanks.
Do you want to have some foodie fun?
Be sure to read about Foodie Friday's upcoming Mystery Ingredient Club.
It will make its debut on the August 1st Foodie Friday. 
Thanks so much for visiting  today. We hope your week is filled with love, happiness, and great food.

Pin It

Social Bookmarking


  1. Your kitchen is going to be so amazing, I know you are jumping up and down in anticipation of all the wonderful things you will be creating! All that grilled food is so mouth watering, btw, nothing says summer more than a perfectly grilled something!

  2. Your kitchen will be fantastic when completed, I know a remodel takes forever or it seems like it, but then one day is is over and the wait is worth it. You have some mouth watering food coming off the grill! Hope you have a good week and thanks for hosting!
    Miz Helen

  3. I adore kitchen renovations, can't wait to see yours all finished! We did ours 2 1/2 years ago and still enjoy it so much! I'm posting it here at your party today. The food looks amazing and I'm so hungry right now! Thanks for the party sweetie!

  4. I am just so excited for you all- once this is all done you will be soooooo happy!

    What then will you work on? You are so used to STRESS, haha.

    1. A little potting shed for my husband. A real man shed. :-) After much thought, we're going to enclose the back porch. We decided today. Glad to have the indecision behind me, and full steam ahead.

  5. That salmon looks incredible!! Good luck with the kitchen renovation!
    Thank you for the great party :)

  6. Thanks for hosting the party! :) Have a great night!

  7. Wow, your cook-out ideas look wonderful! Your kitchen is going to spectacular when it is finished. I'm looking forward to the big reveal. Thanks so much for hosting and sharing with us.

  8. The kitchen is going to be totally gorgeous, and I so love the pool. Thanks for hosting. Hugs, Marty

  9. How exciting things are coming along! Can't wait to see updates! Thanks for hosting:-)

  10. OMGoodness Dear Lady,
    Your Kitchen is looking MIGHTY FINE!!!!
    Really like the trim above where the fridge is going to be.
    Gorgeous window and view.

    God bless,

  11. Everything looks delicious - I would like serving of each please. :) Well, except for the salmon (sorry). It looks wonderful, but I am just not a fan of strong fish, or strong cheese for that matter.
    Saw on the weather where your area is still getting lots of rain - sorry.
    I always look forward to seeing your renovation projects on your new home.

  12. Goodness! What a beautiful kitchen that is going to be!

  13. The food looks better than any I have seen in a nicer restaurant and I love the progress you are making on your renovations!! It has to be SO exciting!!

  14. Oh, I really liking the renovations you're doing ~ can't wait to see the final results (i'm sure you're going to be able to knock many of us over with a FEATHER!)

    I love your style! Thank you for hosting us. xo ~m.

  15. I was excited to see your updates. I am in love with your windows and can't wait to see the fridge. Thanks for letting me join in on the fun.

  16. Thanks for hosting, as usual, Michael Lee.

    Anne xx

  17. I'm giddy over your kitchen reveal! How exciting, I'm sure the renovation feels like it's moving at a snail's pace but oh so worth it!

  18. Your cookouts look mouthwatering and your kitchen is looking absolutely gorgeous! Not to mention your lovely pool :) Thank you both for hosting. This week I've shared a few memories, along with my Raspbery & Rose Jelly & Cream.

  19. Love the cedar-planked salmon. What a great photo. And wow, your kitchen is really coming along. Sounds like you have the final plan and the end is in sight.

    Thanks for hosting each week and thanks for the Pinterest board. Great idea and so is the Mystery Ingredient Club. Have a great weekend and I hope it is sunny.

  20. Thanks so much for hosting and sharing your pictures!!! I love the kitchen sink. Jealous. :-)

  21. The food all looks amazing! I want that sink!! (Oh, and everything else too!)

  22. first time linking up here at foodie friday! thanks for hosting :)

  23. We have been having the same weather in NY but it just broke last night.. lots of work at your house.. looks amazing, yes and I like the sink too.

  24. loving your kitchen! the window and farm sink make my heart pitter patter~ all your food looks so good too, i am swooning over you salmon shots, some pics just find my core and resonate... hope your heat wave breaks soon, i am heading to the arctic soon, heat will be a distant memory~

  25. So excited to see your kitchen updates! What a gorgeous place to spend time cooking and writhing!!!!
    Thanks for hosting this week. I'm always a little late, because I post my foodie post on friday morning! Need to make some adjustments!
    Have a great week, Michael Lee, and keep cool!

  26. It looks like you've been busy in the kitchen in a whole new way! I love the sink! Thanks for hosting a fun link party!

  27. So glad to have found Rattlebridge Farm on Foodie Friday! :D Amazing photos, what camera do you use? xoxo Chels
    Chow Down by the Bay

    1. Glad you're here, Chelsea! I use a Canon.

  28. I can already tell your kitchen is going to be just stunning! I cannot wait to see it completed. Thank you for hosting yet another wonderful week of Foodie Friday...the recipes you shared for the summer cookout look delicious.

    Have a wonderful weekend. Blessings, Catherine