Monday, December 22, 2014

Foodie Friday and Everything Else Link Party--Special Holiday Edition


Happy Holidays!
This week, Foodie Friday is a little early. The link-up will be available all week, closing Saturday, December 27th. You may contribute any day--no limit--and with any kind of post.





When I think of you and our party, I imagine that we live in a charming village. The main street is lined with colorful clapboard houses--lights in the windows and wreaths on the doors. The weather is magically crisp, not too cold, and guess what? It just started to snow. 
At the end of the lane, just behind the pine trees, my house waits for you. Can you see it?
Look for the white house with black shutters and a shiny red door. 

Inside, logs are crackling in the fireplace, and on the old-fashioned stereo, Bing Crosby is singing "White Christmas."
I'm so glad you're here! Thank you for coming. 
Grab a cup of hot cocoa, eggnog, or a glass of spirited punch. Then we'll gather around the table and see what everyone brought to the potluck--and we'll look at the highlights of last week's party.



 A Sampling of Last Week's Features





The second most-viewed post was Gypsy Heart and Soul's Favorite Christmas Cake.



The third most-viewed link was a review of  the Nordic Ware Holiday Tree Bundt Pan.



Other great features:







Are you contributing to this week's Foodie Friday?

During the holidays, we're inviting you to share recipes, DIY projects, time saving tips, crafts, tablescapes, and everything else (including your link parties, give-aways, reviews, and/or sponsored posts). Old posts are welcome. No limit.

To add a link, find the blue Inlinkz icon in the lower, left-hand portion of this post. Click on the icon and follow the directions, which includes selecting a thumbnail image. After you complete the process, you may see a red "x" (or mark) beside your name. This allows you to delete your link if you've made an error; the red "x" is visible to you only.
If you need more assistance, an UPDATED guide to this linky party can be read HERE.
Share your food photos with a larger community at the Pinterest board, Top Food Bloggers.  Send me a message @ Pinterest if you'd like to join.

Thanks so much for sharing your delicious recipes and inspiring projects every week. I hope your holidays are merry and bright.

The Link-Up

Merry Christmas!

14 comments:

  1. I'll join you in that charming village, Michael Lee. I'll be living in a darling stone cottage, like the one in the movie, The Holiday. I'd love to stop by for some hot cocoa and a dish of that snowman ice cream!! I know what my grands and I'll be making soon.
    Merry Christmas blessings to you and yours! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a wonderful neighborhood it would be! Love your stone cottage from The Holiday!

      Delete
  2. I can see it, the shiny Red Door, I almost got lost coming down the lane I stopped to talk to a jolly man with a white beard. The little ole man was wearing a red suit and he laughed so hard I finally heard him say, he was headed to your house, has he made it yet? I would love to have some hot cocoa while we wait for him, you will just love him!
    A very Merry Christmas to you and your family Michael Lee and please give those pups a hug from me.
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be on the lookout for the jolly man (wink). Thanks for asking about Zap and Mister!

      Delete
  3. Wishing you all things Merry & Bright this Christmas Michael Lee! Thanks for all the delicious fun this year. Merry Christmas to my favorite Yorkies ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd be happy to join you in that charming village. The ice cream presentation is adorable!

    I wish you love and friendship throughout the coming year with lots of laughter and happiness.
    And a very Merry Christmas to all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We've had red doors on many of our houses and I think red doors with black shutters are so classy. Thanks for being my friend this year. Merry Christmas to you and the whole gang from sunny, south Florida where we've got everything but snow!
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm always so happy to be part of your charming village!! I hope you and your family have a very wonderful Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the holiday fun Michael Lee! I love your snowman sundae and your visions of a Christmas village~I hope you and your family stay happy and well and enjoy your holidays!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a nice thought. I want the cottage with the large kitchen so we could all meet up and have coffee and dessert.

    Merry Christmas Michael to you and your family.

    Madonna

    ReplyDelete
  9. Michael,
    So nice of you to include me in your features. I always love visiting your blog...but do not cook as much since we have an empty nest. I still love to collect recipes though! We have both lived in Georgian homes on farms, and now we have the moving into a ranch in common. Can't wait to see your ideas!
    Merry Christmas to you, your family, and your puppies. (I have one huge eleven year old golden retriever puppy! Ha!)
    Sheila@mykentuckyliving.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Michael Lee, I stopped by last night, but couldn't leave a comment. It kept deleting!
    So I'm back. '-)
    Love the thought of all of us living close by where we could gather for friendship and a visit by a cozy fire. Oh, and one of those snowmen ice cream delights too!
    I hope you and your family have a very Merry Christmas! ~ Hugs, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for hosting Michael! I hope you have a very Merry Christmas! That Christmas Cake is sooooo beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks so much for hosting this fun party. I hope you had a nice Christmas. Wishing you a very Happy New Year too!
    Julie at Julie's Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete