Monday, January 6, 2014

You're Invited to the Mystery Ingredient Club

You're Cordially Invited...
What: The 3rd Mystery Ingredient Club
When: February 6th and 7th
Where: Foodie Friday, Rattlebridge Farm
What is the Mystery Ingredient Club?
Are you a fan of the cooking show Chopped? The participants are given
a basket that's filled with outlandish mystery ingredients, and it's up to the chefs to
create a dish.
That's what you'll do at our MIC.
An ingredient is announced, and /cooks are invited to use their imaginations.
You can read about the guidelines for the premier event HERE.
Additionally, you might want to take a peek at the First Mystery Ingredient Club and the second.
(Note: If you're visiting from Pinterest, be sure to click on the above links, scroll down to the bottom of each post and click on the members' names, and you'll find deliciousness to "pin.")
For the first two events, I reached out to several bloggers and asked if they would participate, then I mailed them the secret ingredient/s. The parties were delightful. Quite a few bloggers suggested that the event be open to anyone who wished to participate; they would purchase the ingredient, use it in a recipe, and present the finished product at the MIC/Foodie Friday Linky Party.

Mary at Home Is Where the Boat Is suggested the ingredient for the 3rd party.
Can you guess what it is?


The mystery ingredient is . . .
Dark Chocolate.
Here are the guidelines for the Mystery Ingredient Club:
1. Purchase any type of dark chocolate in your MIC recipe. Bars, cocoa, or any type
that sparks your imagination.
2. Create a recipe and add it to the linky party on February 7th. You aren't required to
have a backlink.
3. If you are participating, please let me know by leaving a comment.
And that's it! 
Welcome to the Mystery Ingredient Club!


  1. I'll be there! If I can keep Earl out of the mystery ingredient long enough of course:@)

    1. I'll look forward to seeing what you and Mr. Earl come up with!

  2. Hooray!! I'm so glad you opened it up, I love your Mystery Ingredient Club and am so excited to join in!! :)

  3. I'll go back and read 1 and 2 but I sure want to be part of the 3rd Mystery Ingredient party.. wooohooo now this will be fun and a learning experience too, plus I'm sure to find lots of great recipes using dark chocolate, my favorite.

  4. Chocolate! Oh, goodie! Count me in Michael Lee. I've had a terrific time with the first two and wouldn't miss this next one. Thanks for hosting the Mystery Ingredient Club. Looking forward to a delicious party on February 7th.
    Happy New Year to you and the family! ~ Sarah

  5. Of course, dark chocolate is the perfect mystery ingredient for February! I'll be there with as much decadence as I can come up with! Thanks so much, this will be so much fun!

  6. Three Cheers for Dark Chocolate for our Mystery Ingredient! Just in time to get our taste buds prepared for Valentine's Day too, I'm drooling in anticipation! Hope you're tucked away inside warm & cozy :)

  7. You have picked one of my favorite ingredients. I'm looking forward to the 3rd event, ML. Who doesn't love chocolate...and right before Valentine's Day too.

  8. With a mystery ingredient as fabulous as dark chocolate - you know I will be there!

  9. Ooh la la, Michael Lee, I would love to, but I'm going to be on vacation that week. Maybe I could figure out a way to do this.

    1. If you send me a link to your post, I can add it to the FF linkup.

  10. Hi Michael Lee, I am watching Downton Abbey right now, took a little blog break during the 2 hour season episode opener to pop into Foodie Friday! I have been dreaming of dark chocolate everything! Thanks so much for the party and the fun times always had here!

  11. I'll try and get involved Michael Lee. I like mystery ingredient challenges. It coincides with the first week of back to school after summer break for us here in Australia so I might be able to get to it. Any reason to cook with dark chocolate!

    Anne xx

  12. I would love to participate! Sounds like so much fun--and who doesn't love dark chocolate?!