Thursday, October 24, 2013

Foodie Friday: Grilling with Bandwidth

Welcome to the October 25th Foodie Friday.
 
Bandwidth is your host this week, and he has prepared a lip-smacking
version of Chochos, skewered beef kabobs that are found on the menu at many Asian restaurants. 
 
His quest for homemade Chochos began when his dad developed some chewing problems. Though he loved Chochos at the local Asian restaurant, he was unable to enjoy them. Bandy
began to search for a tender version.
 
He started with a homemade marinade.

Honey Teriyaki Beef Chochos
 
 
Marinade:
 
1/2 cup soy sauce
2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
Juice of 1 lemon
1 tablespoons honey
1 tablespoons minced ginger (fresh)
2 tablespoons minced garlic
1/2 cup chopped green onions
 
Into a large bowl or container, mix ingredients and pour over 2 sliced New York strip steaks.
Cover and let strips marinate in the refrigerator for a minimum of 1 hour (overnight is awesome).
Remove beef from marinade. Place strips on soaked bamboo skewers (if you prefer, use metal skewers). Cook beef on a grill at medium-high heat for 3 to 4 minutes on each side.
Garnish with parsley.
 
Bandy used a charcoal starter, which he found at Home Depot.
He says it takes the angst out of grilling.



 
These chochos are moist, tender, and layered with flavors.
And so easy to make.
 
A couple of Halloween spiders crashed our dinner party.

 
 


If you are participating in Foodie Friday, please take a moment to read the guidelines.
To add a link to your post, locate the blue Inlinkz icon in the lower, left-hand portion of this post. Click on the icon and follow the directions. After you complete the process, you will see a red "x"
beside your name. This allows you to delete your link if you made an error;
the red "x" is visible to you only.


For a complete guide to this linky party, click HERE.

** Would you like to add your recipes to the "Consuming Passions" group board at Pinterest?
It can be found HERE. We're a small, sociable group; Foodie Friday folks are always welcome to "pin" with us and chat about food. Just leave a comment on one of my recent"pins," so I'll be sure to see it, and I will send you an invitation. Or you can email me.

 Thanks for visitin'!

 




Pin It

Social Bookmarking

33 comments:

  1. Bandy is so right about the charcoal starter. I can't be without one now. Please pass the plate of Chochos. Wow, they look delicious! The photography is wonderful too. Thank you for hosting FF.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the comment and thanks for participating in Foodie Friday!

      Delete
  2. I love those.... I never knew what the name was. I worked with an Korean Engineer and he would make this all the time when we had pot luck dinners. Thanks you for the recipe - it will be on my menu soon. It looks so good yum yum.
    Have a great weekend and I hope you have recovered from your tick bites.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy the recipe. Thanks for the compliments.

      Delete
  3. The chochos look wonderful, Bandy! Thanks for sharing the recipe and for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I might have to go try a chocho now! Thanks so much for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those look excellent, B! What a treat they would be, B!

    ReplyDelete
  6. They look delicious Michael Lee (minus the spiders). Thanks for hosting.

    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Scrumptious sounding!! I have been cooking a lot more Asian meals and I just love all the flavors! Thanks for hosting this great party,
    Karin

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Asian food, and these look awesome. Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I always like a little crunch with my skewered meat and those fat spiders will be just the ticket, those little crunchy lets are gonna be perfect, loved seeing some scarys...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bandwidth's Chochos look delicious, and the marinade sounds just mouthwatering. Love the cute spiders in the photographs :-) This week I've shared an Apple and Pecan Cake with Maple Glaze. Thank you for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The steaks look great and sound very flavorful! I love those chimney starters too, they're very helpful! Have a great weekend:@)

    ReplyDelete
  12. These look great and I love the flavors in the marinade!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your Chochos look so simply divine! I must admit I was intially disappointed that they weren't chocolate something! Ha, you put choc in a word and I'm going straight to chocolate! Great marinade, thanks, what a fun party food. Love the spiders!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  14. The Chochos look so appetizing (sans the spider of course). We have been using the chimney starter for several years, it works great and no lighter fluid taste.

    ReplyDelete
  15. And along came a spider...

    Bandy, your Chochos look amazing and the sesame oil brings such incrdible flavor to the party. I too would appreciate their being easier to chew. Happy Halloween.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  16. The chochos sound very good! I think my husband will love them. Thanks for hosting and have a great weekend!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  17. Absolutely wonderful Chochos and such a sweet thing to want to find a recipe that is good for dad.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Those Chochos look delicious! We'd enjoy those for sure! Today I'm sharing a simple Chicken Salad recipe that has options - like adding tomatoes and olives, or maybe adding dried cherries and cashews. Whatever you add...or not...it can become a salad, sandwiches -- and tea sandwiches -- or even subs.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh yummy! I could eat the whole plate... sans spiders!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I hope the spiders did not eat my share!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. looks delish! your recipe is like one my dad made, i grew up on it and i swear i could drink it, it was my standard go to for flank steak, then i decided who needed flank, just spoon it on down! to scary of a story? fabulous pics, mouthwateringly good, how sweet you made eating more tender for your pa~

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is my first visit to your link party, in fact it's my first blog post. Thanks for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi! This is my first time taking part in Foodie Friday - there are some awesome recipes in the linky so far! :) My post this week is for Broccoli Quinoa Casserole. Which was really delicious, even if I do say so myself lol!

    Thanks for hosting this blog hop, I plan on taking part again :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thanks for hosting! The meat look yummy, too.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Those kebabs look delicious! Wish I had an outdoor grill. Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  26. The chochos look amazing, beautiful photography too. I've never tried them but I'm going to do it now for my meat eating friends.
    This is my first visit to your blog, Michael. It's so lovely! Thanks for hosting.

    Robyn @ simply fresh dinners

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh, yum! Bad with, you did a great job on these!

    ReplyDelete
  28. This looks delicious. I'm going to request that my "chef" fix these one night this week.

    ReplyDelete

There you are! I'm so glad you're here. Love, MLee xxoo

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails