Thursday, April 10, 2014

Down the Rabbit Hole

 When Beatrix Potter created Peter and the other rabbits, I wonder if she had an inkling that her characters would be synonymous with Easter decorating. 
If she could peek into a Home Goods, I think she'd be pleased to see bunny tureens, napkins, plates, tablecloths, figurines--and faux chocolate rabbits.  

 Me, I have my share of rabbit stuff. 
There's just something about a bunny that says, 
"Spring is on the way." They're instant smile-makers for children of all ages.

I'm joining the Novel Bakers for Beatrix Potter Easter Week. Visit Jain (...a quiet life) and  Mary (Home Is Where the Boat Is) for some of the prettiest vignettes I've ever seen, along with festive springtime recipes. You can also find links on the Beatrix Potter Week board at Pinterest.

(Note: The Foodie Friday link will be available right here at 7 PM, Thursday April 10th.)

Thanks for visiting!

Rabbit salad plates -- Williams Sonoma
White dinner plate -- American Atelier "Bianca"
Yellow daffodil bowl/plate -- Horchow (several years ago)
Depression glass
Flatware: Pottery Barn

Tablescape Thursday contribution.
A Seasonal Sundays Contribution
An Inspire Me Tuesday Contribution
A Let's Dish Contribution
Wow Us Wednesday


  1. As always, you have a beautiful post here! It’s already spring and I feel the summer heat of a day! I love the rabbit plate here Michael, and you have a beautiful name by the way. Classy arrangement!

    Sebastian Chuter

  2. Such a sweet spring table and I love your depression glass!

  3. Love your bunny plates..
    Love, Mona

  4. What a cheery table! I love the yellow, so perfect for Spring!

  5. You are so creative Michael. Lovely setting and the cookies are adorable.

  6. Such a beautiful table. Those plates are surely swoon worthy and the yellow so beautiful for Spring and so pretty against the white background. Joni

  7. I'm eager to fall down the rabbit hole and get caught up in the bunny escapades with you & Jain this week! I adore your table with those darling plates and egg cups, curling ribbon, shaved carrots & sweet cookies! The butter yellow of your bunny plates are perfect for spring or Easter! Thanks for the beauty and the bunny fun :)

  8. my internet is giving me fits, i had to refresh so many times to watch all the pics unfold... but its worth it! i LOVE your styling; minimal, stark, fresh, brilliant. i adore your yellow... when i was 15 i was collecting dishes to move out, my first apartment was all yellow and white, my first car was a yellow beetle. your dishes make me feel youthful. fresh. alive.

    your bunnies feel like a walk in the fresh air to me, i am captivated... the golden carrots, its all perfection. all i could think was you are the tired cook, did you have time to peel your carrots so perfect ;-)

    the ribbon, the cookies... its all perfect, just the kind of rabbit hole we all need to stumble on, stand back and enjoy the perfect moments in time~

  9. Beautiful the bunny plates and the spring yellow!

  10. Wonderful bunny tablescape! Your bunny plates create a terrific theme of spring. I love the tiny carrots in the the bowl as a tasty trest. Hope you will pop over to my post for it has my Beatirx Potter collection in a tablescape!


  11. Heather C, you are bringing spring to life in a way that would please Mother Nature and thanks for the Beatrix Potter tie in, I'm loving all the background on her, thanks

  12. Michael, this is so pretty! I love your sweet bunny plates. You've made me want to watch the movie, Miss Potter again. :)

  13. gasp, your yellow rimmed bunny plates are gorgeous!! I just love everything bunny and carrots, and you're right bunnies sing Spring! Your table is totally dreamy, and Beatrix Potter is an instant trip to a magical land! Such a special Easter treat from the Novel Bakers this week~

  14. So sweet, so beautiful!! I love those WS bunny plates. Who knew carrots could look so beautiful!! Only with your artistic touch!

  15. The WS plates are adorable. Seems they offer something special every year. Your perfectly shaped carrots made me smile. I had to show them to my chef. '-) I'm off to pin some inspiration……….Sarah

  16. Love it all! Your carrots are the perfect touch!

  17. Love all of your bunnies, but those plates are the best! Beautiful!

  18. Love all of your bunnies, but those plates are the best. Beautiful!

  19. Such an amazing table! Thanks for being a part of Seasonal Sundays.

    - Alma, The Tablescaper

  20. What a delight for the eyes! I enjoyed every picture- love how you prepared the carrots! I agree with your thinking about Beatrix Potter- I'm sure she would be delighted! You've inspired me with some ideas for a table I'll be setting at my mother's home! Have a blessed Easter!

  21. Thanks for sharing this wonderful post, It is awesome.