Sunday, July 7, 2013

The Mystery Ingredient Club

The dog days of summer will be here before we know it.
Just for fun, the August 2nd Foodie Friday party will feature a bonus culinary event,
 
.The Mystery Ingredient Club
 
Here's how it will work:
When you link up to the August 1st-2nd Foodie Friday,
the party will continue as usual, but we'll be offering a "Where's Waldo" type of game, but with food.
 
Instead of Waldo, a mystery ingredient will be unveiled, and
if you choose to play along, you can look through the thumbnails to find the blogs that will
feature recipes with this "mysterious" ingredient.
 
A few weeks prior to the event, Bandwidth and I will contact bloggers to see if they wish to play along. If they agree,
we will mail the mystery ingredient/s to you
along with a thank you gift.
 
The ingredients will be mailed in separate shipments.
 
Using the ingredient, the bloggers will prepare a dish of their choice and will reveal their recipes on the August 2nd Foodie Friday.
 

Participants will be chosen from members of the Consuming Passions board at Pinterest and/or bloggers who have regularly contributed to, and have commented on,
the Foodie Friday linky parties.

For now, this is a one-time event, but if the majority likes it, 
Bandy and I will make the "secret ingredient" a regular feature--possibly seasonal or monthly--and everyone will get a chance to play along.
 
If you'd like to participate, leave a comment.
Thanks!

Mark your calendar for August 2, 2013.


Pin It

27 comments:

  1. This sounds like a fun idea to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so nice to see you showing up again on bloglovin. looks like fun with your mystery cooking, a good way to clean out your pantry too, just grab x,y or z and ask and you shall receive loads of new ideas. love your kind little sheep :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like fun! I hope I can participate . . . sounds like a fun challenge -- I AM assuming it won't be anything like tripe or sweetbreads!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea! I would love to participate if invited. You can have all kinds of fun with a secret ingredient.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this sounds like sooooo much fun! I would love to participate!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this idea! SO much fun, this is what makes you one of my 2 favorite hosts. Does flattery give me a leg up? :)
    ~April
    PS- You really ARE one of my two favorite hosts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh, I'm always up for a challenge Michael Lee. I love these kinds of challenges. It just can't be grits or collard greens or anything like. We don't have them here in Australia! LOL

    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. A mystery ingredient! Sounds like a great adventure and one that would be fun...something fun while cooped up inside due to the sweltering temperatures!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love a challenge! You can count me in.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh how fun! I don't know which would be more fun, searching of cooking. Probably cooking...I do love watching Chopped!! Either way, it is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like FUN to me!! I've always felt bad that I didn't go out & buy Madagascar Vanilla for your cake recipe in your last book.
    Lord knows, I've bought lots of other strange ingredients for just one recipe! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great idea! This sounds like it would be fun ~ I would love to participate. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That sounds like fun! I would love to participate.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I would love to participate! This sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fun! I would love to participate. :) Also, I have been meaning to ask to be added as a pinner to your Consuming Passions board. My Pinterest profile: http://www.pinterest.com/theluckywife

    Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Suzanne of Simply Suzannes at Home

    I'm fairly new to your site, but would still love to participate.
    "Mystery Ingredient Club" is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'd love to participate, Michael Lee! It sounds like a fun idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'd love to join in, but I'll be travelling at that time. I'll look forward to that edition of Foodie Friday though :) Sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sounds fun, Michael Lee! Count me in!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This sounds like so much fun! I would love to participate!

    ReplyDelete
  21. This sounds like such a fun idea! I would love to participate!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I am i n for the next time, summer is just too busy here! Friday I did a filet mignon dinner for 12, 3 differe nt desserts, and tonight there were 9 of us for dinner. Cook and clean, seems like that's allI do!
    So as long as it is something we would eat, I'm good!

    ReplyDelete