Thursday, July 24, 2014

Foodie Friday -- July 25th

 Welcome to Foodie Friday,
where great food is always on the menu.
My grandmother used to say that if two forks are crossed it means
that company is coming. And guess what? You are here, visiting me at today's recipe party.
Glad you made it! Let's eat cake.

The recipes at Foodie Friday are akin to reading a weekly cookbook. You'll find the best recipes and cooks, not to mention the nicest bloggers in the world. It takes tremendous work to prepare food-oriented blog posts. In fact, it's harder than just about any type of blogging.
Let's cut huge slices of cake for everyone who cooks and plays with us each week. I am grateful for all that you do and for the amazing recipes that you contribute to FF.

While we're eating cake, let's take a look at last week's most-viewed recipes:

#1 -- 10 Easy Slow Cooker Recipes for Summer by Homemade Interest. If you
missed these winning recipes, you'll want to hop right over to Kat and Melinda's blog.
This is on my list:: Peach BBQ Pork Sliders and Apple Cole Slaw.
Doesn't it look sublime and summery?



#2 --  Living with Thanksgiving's appetizer collection is another keeper. Bonnie has put together recipes and ideas that you will use year-round. 




#3 -- The Painted Apron's Stuffed Bread Bowl Dip looks mouth-watering.

You'll also get to visit with Miss Firecracker!


Did you miss the recipes at last week's Foodie Friday? Visit your favorite cooks HERE.

Are you contributing a recipe to this week's Foodie Friday?
 If so, locate the blue Inlinkz icon in the lower, left-hand portion of this post. Click on the icon and follow the directions. After you complete the process, you will see a red "x" beside your name. This allows you to delete your link if you made an error; the red "x" is visible to you only.

You can read a complete guide to this linky party HERE.

If you'd like to share your food photos--or photos of other FF participants on Pinterest, join the Pinterest foodie board, Consuming Passions. Leave a message on the most recent "pin" if you'd like your name added to the list.

Every Friday, we are joined at this big, virtual table--thank you for stopping by today. I'm grateful to all of you who spend your days cooking. I'm grateful to old and new friends who contribute recipes every week. I'm grateful to friends who leave a comment. I'm grateful for the silent folks, because you are brought here by your love of all things culinary.
Participants' photos will be pinned to Foodie Friday's Pinterest board if links are added by between Thursday, July 24th and Sunday, July 26th. Have fun pinning from the source blogs. You can see photos from previous parties at Consuming Passions.
The Foodie Friday Link-up

Have a great weekend.


17 comments:

  1. Thanks for featuring our slow cooker recipes. I agree those peach bbq sliders look amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, a big slice of cake for me please Michael:@) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm always ready for cake, especially if it's served with flowers! Loved Bonnie's cheese courses and Jenna's Little Miss Firecracker :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that stuffed bread dip looks amazing and the cutie is simply adorable! Thank you sweet and kind Michael for hosting this great food party. Now I'm gonna cruise your guest now!
    Have a great weekend ahead.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  5. You really have a flair for making cakes look so spectacular. Thank you, I would love a slice. Thanks for hosting and I hope you have a lovely weekend.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the features! Thanks for hosting and have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. ha! I just about swallowed my gum, [ok, choked on my wine] when I saw little Miss Firecracker! You are too sweet Michael Lee, and I appreciate this foodie party so much! I almost didn't even post the bread bowl because it is such and old recipe and the photos weren't great, but it is comfort at it's best~ Thanks for all the effort you put in so we can always have a delicious week! No one can top a cake with flowers like you do, I consider it your signature touch!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  8. My Sunflowers are blooming and they are so pretty, I just love the Sunflowers on your cake! Hope you have a great weekend and thanks so much for the party with awesome features!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for the big slice of cake, it was delish, and thank you for hosting. Hope your weekend is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for hosting and your cake is lovely and so summer like!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you so much for hosting.

    Madonna
    MakeMineLemon

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'd love a big slice of that delectable looking cake, Michael Lee! Thank you for hosting and sharing your party with us. xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Little Miss Firecracker is too cute for words! Thanks for hosting each week, ML. The cake looks delicious! Wish I had a slice right now! ;-)
    Happy Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your cake is gorgeous...
    and I agree that a food related post is hard work. Taking good food photos is harder than most anything else, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I like your grandmothers saying about company. I wonder where that comes from? Well, thank you for the party and I love your cake.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I can just taste a bite of your scrumptious and beautifully decorated cake! Thanks for the party every Friday.

    I was thrilled that you featured my cheese appetizers, Michael Lee. Thanks. Neat surprise.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your cake is beautiful! I love using flowers and making cakes looks so pretty! Thanks for hosting!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete