Monday, February 9, 2015

Buttermilk Brownies with Chocolate Ganache Icing

 If romance had a taste, it would be buttermilk brownies, topped with chocolate ganache icing.



As with true love, chocolate can be bitter and sweet. If you indulge in too much,
too quickly,you may experience discomfort or regret, possibly both. 

Unlike romance, chocolate is the answer to every question.


The answer to every problem.





Buttermilk Brownies with Chocolate Ganache Icing
Two - 18.3 oz boxes fudge brownie mix
1/2 cup buttermilk
1 1/3 cups vegetable oil
4 eggs

Pre-heat oven according to the directions on the box. Grease a pan. In a large bowl, add brownie mixes, buttermilk, oil, and eggs. Stir until blended and smooth. Spread batter in the greased pan. Bake according to the directions on the box. Don't overbake! Cool.

Chocolate Ganache Icing
1 cup heavy cream
8 oz dark chocolate
1 stick butter (room temperature)
3 tablespoons white granulated sugar
pinch of salt

Pour cream into a saucepan and heat. Do not boil. When the milk forms tiny bubbles, add chocolate and butter. Blend. The chocolate and butter will melt quickly. Add sugar and salt. Blend. Stir mixture vigorously until it is smooth and glossy. Cool 2 minutes. Pour evenly over the cooled brownies. Serve when the ganache hardens a bit, approximately 20 minutes. 


Serve this dessert with a tiny bit of caution: the core elements, chocolate + chocolate, are addictive. 


Shared at:

26 comments:

  1. Sounds like the perfect Valentine's Day dessert:@)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love when you serve your food with flowers! Your brownies look oh so decadent! Keep Calm and Eat Lots of Chocolate is a perfect motto for February. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Between these brownies and the fact Packzi's are in the stores, February is no time to lose weight.

      Delete
  3. Now this could snap me out of my stupor! Gorgeous and love the sound of buttermilk~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, please, I'd love a big slice right now with my cuppa tea. What an easy, chocolate-y dessert for ❤️ Day! I never thought of using buttermilk in with the mix. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with you. Just finished at the gym and having brunch and cup of coffee. A slice of this would be perfect.

      Delete
  5. Oh, my!!! This will be our dessert next Saturday! Thanks for sharing the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfect! The ganache is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sort of in love with ganache at the moment. :-)

      Delete
  7. Oh my goodness, my husband loves chocolate. I may have to make this recipe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for visiting and commenting, Angel!

      Delete
  8. Sounds absolutely perfect for Valentines Day. You can never, ever go wrong with chocolate.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my my my. Doing this. I love recipes that start easy with a mix! I am just learning to cook with buttermilk...at my mid life stage even. I am not sure what it does chemically...except make things taste great! My ky great grandmother churned her own butter, and thus some buttermilk. This is a good one!
    Sheila E

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those look wonderful....and I could eat that ganache right out of the saucepan !

    ReplyDelete
  11. I cover tons of my cakes in ganache, but have never thought to pour it over brownies! Genius; and your photos are absolutely lovely! CC

    ReplyDelete
  12. It looks scrumptious :) Who can resist a slice ?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Now I need some chocolate! Good thing I'm headed to the grocery store ;)

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, I don't like brownies but after looking at your photos, I am definitely trying some. Truly beautiful.

    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  15. Decadent! You've make me really itch to try this recipe. Happy Pink Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Those look amazing! Thank you for linking with Home Sweet Home!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete