Thursday, September 18, 2014

Foodie Friday -- September 19

Welcome to the September 19th Foodie Friday, where great food is always on the menu!
Zap continues to improve and is enjoying trips to Home Depot!

I'm visiting with my 86 1/2 year old mother this week, and we've been cooking up a storm.
We've also talked about kitchen storage. Here are a few dream pantries that we found.
Which one do you like best?

 Pantry 1

Pantry 2
Traditional Kitchen by Austin Interior Designers & Decorators Van Wicklen Design

Are you contributing a recipe to this week's Foodie Friday?

 If so, locate the blue Inlinkz icon in the lower, left-hand portion of this post. Click on the icon and follow the directions. After you complete the process, you will see a red "x" beside your name. This allows you to delete your link if you made an error; the red "x" is visible to you only.

You can read a complete guide to this linky party HERE.

If you'd like to share your food photos--or photos of other FF participants on Pinterest, join the Pinterest foodie board, Consuming Passions. Leave a message on the most recent "pin" if you'd like your name added to the list.

Every Friday, we are joined at this big, virtual table--thank you for stopping by today. I'm grateful to all of you who spend your days cooking. I'm grateful to old and new friends who contribute recipes every week. I'm grateful to friends who leave a comment. I'm grateful for the silent folks, because you are brought here by your love of all things culinary.

The Foodie Friday Link-Up--a tradition since 2009

Enjoy your weekend!


  1. Glad to hear Zap is doing well. Enjoy your visit with your Mom and thanks so much for the party!
    Miz Helen

  2. So glad Zap is doing better! Thanks for hosting and have a wonderful weekend!

  3. I hope someone can help you choose a pantry because I love them all and am of no help! Enjoy your visit with mom, and so glad Zap is doing better. xo

  4. So glad to hear Zap is out and about and socializing at Home Depot. We all need more kitchen storage that's for sure. I like 1 and 4 the best. Thanks for hosting and I hope you have a lovely weekend. I can feel fall in the air.

  5. Those really are dream pantries! It's great to hear Zap is better, and thanks so much for hosting!

  6. Beautiful pantries! Thanks for hosting!

  7. It is wonderful you can visit with your mom, you are very blessed, I'm loving pantry #4...thanks for hosting Fabulous Foodie Friday.

  8. You had me at pantry ML, my dream is a butler's pantry, and I like #4...that is so awesome that you had fun time with your mom and Zap is so much better! I know your heart is singing~

  9. I hate my pantry - it's at weird angels. Coincidentally I hired my youngest to come clean it and organize it tomorrow morning. May - just maybe I would share pics of it then - but hope no one holds his/her's just meh.

    Thanks for hosting, I actually joined in the fun this time, whoo hoo.

    Have a wonderful weekend. Hugs.

  10. I'm so glad Zap is doing better! I would take any of those pantries over the paltry pantry that I have!

  11. Our mother's are the same age and she can still cook up a storm too. I would take any of those pantries. My mom has a large one in her house but it's in the basement along with a wine cellar.. but she doesn't like walking up and down the steps any more. It is probably good exercise. Well, enjoy your time with your mom and thanks for the party.

  12. Crushing on #4. It's stunning. Glad Zap is doing well. Thanks for hosting.

  13. Thanks for all of your sweet comments! We're enjoying this beautiful autumn day! Hope you are, too.

  14. Thanks for hosting each week! How great that you get to spend time with your Mom.

  15. So glad your little friend is doing better! Thank you for hosting, it's a great group every week.

    PS - I think I'll pick #5 - how fun!

  16. Hello cute lady! I love stopping by your party each week. I hope you get a chance to swing by and party with us. We would love to have you!
    Happy Friday! Lou Lou Girls

  17. They are all gorgeous, but all way too neat! No matter the size, mine would never look that way. I bring bags of food to Mass each week so I can make more room in the pantry for dishes! I thought it was a good size when we built this house, but now I realize I should have made it bigger! I have a big pantry closet in the basement too, but it is more convenient to have right next to the kitchen. Stairs and 60 y o legs don't mix!
    Wonderful your mom is still cooking, shows she has a zest for life! Hope you are well, I have been down with Resp. probs for a few weeks, so haven't been blogging much. Plus, I want to enjoy this gorgeous weather we are having, cause before long it will be COLD. Right now we can still enjoy the beach!
    Thanks for hosting.

  18. Love all of these. What a pleasure to have at least of them. Glad you are visiting with your Mom.

  19. Oh gosh, Michael Lee, I was in Ohio visiting my mom that has COPD and I missed this. I love all the pantries, but I think I love #3 the best. I guess one couldn't go wrong with any of them. Hope you and your mom had a great time. My Mom is on oxygen and a nebulizer and an inhaler.

  20. Yes, that one is my favorite!
    They all look wonderful.
    I don't have a walk in pantry anymore so I'd take anyone of these.
    They all look special to me.
    Blessings to you,