Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Bourbon BBQ Ribs Plus Macaroni and Cheese: The Novel Bakers

 
NOTE: Please check back at 7 pm tonight (Central), when Foodie Friday goes live. I'll have more Nearly Nigella recipes, too, with links to fellow Novel Bakers and their posts: Jain at a quiet life  and Mary Mc at  Home Is Where the Boat Is.


I'm cooking this week with Nigella Lawson and the Novel Bakers.
And once again, I used shortcuts.

Most Christmas cookbooks offer traditional fare: entrees, side dishes, goodies, and desserts. In Nigella Christmas, I was pleasantly surprised to find a recipe for Bourbon BBQ Ribs.
Don't they look marvelous?

In our house, we've overdosed on turkey and cranberries; our taste buds cried out for something
tangy and Southern.

The sauce was straightforward and sounded lipsmacking. Howevever, the whole family has been under the weather for at least a hundred years, so I opted for bottled sauce (bourbon was an ingredient) and Souffer's frozen macaroni (I added a buttery Ritz Cracker topping, which was pretty marvelous). Bandy made a rub, using heaven knows what from the spice rack, and roasted the meat.


I found the red flatware online (Hampton Forge Silversmiths Cila 16-Piece Flatware Set, Red, by Hampton Forge Silversmiths, Price: $20.06). The red bandana plate is sold at Publix.

I'm bringing star-topped mincemeat pies to Foodie Friday.

For more Christmas cheer and a great time, please visit my dear, fellow Novel Bakers
 They've got goodies for you!

 
Remember, the Foodie Friday link-up will be available tonight at 7 pm Central.


Pin It

15 comments:

  1. I'm sorry that your family has been under the weather. That is the cutest snowman snow globe ever in the photo! The Bourbon BBQ Ribs sound good to me. I have a bottle of Jim Beam bourbon left from a quail recipe that I made for a dinner party which was very good. I'll order Nigella's cookbook from the library since you are giving it good reviews.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jim Beam....hm, I'll be right over, Debbie! lol Let me know if you like the cookbook.

      Delete
  2. Oh your Nearly Nigella meal is comfort food for the soul and sounds perfect for the busy holiday season. Your Bourbon BBQ Ribs would make my hubby very happy, especially with a side of mac & cheese! I'll take all the short cuts I can get for this time of year :) Looking forward to a taste of your adorable and festive star-studded mincemeat pies tonight!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All it took for the mac was 1 "tube" of Ritz Crackers (crushed in the sleeve), then spread over the mac and dotted with lots of butter. But I'm the sort of person who can eat a whole tube of Ritz Crackers, so I'm biased. :-)

      Delete
  3. Oh, that looks yummy! We just ordered a special cut of ribs to make Norwegian Juleribb next week. yum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to look up Norwegian Juleribb. Sounds delicious.

      Delete
  4. Being the "red person" that I am, I love the red-handled eating utensils. Can you post their source? Before I enter my next life, I am determined to find a fork with tines sharp enough to stab a piece of lettuce and at the same time not destroy my mouth. Red ones would be icing on the cake.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. JudyMac, here's the info on the flatware: Hampton Forge Silversmiths Cila 16-Piece Flatware Set, Red, by Hampton Forge Silversmiths, Price: $20.06. Also, have you seen the Sandra Lee cooking collection at KMart? Red is the signature color.

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the scoop on the red flatware. Maybe I will treat myself to this for my birthday, or better yet, simply because I think I deserve it. :-) I used to zip into a KMart now and then, but unfortunately most of them have gone with the wind in my metropolitan area.

      Delete
  5. I love that red flatware!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum! Did you know I was feeling hungry? It looks delicious.

    I am having a Holiday Home Tour at my blog. Days One, Two and Three are now posted, with more days to follow. I would love for you to come by for a visit.♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really love the snowman globe! Do you have a link or company name that you bought it from?
    Thanks, hope your family is much better now. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The snowman globe was a gift from my mother (she gets me a globe every Christmas). But I found you some links. Happy snow globe hunting!
      http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_1?url=search-alias%3Dgarden&field-keywords=snow%20globes%20snowman&sprefix=snow+globes+s%2Cgarden&rh=i%3Agarden%2Ck%3Asnow%20globes%20snowman

      Delete
  8. dang did my comment get lost from yesterday morning? i oohed and ahhed and was thrilled at seeing lip smacking goodies, am i in spam again? blogger hates me... well know darn well i would never miss a good meal, esepcially when bandy is serving up bbq!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You really can't beat Stouffer's mac and cheese...but how brilliant to add your own crunchy topping! Ribs are my favorite indulgence, and hey, everything's better with bourbon! Very cute thrifty tablescape finds too~
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails