Thursday, March 6, 2014

Foodie Friday -- March 7th

 Spring is finally in the air. I've spent the week baking for St. Patrick's Day,
and so has Bandwidth. He made a Bailey's Irish Cream Bread Pudding that is out of this world.
The flavors are perfectly balanced--not too sweet--and the Bailey's adds a delicate touch of Ireland.
Bailey's Irish Cream Bread Pudding
by Bandwidth
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Spray Pam on the sides and bottom of a 9" x 13" pan.
Into the pan, add 4 cups cubed bread (he used a fresh French baguette).
In a separate bowl, mix:
2 cups white sugar
5 large eggs
1 cup whole milk
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup Bailey's Irish Cream
2 teaspoons cinnamon
2 vanilla pods (split in half and scraped)
Pour mixture over the bread cubes and let it sit for ten minutes.
Make the topping:
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 stick unsalted butter
1 cup white chocolate chips
Mix and sprinkle over the top of the pudding.
Bake 35 minutes.
Serve with a powdered sugar/Bailey's glaze. Or get into a cupcake mode and throw caution to the wind: top the pudding with a huge, decadent poof of mascarpone.
Whipped cream is also a nice touch.

We're Sharing Last Week's Popular Recipes at Foodie Friday:
 (Note: You are entering a "no pin" zone. Please click on the links. Thanks.)

We loved the Irish recipes at Cuisine Kathleen's St. Patrick's Day Food Ideas.
It's like a mini-cookbook--you'll be sure to find a recipe.
 (To "pin," please go to Cuisine Kathleen's St. Patrick's Day Food Ideas.)

Don't miss Cuisine Kathleen's Annual Pub Crawl.
Mark your calendars for March 12th, 
6th Annual St. Patrick’s Day Blog Crawl

Few people could resist this Divine Irish Apple Cake by Mary at Home Is Where the Boat Is.
(To "pin," go to Home Is Where the Boat Is.)
We were charmed by Festive Chocolate Covered Pretzels by Upstate Ramblings.
(To "pin," please go to Upstate Ramblings.)
You'll love this Heartwarming Reuben Sandwich by Pat at Back Porch Musings.
To "pin," go to Back Porch Musings.
If you are contributing a recipe to this week's Foodie Friday, locate the blue Inlinkz icon in the lower, left-hand portion of this post. Click on the icon and follow the directions. After you complete the process, you will see a red "x" beside your name. This allows you to delete your link if you made an error; the red "x" is visible to you only.
You can read a complete guide to this linky party HERE.  It's pretty simple. You don't need to "like" our Facebook page or be a follower of this blog to participate. Nor do you need to include a backlink or Foodie Friday button in your post. Add as many recipes as you wish.
Pretty please do not pin images from the FF thumbnails. Visit the source blogs. Thanks.
If you'd like to share your food photos--or photos of other FF participants on Pinterest, join the Pinterest foodie board, Consuming Passions. Leave a message on the most recent "pin" if you'd like your name added to the list.
Every Friday, we are joined at this big, virtual table--thank you for stopping by today. I'm grateful to all of you who spend your days cooking. I'm grateful to old and new friends who contribute recipes every week. I'm grateful to friends who leave a comment. I'm grateful for the silent folks, because you are brought here by your love of all things culinary. We are food people. And that's a marvelous thing. 
Until next time,


Pin It


  1. My compliments to Badwith on that scrumptious looking bread pudding! Katleen's recipes also look wonderful. I hope to join her for that event.

    Thank you for hosting, Michael. I included a wonderful recipe for Grilled Beef Tenderloin at the end of the post. Everyone asks "Lady Mary" for this recipe. Hope Bandy might try it when the weather warms up for grilling.



    1. He will LOVE the recipe! Thanks, Sheila!

  2. Looks like everyone's getting into the St. Pat's party mode Michael-I love it! Have a great weekend:@)

  3. Hope you are having a wonderful week on the farm and thanks so much for the party!
    Miz Helen

  4. Thank you so much for hosting. I see several recipes that should be on my menu. I think it is so great that your son cooks.

  5. Thank you so much for the great food party dear Michael Lee! I love the features. I will check that awesome bread pudding for St. Pat's. I'm posting a fabulous and unique Sponge Cake.

  6. Thanks for hosting, Michael Lee! Love the St. Patricks day goodies!

  7. Bandy's bread pudding looks simply decadent, Michael Lee! Thank you for hosting your wonderful party xo

  8. Bandy's bread pudding looks out of this world and probably the best looking bread pudding I've ever seen. Happy Saint Patrick's day. So glad to hear that Zap is doing well. Big hugs to him.

  9. Bandwidth's Bread Pudding is inspired, Michael! What a wonderful idea to add the Bailey's Irish Cream. I'll definitely be trying this :-) I've shared a Coffee and Almond Cake today. Thank you for hosting :-)

  10. Love bread pudding, never thought to use Bailey's. This may be my St Patrick's day thing. Ireland is one of my fav places to visit x

  11. Your bread pudding has me swooning and drooling~ Thanks for the foodie party,

  12. That's a beautiful bread pudding, for sure! I've brought some Walnut Muffins today, along with a Gluten-Free Menu Plan for the Week. I hope you're having a lovely weekend --

  13. Kudos to Bandwidth! Will need to try this recipe. We love both bread pudding and Bailey's Cream.

    1. Bandy says to tell you that it's great without a topping, too. :-)

  14. This bread pudding looks terrific. I can almost smell the wonderful aroma of the cinnamon :)
    Thank you for the party and have a great weekend

  15. Oh had me at bread pudding and then it's kissed with Bailey's Irish Cream! Thanks so much for sharing my Irish Apple Cake this week :)

  16. Ahhh it's a great day for a party! Thanks for hosting, Michael Lee :-)
    Blessed be,

  17. So happy to join you! Thanks so much for hosting! I hope I remember to link up on Fridays. Great recipes! Yours looks amazing.
    Blessings My Friend,

  18. What great recipes to choose from. We will be linking every Friday. Happy Weekend.

  19. Happy Friday. What wonderful recipes. We will be linking up every Friday.

  20. That's a good looking bread pudding! Love how you decorated it- charming! Putting it on my recipe list!

  21. Such fun St. Patrick's Day recipes! Thanks for hosting another great party!
    Amber @

  22. So many wonderful ideas.

    - Alma, The Tablescaper

  23. The bread pudding looks delicious! Thanks for hosting!

  24. Dear Michael Lee, Your bread pudding looks magnificent! I will have to give this a try...I know the family would love it. Thank you for hosting. Please feel free to share this with my linkup, Foodie Friends Friday. Many blessings to you, Catherine

  25. Great round-up of food. Thank you for hosting!

  26. Made that Bread Pudding this afternoon Awesome didn't have white chocolate chip so improvised with Hershey caramel kisses out standing

    1. Glad you enjoyed it! I can't wait to tell Bandwidth.

  27. Hi ML!
    Thanks so much for the shout out, I am honored! It's a great bday gift today, much better than the case of Shingles I am dealing with, ouchie!
    The bread pudding looks wonderful! Thanks so much for graciously hosting every week! Hoping ypur health is good!

  28. Hi Michael! Thank so much for hosting! This is my first week and love all the great recipes shared here!

    Laura O

  29. Happy soon to be St. Patty's Day. the bread pudding ooks divine. Thanks for sharing it with us.


  30. Oh my that looks way too good! Is there a substitute for "scraping vanilla pods" ? :-)

    1. I should have added "split and scraped." Vanilla extract would work, too.

  31. I had to stop in and see what you were having for St. Patrick's Day as I know you are Irish too. This looks delicious! I love bread pudding and love the Irish twist. Thanks so much for stopping by. Things are good - just a little more busy with two grandsons now :)

  32. We are serious bread pudding lovers at our house, Michael. This dessert looks amazing!! Our favorite restaurant here in town usually has some type of bread pudding on the menu, and I think they would be proud to serve this one. Thanks so much for sharing!

    Happy St. Pat's Day to you!


  33. Thanks so much or your wonderful links to the blog crawl! I so appreciate you taking part. Have a grand SPD!