Thursday, February 12, 2015

Foodie Friday and Everything Else Party


Welcome to the Valentine's Day edition of the Foodie Friday and Everything Else party. Thanks so much for coming today. I hope you have a heart-shaped weekend, filled with chocolate and flowers.




I've been busy, with ups and downs in the kitchen. I made a complicated marble swirl cake that crumbled to pieces, but it was still fun to eat. Like Mimi used to say, "If a cake breaks, all the calories escape." 


Here's what I've been up to this week:

One dessert was a keeper (even though I overcooked it): Buttermilk Brownies with Chocolate Ganache Icing. They're super easy, made with a mix (substitute buttermilk for the water). Ganache  is my new best friend. 



The renovation is in full swing, and this week I was busy Redefining the Interior Space of a 70s Ranchburger.

I went shopping for granite and marble in Adventures in the Stone Yard.


I hit a tiny design speed bump with the Ranchburger's dining room walls. Can you guess what it was?


Last Sunday, we toured a cottage in Laguna Beach. The cottage has 950 square feet, but it lives big. All of the rooms are white, which contributes to the spacious feel. Colors are drawn from a Persian rug--the red tones are echoed by the brick fireplace; blue notes are repeated in the pillow and art. 
***


The ranchburger renovation is moving along. We're ordering more doors for the sun room; Murdock sent over a dozen sketches of front elevations, which I'll share Friday evening. We're working on the pool house (re)design, too. Mike Cox is getting ready to break ground for a small powder room addition; Lisa is looking for honed Danby marble for the master bath vanities and tub. Medana is keeping us all on track.
***
Did you have a good time at last week's Foodie Friday and Everything Else party? Here are the features that you liked best.

Find out the secret ingredient in Grandma Ree's Texas Sheet Cake by Cooking with Carlee.

"I remember this cake was quite a treat at Grandma's house when I was a kid.  It is a great cake for a crowd because it is baked in a half sheet pan.   Which is good when there are a bunch of Rees kids running around.  The icing really makes the cake.  This is a fudgy wonderfully sweet and smooth frosting.  You just pour it over the cake, so there is no concern of getting it smooth and perfect.  Besides, it is fun to make a cake and frosting from scratch and not have to drag out the mixer!"


***
If you share your world with a four-footed critter, you'll enjoy reading the article by My Kentucky Living.

"We live with a sweet eleven year old golden retriever...Mikey. Or, maybe he lives with us? Still trying to figure out the dynamic here! If you have a pet you get this. They learn to manage "us.'"  --My Kentucky Living.

***

You'll by wowed by the stunning living room make-over by A Stroll Thru Life.
"I love how light and bright the family room is now with the new white paint.  This room was white before, but it was a sort of yellow white.   I chose Reliable White by Sherwin Williams and it is a gorgeous warm white.  No yellow, pink, or grey undertones.  Just a really clear soft white." 

***

The Foodie Friday and Everything Else Linky Party

You are invited to share recipes, DIY projects, time saving tips, crafts, tablescapes, and everything else (including your link parties, give-aways, reviews, and/or sponsored posts).


Older posts are welcome. No limit on the number of posts.



 To add a link, find the blue Inlinkz icon in the lower, left-hand portion of this post. Click on the icon and follow the directions, which includes selecting a thumbnail image. After you complete the process, you may see a red "x" (or mark) beside your name. This allows you to delete your link if you've made an error; the red "x" is visible to you only.



If you see a thumbnail you like, please visit the participating blog to "pin" photographs.



If you need more assistance with the party, an UPDATED guide to this linky party can be read HERE.


Share your food photos with a larger community at the Pinterest board, Top Food Bloggers.  Send me a message @ Pinterest if you'd like to join.

Link-up

27 comments:

  1. Your remodel is exciting to see. Beautiful changes! Thanks for hosting a great party and Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy sweet Valentine! Thank you for sharing the updates on the ranchburger, and thank you for hosting us.... And yes by all means lets have chocolate for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've been a busy girl this week! Your chocolate ganache with the pink roses is pure heaven! Thanks so much for the everything party, and enjoy your Valentine's weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh Michael Lee. It seems like forever since I've been to your party. I've only started up blogging full time this year. So happy to be here again. It's like a breath of fresh air. Love seeing how your renos are coming along.

    Best wishes and Happy Valentine's Day!

    Anne @ Domesblissity xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great features - I am heading over to read about that adorable golden retriever! Thanks for hosting again!
    Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can not believe how far along you've come with remodeling. Your contractor must be fabulous. Thanks for hosting each week. I appreciate it and hope you have a nice weekend. Looks like the cold is coming your way. Stay warm ML and happy Valentines Day.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This has been my favorite project of all. I couldn't be happier. I will pass along your compliment to Mike. Thanks, Sam.

      Delete
  7. You make me look like I'm lazy, Michael LOL

    Hopefully, this recipe will go over better than the last one ;)

    xoxo,
    rue

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've managed to bake and share wonderful features with us, while working on your renovation. Thanks for hosting, too, Michael Lee, and Happy Valentine's Day! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your wall you removed!! It looks fantastic! Thanks for hosting and have a lovely Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your remodeling is coming out wonderful! I love to remodel, although, I don't like the mess, but the end results are usually outstanding, as I know yours is gonna be.
    Thank you for hosting sweet lady and have a lovely Valentine's weekend.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for hosting! I'm enjoying the process of your reno!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are so sweet to feature Mikey. I showed him his pic on your blog and now he thinks he is a celebrity!
    Love your pic of the wall change...it is getting more and more interesting to see what you do in your ranch! Love the dining room plans too!
    Have a great weekend.
    Sheila E

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your photos are always stunning! The brownies look delish and I'm sure the cake was too. I have no idea how you do so much ~ the renovation would be a stressor for me. Removing the wall looks fantastic! I know it's going to be totally gorgeous when all is finished.

    Thank you once more for hosting!
    xo
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for hosting each week, ML...and I do plan to stay calm and eat chocolate all weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh wow, thanks so much for the shout out. I am thrilled. Thanks also for hosting such a fun party. P.S. I am loving seeing how you are remaking the ranchburger. Fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your party is one of my favorites; no crazy RULES, no limits, just FUN! You are the best. Thanks so much for hosting. Happy Valentines day!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy Valentine's Day Weekend Michael♥-enjoy:@)

    ReplyDelete
  18. So much good stuff to look at here! I love the cake breaking quote - since most of my cakes fall apart, I think I will make that one my motto!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I baked a two layer loaf cake and the inside was filled with holes. When I tried to slice it, the cake fell apart. Had to eat it. :-0

      Delete
  19. Happy Friday, thanks for hosting! Have a Happy Valentine's Day and fun with the renovations!
    - Nancy
    On The Home Front

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks for the fun party and have a wonderful Valentine's Day weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hello Gorgeous! I love stopping by your amazing party each week. Thank you for hosting. Please take a moment to stop by our party. We would love to have the chance to party with you twice! Happy Friday! Lou Lou Girls

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is my first time over. You have a beautiful blog! Thanks for the party. I'm following on G+.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks for hosting the party. Would love it if you could join us for Funtastic Friday this week.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love participating in your link party. So many great ideas out there. Your remodel is amazing.

    ReplyDelete