Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Foodie Friday: Valentine's Day

 Few people can resist the allure of chocolate.

 Each bite delivers a beguiling mixture of romance, comfort, elegance, and a touch of the forbidden.

  Chocolate is an all-purpose cure.
It soothes the heart and adds sweetness to a sour afternoon.

 If you need a teeny bit of excitement, chocolate will provide it. 

 If you need the perfect end to an imperfect day, chocolate will not disappoint.

Dense, aromatic, and flavorful,
chocolate is the little black dress of the dessert world, suitable for any occasion,
not just Valentine's Day.

Ask any question, and
Ghiradelli Chocolate is the answer.

You might be looking for Valentine's Day ideas, so Foodie Friday is a little early this week. If you are contributing a recipe today, locate the blue Inlinkz icon in the lower, left-hand portion of this post. Click on the icon and follow the directions. After you complete the process, you will see a red "x" beside your name. This allows you to delete your link if you made an error; the red "x" is visible to you only. If you'd like to share your daily or weekly food photos, join the Pinterest foodie board, Consuming Passions.

** For a complete, UPDATED guide to this linky party, click HERE.

Note: Chocolate for this post was provided by Ghiradelli.


  1. Adorable heart Ghirardelly chocolate hearts and I bet they're delish too! Thank you so much for this great and yummy party...I am soo very hungry for a sweet piece of all I'm seeing here, right now!!! HAPPY VALENTINE'S sweet lady.

  2. I am now sooooo craving chocolate, yum - what pretty pics!

    I have some rather good news I just posted about! ♥

  3. some great pics of my favorite drug! i was thinking about the actor who died with the needle still in his arm last night, i somehow feel that i too could be found with my drug of choice scattered around me when i glanced at the valentines hershey wrappers splayed around me in bed last night. your pics are haunting me now~

    think of you and zap so often, hope the numbers and spirits are still great and that you enjoyed your celebratory dinner. i too am celebrating out west, katies doggie corral arrived today, i am a new woman, I HAVE FREEDOM AGAIN! i will be celebrating in the kitchen all day manana ;-)

    i would like to add one more rule to your new no rules, that all those who sign up for foodie Friday LEAVE A COMMENT TO YOUR HOST!

    1. Zap is still getting a daily bolus of Ringer's, and it seems to be working miracles. Fingers crossed. Hope your corral works!

  4. the chocolates have me swooning and drooling~thanks for the party~

  5. These chocolates are cute, and I know they are delicious because they are Ghiradelli! My brownies last wee were made with Chiradelli chocolate. ;-)
    Hope you and your family have a special Valentine's Day. I had a small dinner party this evening for a group of girlfriends. My in house "chef" made spinach lasagna. He made up his recipe, but I'll try to share in a post. It was delicious with artichoke hearts and mushrooms along with the spinach.
    Happy to read that Zap is holding his own. ~ Sarah

  6. Love your chocolate squares. I'm not much of a dessert eater, but chocolate is my downfall if there is such a thing in desserts :) I hope you have a very happy Valentine's day and thanks for hosting each week.

  7. Chocolate is a miracle cure! I and the other teacher at my grade level keep chocolates handy in our classrooms for when we're having one of those days. It's not uncommon for one of us to slip the other a chocolate at lunch if we can tell it's needed. :) Thanks for hosting and have a great Valentine's Day!

  8. Happy Valentine'sDay, Michael! Hope you all have a lovely weekend!



  9. I went to a meeting yesterday morning and our chair had a box of Ghiradelli Chocolates for each of us at our place setting. She feed us too. Talk about being loved on!! Made not only my day but my girls too!

  10. Mmmm, I do love Ghirardelli chocolate! It's awesome :)
    Thank you for the party and happy Valentine's Day!!

  11. Happy Valentine's Day and have a great weekend!!

  12. All the submittals look so delicious tonight. Thank you for hosting and Happy Valentine's Day to you and your family.

  13. These chocolates are great! Happy Valentine's Day!

  14. Gorgeous photos! Is that a tea towel in the last photo?

  15. Happy Valentines Day! May yours be filled with love, peace and chocolate :-)

  16. I was in a snow stupor with our winter weather and having the hubby home all day, I forgot to link last night! Hope you have a Delicious and Happy Valentine's Day, chocolate is indeed a cure all! Sending well wishes to sweet Zap :)

  17. I do love chocolate, Michael Lee! Thanks for hosting. What great link-ups! Off to visit!

  18. Happy Valentine's Day, Michael. Ghiradelli chocolate is a favorite in our house. As a matter of fact, the hubs is getting the intense dark squares tonight - they're his favorite. Have a great one.

  19. Those look decadent! I love Ghiradellis! I used their chips to dip the heart cakes I made. I posted the doily cookies, you just need a crocheted doily to make them. Cabin fever will do that to you! 12 inches of snow yesterday and more tomorrow. Pass the chocolate, I'll take 6! :). Happy Valentine's to you and doc, and thanks for hosting!