Thursday, November 13, 2014

The Foodie Friday Link Party -- November 14

The weather outside is frightful, but the kitchen is toasty warm at the Foodie Friday Link Party! I can't wait to see the inspiring Thanksgiving dishes this week.

Me, I have been making sure that I get plenty of carbohydrates.
Using store-bought cupcakes, Bandy and I made a dozen Wild Turkeys.

And a few wilder ones HERE.


 You can see Owlbert Einstein and his sidekicks Dr. Hoooo, Dr. Whoo Cares, and
way down below, Dr. Hoo-Ha over in this TREE.


We had a food-filled party last week--something for every table, from Honey Pumpkin Cornbread by Cookie with K  to Pilgrim Hat Treats and Turkey Cupcakes by The Chicken Chick  to Apple Hand Pies with Eggnog Icing by Fairy Wings and Pixie Dust.

Let's take a look at the most-viewed recipes from last week's party. Grab a note pad because you'll want to make a grocery list.

#1 most-viewed recipe was a "Wise Owl Cheeseball" by Kitty's Kozy Kitchen.
Totally cute and perfect for your Thanksgiving table.
Click for the recipe and to "pin."


#2 most-viewed recipe was "Homemade Chicken and Rice Soup" by Cooking with K.
This delicious soup will be perfect all winter, especially when you're under the weather.
Click for the recipe and to "pin."


The #3 most-viewed recipe was Views from the Ville's  "Copycat Roadhouse Rolls." Sometimes I think I could live on bread alone, especially if the bread looks like this,
so I can't wait to try this recipe.
Click for the recipe and to "pin."


The 4th most-viewed post featured two delicious recipes by Return to Loblolly:  "Mustard Greens Soup and Marbled Peanut Butter Sugar-Free Brownies."
Click for the recipe and to "pin."


The 5th most-viewed recipe was "Crispy Potatoes" at Make Mine Lemon. Madonna is one
of my favorite cooks, and she weaves a delightful story to go with many of her posts. Her potatoes look scrumptious.
Click for the recipe and to "pin."


Did you miss last week's Foodie Friday Link Party?
You'll find lots of inspiration!


Check out the $100 Williams-Sonoma Gift Card GIVEAWAY.


Are you contributing a recipe to this week's Foodie Friday?
 If so, locate the blue Inlinkz icon in the lower, left-hand portion of this post. Click on the icon and follow the directions. After you complete the process, you will see a red "x" beside your name. This allows you to delete your link if you made an error; the red "x" is visible to you only.
You can read an UPDATED guide to this linky party HERE.
f you'd like to share your food photos with a larger community, you are welcome to join the Pinterest foodie board, Top Food Bloggers.  Send me a message @ Pinterest if you'd like to join.

The Foodie Friday Linky Party

Stay toasty warm this weekend!



Pin It

Social Bookmarking

39 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for hosting and for sharing those cute owls! My kids would love them, and so would I. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michael Lee, I'm loving all your precious owletts. I'm pinning these ideas. I was a Chi Omega so owl are a favorite theme for me. I have an owl cakelet pan that I experimented with this week with gingerbread when I made the acorns. They were great! I found the pan at World Market last year but had not used it yet. They are adorable and would be easy to decorate. I'm going to make up a batch soon.
    Thanks for hosting. Stay warm. It's even cold here in TX! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to see your owl cake and acorns.

      Delete
  3. Those owls are soooo cute!

    Thanks so much for the fun link up. Hope you have a happy Friday.

    Best wishes,
    Natasha in Oz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Much cupcake love at your house! Thanks for hosting, wishing you a delicious and cozy weekend. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's soooo cold. I went outside to break a branch for the owls, and I ran back inside like a sissy baby. Hope you miss the freeze! Looking forward to the Novel Bakers!

      Delete
  5. Thanks Michael Lee, your party is always a weekly highlight for me~
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  6. your owls are so cute! I just sent your veggie turkey to a friend to make for a party. been slaving all day in the forest, omg the recipes are so good, are you enjoying it? I made the cauliflower recipe, I ate 2/3rd of a whole head while trying to shoot it, who knew veggies could be addicting! I am laughing at your carb day, for once in my life it was a fruit and veggie day for me! tomorrow I am going carb crazy, 3 dessert recipes before noon, YIPPEE!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have the cauliflower recipe marked to make later. I'm tempted to add bacon. How did yours turn out?

      Delete
    2. over the top fabulous, the whole head was gone in an hour, I ate 2/3rds with my fingers, scott polished off the rest! I should mention I made 5 recipes this afternoon, it was a nonstop buffet when scott came home :-) 2 more dishes tomorrow and I depart the forest floor. I think its an excellent book, hope you have been happy with it too.

      ps .. try bacon on the side, with all the tastes you don't need to muddy the waters with MEAT!

      Delete
    3. The Forest Feast may be my all-time favorite NB cookbook, and that's saying a LOT. Did you try the sage leaves? I am still swooning.

      Delete
  7. Thanks so much for the fun food party Michael Lee! I love your turkey cupcakes you made they look so festive. Have a nice Friday and weekend.
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Michael, I was surprised to see my potatoes featured. They are the simplest recipe/technique in the world. I am giddy that an author would think I weave an interesting story. You have made my day.

    Thank you for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to add them to my holiday menu. I enjoy your food and stories!

      Delete
  9. I am in awe of the clever holiday designs people come up with. I'm going to have to work on my act!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your act is magnificent. Hope you have a cozy weekend!

      Delete
  10. You know that I love your owls, Michael Lee, and was so thrilled to have my Wise Owl Cheese Ball recipe featured, along with so many wonderful cooks out there. There's so much inspiration in Blogland, that it astounds me! Thank you so much for hosting and inspiring us with all your creations (and Bandy, too).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so welcome, Kitty! People LOVED your owl. We need a name for him! Owl Gore!!

      Delete
  11. Thank for the fun party each week….and special thank you for featuring the Chicken & Rice Soup!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You make the most adorable cupcakes. Thanks for hosting and I hope you stay warm and have a lovely weekend.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks so much for the warm and cozy party on this very cold evening. I can hear the Owls Hoot, they are just adorable! Have a great weekend.
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Michael Lee - thanks for hosting another lovely party! I checked out your link party guide and added my Christmas Planners post as they have baking/recipes/meal planners - I hope this is ok and appropriate!

    All the best,

    Eliza.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Christmas planners will be very welcome! Thanks for adding it--have a great weekend.

      Delete
  15. Oh my those cupcakes are too cute to eat! The rest of the food looks awesome too. Thank you for this yummy party sweet lady.
    Hope you have a great weekend coming up.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Michelle :)
    These owls are soooo cute and I bet they were fun to make :) I also really like the Wild Turkeys.
    Thank you for another great party and have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Those owls are adorable! So many wonderful links to look at! Do add some bacon to your cauliflower recipe, it takes it over the top! Thanks so much for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hello cute lady! What a fun party. Thank you for hosting. Please stop by our party. We would really appreciate it.
    Happy Friday! Lou Lou Girls

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hoo doesn't love an owl! I love Kitty's appetizer owl also. Have a nice weekend, and as always, thanks for being such a wonderful host.

    ReplyDelete
  20. What cute food! I was fashioning my food into birds this week too.
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wonderful party. Thank you for hosting. Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thank you for hosting each week, ML...it's sad I don't do more cooking posts so I could join more often!
    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete