Thursday, April 24, 2014

Foodie Friday--April 25th

If you've followed my kitchen adventures, then you know about my saga with the clock.
Oh, what was the problem? 
Some people liked it, some were neutral, and others shared my opinion.
Nice clock. Wrong kitchen.
It was time to take a breath.

My carpenter made a prototype out of leftover wood, and when he propped it on the hood,
the kitchen had a completely different vibe. It was calmer with cleaner lines.

It's tall. But a small amount of trim on the hood will break up the long expanse. 
(I'm looking at you, Will. Small, honeybunch. That is all.)
After much thought, I'm painting the wood BM's Simply White.


Hand's down, my favorite part of the kitchen is the view.


Featured Recipes from Last Week's Foodie Friday.

(Note: Pinning has been disabled on the following photos; please click on the links to visit the featured blogs. Thanks!)

Sea Salted Rosemary Focaccia by I Thee Cook is one of those recipes that you will
hand down to your children, nieces, and grandchildren.
Focaccia doesn't get any better than this.


Balsamic Chicken Pizza  by The Scent of Oranges is fresh and tangy,
perfect for Spring meals and picnics.


A free, printable meal planner from Crystal and Co caught our eye.
What a great way for a busy household to plan meals.


Maple Bacon Fudge  by Meg Made pushed all of my culinary buttons.
As many of you know, I think that bacon should be a food group, so it's little wonder
that I went gaga over the recipe. If you love bacon, you will love this fudge, too.




Are you contributing a recipe to this week's Foodie Friday?
 If so, locate the blue Inlinkz icon in the lower, left-hand portion of this post. Click on the icon and follow the directions. After you complete the process, you will see a red "x" beside your name. This allows you to delete your link if you made an error; the red "x" is visible to you only.
You can read a complete guide to this linky party HERE.  It's pretty simple: there are NO RULES. You don't need to "like" our Facebook page or be a follower of this blog to participate. Nor do you need to include a backlink or Foodie Friday button in your post. Add as many recipes as you wish, old or new. If you love food, we love you.

If you'd like to share your food photos--or photos of other FF participants on Pinterest, join the Pinterest foodie board, Consuming Passions. Leave a message on the most recent "pin" if you'd like your name added to the list.

Every Friday, we are joined at this big, virtual table--thank you for stopping by today. I'm grateful to all of you who spend your days cooking. I'm grateful to old and new friends who contribute recipes every week. I'm grateful to friends who leave a comment. I'm grateful for the silent folks, because you are brought here by your love of all things culinary.

We are food people. And that's a marvelous thing.

28 comments:

  1. Your kitchen is stunning from any angle! And, yes, I could happily live on rosemary and sea salt focaccia bread alone~
    Thank you for all this lovely food,
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jenna. I love focaccia, too.

      Delete
  2. LOVE, Love, love how your kitchen is coming along! Your window and ceiling treatment...SWOON! My 1984 kitchen with its 8 foot ceiling feels like a cave...*sigh*... I'm glad I have a view :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am a fan of your kitchen and the Focaccia. I would vote for the cleaner line without the clock, it is beautiful. Thanks for the party and have a great weekend!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Miz Helen. Hope your weekend is wonderful.

      Delete
  4. Your kitchen is simply splendid. I love the clock, you've found the perfect white and the view, ah the view, it is spectacular. Everything is coming together now and you must be pleased with the results. I certainly would be. Pat yourself on the back for a job well done.

    Thanks for hosting.I would be munching on that fabulous focaccia all weekend long.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I won't be able to rest until I make focaccia. Thanks for coming to the party!

      Delete
  5. Your kitchen is beautiful---as is the view. Thanks for the party. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So happy you're here. Enjoy your weekend!

      Delete
  6. Your kitchen is absolutely gorgeous!
    -Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're so right, Michael Lee, the view is THE BEST! I love the kitchen without the clock and your bar stools are wonderful. Thanks for hosting and all the great features. I hope all will be well with you. xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my, my, now that is a Kitchen! Beautiful! Love that window, so pretty!
    Thanks for hosting, ML!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful kitchen, Michael Lee! Thanks for hosting and have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love it!! ...and I totally pinned your stunning kitchen window. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I thought your kitchen was lovely before, but with each new thing you do it becomes fabulous. I agree, the best feature is your window with the view.

    Thank you for hosting. I do appreciate you.

    Madonna
    MakeMineLemon

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for another party Michael! Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks so much for the party, Michael! I love seeing your kitchen, it's just gorgeous. I wish you a great weekend!

    Melissa @ The Alchemist

    ReplyDelete
  14. I hate that I've missesd some of the final preps for the kitchen, but school has been so crazy lately!! 20 more days!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your kitchen is over the top amazing, Michael Lee! I adore every single aspect of it. Cooking in your new kitchen will be almost a divine thing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you for the feature Michael. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your new changes are so wonderful. I agree with you about the view! Love the lights too. I love the spotlighted posts from the week before. So much good food, so little time! Joni

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your blog makes me happy! I never miss your party. If you get a chance, I would really appreciate it if you would stop by our newbie party that starts every Tuesday morning. http://loulougirls.blogspot.com/
    Have a great weekend! Lou Lou Girls

    ReplyDelete
  19. MLee - honestly whatever you do in that amazing award-winning dream-of-a-kitchen-and-I-would-give-anything-to-come-to-dinner-when-it-is-complete space is going to be awesome. I sure hope you all aren't too stressed over it. It will be so beautiful- it already is and isn't even done yet!

    I am SO EXCITED - I actually am joining you today. I am an experienced cook and baker - but a true novice foodie blogger - I just never do. I take crappy food pics, have no patience, and all the prettiest things I usually have a large party waiting for it, haha - so just don't do it. But I am very excited and super pleased to join in the fun today.

    Thank you for hosting a true fav blog party - sorry I am late......but wanted you to know that we all REALLY appreciate the forum and recipes and pure inspiration! This party is a must weekly read for sure!! : - ) ~Michele

    ReplyDelete
  20. Spring Blessings to you! A fun treat to stop by your place and see what you're up to and also see all the great recipes by foodie fans.
    ~d

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks for hosting. Hope you are having a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi, Your kitchen is coming along nicely! I like the range hood. Thank you for hosting!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  23. love seeing your kitchen, its feels like its should be mine :-)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails