Thursday, April 17, 2014

Foodie Friday: Easter Round Up


Everywhere I look, I see flowers. Pansies, daffodils, forsythia. It's spring in Tennessee, a time of renewal and remembrance, a time for planting and dreaming and baking.
 I made a bunny cake yesterday, but when I inverted the pan, crumbs went everywhere. Bandwidth kindly brought home a carrot cake from the Publix bakery, along with some chocolate carrots.

 

Have you planned your Easter menu?
If you're like me, you're always looking for new dishes that will please guests. Settle back with a cup of coffee, a plate, and a fork. We're going to sample the most-viewed recipes from the last three link-ups.

Forks ready?
Let's go....

The Simple Sweet Life  is an artist. Just look at these gorgeous Spring Daffodil Cupcakes.



Palatable Pastime created a Hawaiian Brown Sugar Glazed Ham that will take center stage on your holiday table.



...
Mary at Home Is Where the Boat Is created festive, mouth-watering ideas for Easter celebrations,
starting with Veggie Medley Deviled Eggs.


Little wheelbarrows are filled with Peter Rabbit's Carrot-Zucchini Muffins. Love
the wheelbarrow in the background, too!

....

Oopsy-daisy. It's the season for bunnies that land face-first into a recipe. Will Cook for Smiles  made Bunny Butt Almond Joy Cheese Ball,
an instant smile-maker, perfect for the buffet table.

...

Don't miss Butteryum's  Jell-O Easter Eggs. They are adorable, colorful, and perfect for an Easter gathering.


...
A Spoonful of Thyme  brought together two favorite flavors with Lemon Strawberry Loaf.

...

Happier Than a Pig in Mud  prepared a Carrot Cake Roll with Cream Cheese Filling. Can you just imagine your fork sinking through these sweet, carrot-flecked layers?

...

Red Couch Recipes  made Meringue Baskets with Sorbet, an inventive, flavor-filled dessert.


...
Wives with Knives  has knocked it out of the ballpark with Coconut Almond Bunny Bites.

...
The Charm of Home  baked Ina's Lemon Pound Cake, a melt-in-your-mouth dessert that includes edible flowers.

...

Stone Gable has created Easy Puff Pastry Pizza, which is loaded with healthy veggies and could be an appetizer, entree, side-dish, or comfort food.



Looking for more Easter ideas?
Check out the Novel Bakers' Beatrix Potter Week on Pinterest.

Are you contributing a recipe to this week's Foodie Friday?
 If so, locate the blue Inlinkz icon in the lower, left-hand portion of this post. Click on the icon and follow the directions. After you complete the process, you will see a red "x" beside your name. This allows you to delete your link if you made an error; the red "x" is visible to you only.

You can read a complete guide to this linky party HERE.  It's pretty simple: there are NO RULES. You don't need to "like" our Facebook page or be a follower of this blog to participate. Nor do you need to include a backlink or Foodie Friday button in your post. Add as many recipes as you wish, old or new. If you love food, we love you.
 
   
If you'd like to share your food photos--or photos of other FF participants on Pinterest, join the Pinterest foodie board, Consuming Passions. Leave a message on the most recent "pin" if you'd like your name added to the list.

Every Friday, we are joined at this big, virtual table--thank you for stopping by today. I'm grateful to all of you who spend your days cooking. I'm grateful to old and new friends who contribute recipes every week. I'm grateful to friends who leave a comment. I'm grateful for the silent folks, because you are brought here by your love of all things culinary. 
We are food people. And that's a marvelous thing. 




Foodie Friday Link-Up

26 comments:

  1. Thanks for the party!
    Beautiful features.
    We are celebrating Passover now, and I wish you and your family a great Easter :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the party! Loved looking at your lovely Easter features this week. Hope you have a wonderful Easter weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great features. I would love to dive into that cheese ball. Thanks so much for hosting and I hope you have a lovely Easter weekend.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  4. How nice of Bandwidth to save the day! You've shared some lovely Easter features, Michael Lee. Thanks for hosting and Happy Easter blessings to you. xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. If anyone understands about "crumbs everywhere" it's me! Have a great Easter Michael:@)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi and Happy Easter, Mlee!

    WELL I was "trying" to avoid Foodie Friday this time - knew it would be extraordinary, b/c I am on a 100 or less carbs and NO sugar or breads diet now for one month tomorrow and it is KILLING ME!

    This year we're doing something different in my family and having brunch instead of a 2pm big holiday dinner - so it's been weird for me planning it, but I am excited.

    Don't have it totally mapped out yet, but that's what tomorrow is for, haha.

    Your son is a good egg - haha - for coming through for you. Give him the biggest piece! : - )

    Have a wonderful weekend. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your Easter Features this week, Michael Lee. Have a wonderful Easter and thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. MLee, If I had access to a Publix bakery, I'd never attempt to make a cake again! They've just arrived in NC, we should have one near us next year. Love the addition of your Lindt Chocolate Carrots around your cake! Thanks so much for sharing my Peter Rabbit Muffins & Deviled Eggs! Wishing you and all God's creatures at Rattlebridge Farm a Happy Easter :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Easter....what great sharing!! I am happy to be in the round-up, Thank you, readers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. There is a lot of beautiful food here today! Thanks for featuring my pound cake. It is a honor with the lovely features you have highlighted. Have a Happy Easter! Thanks for hosting!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just love coming here every Friday for your wonderful party. Wishing you and your family (including the Yorkie 's), a blessed Easter.
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  12. you crack me up, i made a cake...bandy brought this home, TA*DA! again, i love your photos, so nice to see the rabbit still is sharing the week with us, i will be sad to see them all hop home next week... your dressing up with carrots looks wonderful~

    your round up looks wonderful, always love seeing you and mary's pics again and there are some other mighty tasty additions! if i miss you, happy easter, time is flying by and really should be unplugging and getting back to my JOB of reading!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great looking cake! Love the addition of the chocolate carrots. The featured recipes all look like winners. thanks for featuring mine. Have a wonderful Easter! Joni

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, what a cake! My efforts at making something so beautiful don't always turn out so well. Love partying with you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My cake fell apart, so my son came to the rescue and bought one at the grocery. I'm eating a slice for breakfast!

      Delete
  15. I'm sitting here wishing for a slice of that carrot cake this evening. Cute idea to add the chocolate carrots.
    Thanks for sharing all this inspiration! Happy Ester to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Everything here is just gorgeous! Thank you for hosting and visiting our links!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm sure your cake was delicious, even if it was crumbs. You've shared some lovely Easter features, Michael Lee. Thanks for hosting and Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  18. My apologies for the non-food post this week, but I just haven't had time to create. The pond, a stolen laptop, food poisoning and a copyright mess have kept me way too far from the kitchen. UGGGH I want an April Do-Over lol
    Have a blessed Easter, Michael Lee :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No worry, Michael. There are no rules at Foodie Friday. All posts are welcome. Sorry you had a bad week!

      Delete
  19. Great selection of dessert ideas... Have a wonderful Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a great Easter round up! I just love your carrot cake, sorry yours didn't work out, but Publix to the rescue! It looks adorable with the chocolate carrots around~ Happy Easter to you and yours~
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks for hosting! I’ve shared my cooked mayonnaise recipe that easy and free of most allergens. I also shared my sweet and health breakfast treat—Sweet Potato French Toast Custard. It’s great for kids that don’t like eggs.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh my, so many wonderful ideas here for Easter dinner. Thank you for featuring my Bunny Bites, ML. I hope you and your family enjoy and blessed and very Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks for hosting a great party!! Such delicious ideas to try!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails