Thursday, April 10, 2014

Foodie Friday -- April 11th

Welcome to Foodie Friday, where great cooks gather each week to share recipes.
I've been playing with the Novel Bakers. You can see what we've been up to at Pinterest.
Today was a double feature, starting with a trip down a rabbit hole.

For Foodie Friday, I'm sharing a super easy dessert idea.



All you need is a store-bought cake, Cool Whip buttercream icing, and miniature candy eggs.
Place a child's juice glass in the center "hole" of the cake, then add water and flowers.
That's it.


Last week, the most popular recipe at Foodie Friday was Miz Helen's Seafood Casserole.
Doesn't it look delicious?

You'll love her tip about easy macaroons.


Another popular recipe was Winnie's Chocolate Mousse Cake on a Hazelnut Crust. I can just imagine my fork sinking through those luscious layers. And it's gluten free!

Note: You are cordially invited to join the Novel Bakers for Beatrix Potter Easter Week. It kicked off Monday, April 7th at Rattlebridge, Home Is Where the Boat Is and ...a quiet life. Jain and Mary's recipes and ideas will inspire you to create a fabulous Easter dinner or get-together. If you are familiar with their gorgeous blogs, you know what I'm talking about. If you haven't met the girls, hop on over for a visit.
You'll find a comprehensive collection of photos and links on the Beatrix Potter Week board at Pinterest.
 
The Novel Bakers will continue to post Easter recipes all weekend.
. . .
Are you contributing a recipe to this week's Foodie Friday? If so, locate the blue Inlinkz icon in the lower, left-hand portion of this post. Click on the icon and follow the directions. After you complete the process, you will see a red "x" beside your name. This allows you to delete your link if you made an error; the red "x" is visible to you only.
You can read a complete guide to this linky party HERE.  It's pretty simple. You don't need to "like" our Facebook page or be a follower of this blog to participate. Nor do you need to include a backlink or Foodie Friday button in your post. Add as many recipes as you wish, old or new.
If you love food, we love you.
Pretty please do not pin images from the FF thumbnails. Visit the source blogs.
   
If you'd like to share your food photos--or photos of other FF participants on Pinterest, join the Pinterest foodie board, Consuming Passions. Leave a message on the most recent "pin" if you'd like your name added to the list.
Every Friday, we are joined at this big, virtual table--thank you for stopping by today. I'm grateful to all of you who spend your days cooking. I'm grateful to old and new friends who contribute recipes every week. I'm grateful to friends who leave a comment. I'm grateful for the silent folks, because you are brought here by your love of all things culinary. We are food people. And that's a marvelous thing. 

Until next time,


I'm participating in Metamorphosis Monday

Thanks for visiting!
Have a great weekend.




26 comments:

  1. Your cake is genius! I love the flowers in the middle. It provides such a fresh look to a cake. You have the best quick and elegant ideas. Joni

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many thanks for hosting your fun foodie link up each week, Michael Lee. Hope you have a happy Friday and a great weekend.

    Best wishes,
    Natasha in Oz

    ReplyDelete
  3. You always share the prettiest adorned cakes, Michael Lee. Thanks for hosting and happy Foodie Friday. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your cake, Michael Lee! Thanks for the party and have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful cake, Michael Lee! Love it!
    Thank you for another great Foodie Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your bunny cookies. Thank you for hosting.

    Madonna

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like your idea of fancying up a store bought cake. Thanks for featuring me !

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Michael Lee,
    What a delightful surprise, thank you so much for featuring my Seafood Casserole, I am truly honored! I love the color in your Easter Cake, what a beautiful post. Hope you have a very special week and thanks so much for hosting the party. Please give those little puppies a hug!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your flower topped cakes are your signature MLee, and how brilliant to put a vase in the hole! I love the bright yellow and blue eggs tempting Peter! Thanks so much for hosting~
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for the party and I love your quick and easy cake!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. omg there is more CUTENESS!!! i love love love your shots... who am i kidding, its all about the CAKE! what a darling makeover, i love blue and yellow but never dreamed of making that perfect cake! the picket fence is just made for those rascally rabbits. oh this just gets better and better, i wish every day was beatrix day, its guaranteed to put a smile on anyone's face!

    dang where are my keys, i am craving chocolate eggs draped around cake...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Darling idea to put a vase of flowers in the hole of a tube cake. You've no idea how much fun I'm having following along with the Novel Bakers' Beatrix Potter Week. So much inspiration from each of you! I'm adding lots of ideas to my own Peter Rabbit Board. Thanks for sharing all this creative fun!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your cake is gorgeous !! Look fantastic :)

    I'm honored that you featured my Chocolate Mousse Cake on Hazelnut Crust
    Thank you ! ❤ ❤
    Enjoy the weekend and thanks for hosting another party

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is an absolutely gorgeous cake! Thank you very much for the party!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wishing you a nice spring weekend Michael! It should be a beauty here in Philly:@)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Everything looks so gorgeous. Peter Rabbit with his wheelbarrow eggs in the first photo caught my eye. He is precious. Thanks for hosting and I hope you have a lovely weekend.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my I love the flowers added to the center of the cake! What a brilliant idea! The frosting sounds really good! Cute cake- I think even I could accomplish that :-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. That cake is so cute!!! I can't wait till school gets out and I can do some fun cooking!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I Love your tablescape and cake (Beatrix Potter really glams up Easter. so simple and lovely:) Thanks for the party this week. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks so much for hosting Michael Lee! Love the styling of you photos!!! Now off to get some good recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh my what a truly captivating cake!

    ReplyDelete
  22. You novel bakers have done a great job inspiring the rest of us to be more creative.

    ReplyDelete
  23. That is a super great idea for a beautiful cake! Thanks for hosting!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thanks so much for hosting. Have yourself a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  25. That's a darling idea for an Easter cake! I wish you the best for this Easter season :-)

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love yellow and blue combinations, AND I also love tulips....so I obviously LOVE the beautiful cake!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails