Thursday, July 10, 2014

Foodie Friday -- July 11th

Welcome to the July 11th Foodie Friday.

What a wild summer it's been!
From appliance malfunctions to migraines ...
from  real estate surprises to reality checks ...
seachanges abound at Rattlebridge. 
Yesterday morning, while two dishwasher drawers emptied water onto my kitchen floor, 
I told myself not to panic. Before the day ended, I'd lost my garbage disposal; my husband found his dream house, but it wasn't the new old house; a huge volunteer pumpkin vine invaded my lavender-and-hydrangea beds; and another part of our ratty fence fell down.

I still didn't panic.
I ate ice cream.
As I drifted to sleep, I was reminded of lines from Shakespeare's The Tempest: "But doth suffer a sea-change/Into something rich and strange."

So I'm bringing you a literal seachange, one of my favorite oldies, a beachy (but not really) tablescape. 






You can find last week's Foodie Friday HERE.

Are you contributing a recipe to this week's Foodie Friday?
 If so, locate the blue Inlinkz icon in the lower, left-hand portion of this post. Click on the icon and follow the directions. After you complete the process, you will see a red "x" beside your name. This allows you to delete your link if you made an error; the red "x" is visible to you only.
You can read a complete guide to this linky party HERE.
If you'd like to share your food photos--or photos of other FF participants on Pinterest, join the Pinterest foodie board, Consuming Passions. Leave a message on the most recent "pin" if you'd like your name added to the list.
Every Friday, we are joined at this big, virtual table--thank you for stopping by today. I'm grateful to all of you who spend your days cooking. I'm grateful to old and new friends who contribute recipes every week. I'm grateful to friends who leave a comment. I'm grateful for the silent folks, because you are brought here by your love of all things culinary.
All participants' photos and links will be pinned to the Pinterest board, Consuming Passions.

Foodie Friday Link-up

Have a restful weekend!

Pin It

Social Bookmarking

24 comments:

  1. Thanks for hosting, Michael -- hope you have a better weekend. Love the quote on the picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eating ice cream and a virtual seaside trip sounds like a perfect coping mechanism to me! Hope the seas are calm and smooth sailing is ahead :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's a good one! Thanks for the good wishes.

      Delete
  3. An escape to the beach always works for me. Mary said it best - I hope your seas are calm and the sailing is smooth ahead. Thanks for hosting and I hope you have a better weekend.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whew, Michael Lee, what a day! I'm glad the ice cream made everything better. Hopefully your weekend will be less eventful. Thanks so much for taking the time to host. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm having more right now. :-) Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  5. Thanks for hosting, Michael Lee! Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the sweet comments, ladies! Hope you enjoy this week's Foodie Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, look at all of this fabulous food! You ladies rock!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A walk on the beach with the mist on my face, and break out the Blue Bell! Enjoy your escape, it looks and sounds beautiful to me, oh and be sure and hug the little dogs!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks ML, yeah, sometimes you just have to eat ice cream...Love the beach scape~gorgeous plates~
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  10. It sounds like you have the right attitude. Thanks for hosting!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  11. I wish I had known ice cream would have helped when my washer and dryer when out at the same time. I thought that the timing was very strange. Thank you for hosting and your sense of humor.

    Madonna
    MakeMineLemon

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ice cream works for me too, so does a glass of wine (or two). I hope things get better! But what is this about his dream home???

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are reslient in your mental escape to the beach...houses can be such a pain, but yours is beautiful. Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey ole friend, I've been away tooo long, rusty blogger, a lot has changed, but FOODIE FRIDAY has always given me such pleasure. Reading/pics/recipes what fun. Thank you Michael Lee!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Michael, Im'm new to Foodie Friday and am so happy to have found your party. Good food, good company what more can we ask for. I'm looking forward to having a look around.

    I hope you have a lovely week.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you! I love stopping by your party each week. Please come and party with us. We would love to have you! HTTP://LOULOUGIRLS.BLOGSPOT.COM/
    Happy Friday! Lou Lou Girls

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh no, sorry about your disposal and dishwashers!! It's been a while since I linked up with Foodie Friday, but I'm excited to be back! There is some serious awesomeness in here today... Thank you, our lovely hostess!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love to join Foodie Friday even if I don't have recipes, but I have food, lol! Wow sweet lady, yes icecream always make sthe difference! Enjoy and have fun this weekend.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  19. Saw your garden on last week's Foodie Friday and it is simply Magnificent! I am otherwise speechless and jealous - just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is my first time here to your site but im so glad I found you! Your settings were beautiful! I use to live near Cape Cod and being in the Mountains now I so miss the beach. You are totally right the beach is a state of mind. Thank you for hosting the party and I will be a regular from now. Nice to meet you:) -Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  21. I needed a little beach time, Michael Lee. Yours is perfection. The view may not be the ocean, but I don't think you could ask for anything prettier.
    Sorry you've been dealing with malfunctions.

    ReplyDelete