Thursday, February 5, 2015

The Foodie Friday and Everything Else Party

Welcome to the Foodie Friday and Everything Else party!
Earlier this week, I baked my grandmother's easy citrus thyme loaf cake and gave an update on the kitchen renovation. Today, I visited two stone yards. It was windy and cold, but the "yards" were indoors.

A lovely slab of Calacatta Statuario marble. 

While I was in Nashville, a French door (and "door windows")
were installed in the kitchen. The island will go in front of the doors (right side of the photo).
Here's a before photo:

You're invited to check back this Saturday for more photos and see the rest of the house.

Let's take a look at last week's fabulous most-viewed features.

The most-viewed feature was Olla-Podrida's Herbed Chicken Casserole.
In her words:
"It is the rare occasion when I give myself the day off, but I did just that on Sunday, spending the entire day in front of the fire beneath my favorite ruby red, fleece-lined throw watching the mystery movie marathon on the Hallmark Movies and Mysteries channel. No one does fluffy mysteries quite like Hallmark, and while some of them are a bit camp for my taste they are nonetheless lighthearted, mindless fun and I truly enjoyed myself. During the commercials I put together this comforting casserole that used to be one of my favorites growing up.  I had lost the recipe decades ago, but came across it last month while going through my mother's recipe box."
Click HERE to "pin" and view the recipe.
--from Olla-Podrida.

***

"Everyone has their own ideas about what makes an amazing guacamole. There are so many takes on it, and that’s really the beauty of this recipe- like most recipes that I post, there are any number of variations and avenues you can take with it, and it generally turns out pretty delicious. For me, it’s all about having a nice balance between the fresh veggies, the citrus flavor that the lime adds, a bit of heat from the jalapenos, a few bits of spices that I randomly throw in, and one special, secret ingredient. Tequila."
Click HERE to "pin" or view the recipe.

***

The third most-viewed feature was a gorgeous tablescape and a vintage tablecloth 
In her words:
"While cleaning out the linen armoire I came across this cute vintage square with embroidery and appliqued green polka dotted roosters on each corner. I am not sure where this one came from...possibly the local ARC Thrift Store, but I can't say for sure. Anyhoo...that was the inspiration for my table this week."
Click HERE to "pin" or view the post.

***

The spotlight feature is Panini Week at An Old Fashioned World.  My friend Rue began blogging the same time I did, and I missed  her like crazy when she closed Rue's Peanut Butter and Jelly Life. She has returned with an amazing new blog. You'll love her historic home.



You can read her story HERE. Rue is a great cook, too. Go say 'hi' to Miss Rue!
In her words:
"While I was visiting my mom a couple of weeks ago, we were flapping our mouths about all sorts of things.... family gossip, tv shows, movies, etc., just like normal and eventually the talk turned to food. Also, just like normal. It turns out that she had just bought another Panini maker, because she thought the other one she had was too small. So, she offered me her old one and not being one to turn down free gifts from mom, I took it home."
Click HERE to "pin" or view the post.

***

Foodie Friday and Everything Else

You are invited to share recipes, DIY projects, time saving tips, crafts, tablescapes, and everything else (including your link parties, give-aways, reviews, and/or sponsored posts).

Older posts are welcome. No limit on the number of posts.

 To add a link, find the blue Inlinkz icon in the lower, left-hand portion of this post. Click on the icon and follow the directions, which includes selecting a thumbnail image. After you complete the process, you may see a red "x" (or mark) beside your name. This allows you to delete your link if you've made an error; the red "x" is visible to you only.

If you see a thumbnail you like, please visit the participating blog to "pin" photographs.

If you need more assistance with the party, an UPDATED guide to this linky party can be read HERE.

Share your food photos with a larger community at the Pinterest board, Top Food Bloggers.  Send me a message @ Pinterest if you'd like to join.
The FFand EE Party
Happy Friday!

23 comments:

  1. Your house is really moving forward and the new windows & French door are very impressive. Is Zap involved in all of the goings-on? I assume he must have a supervisor role, but I haven't seen him lately. Thanks for being our hostess each week. I really appreciate all you do for us.Have a lovely weekend.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Zap is a very strict supervisor. :-) He keeps everyone on their toes.

      Delete
  2. Love the French doors. Thanks for the party. I brought an addictive rice pudding recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I ever decide to renovate, you're my go-to gal with all your expertise! We were out of town last week so I didn't link up so I'm catching up here tonight. Thanks for the fun and I'll help myself to another slice of Citrus Loaf Cake :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. TGIF Michael! Have a great weekend:@)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun day, browsing stone slabs~ sounds like heaven to me! Thanks for being such an incredible hostess, I love things with no rules :)
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just cannot wait to see this kitchen, and I love the marble!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for hosting! That chicken casserole recipe sounds like I should give it a try! Looking forward to seeing your kitchen completed!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You will have the most delightful kitchen ever!
    Thanks for the great features and hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How exciting! I am waiting to see the finished project! Thanks for hosting and have a fabulous weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I was shocked to see my Herbed Chicken Casserole as the most viewed item last week. I am quite honored, knowing the high quality and volume of entries. It really is a comforting dish. I've enjoyed it again this week between visits to my husband in the hospital, currently recovering from surgery. I was so happy to have it on hand, frozen in individual servings. Thanks, as always, for hosting. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Have I told you that I love you? Because I do. I have no other words besides, thank you, my dear old friend <3

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you so much for hosting, Michael. I can't wait to visit the features - there are some new to me bloggers there I'm excited to discover. And I love the look of your lemon thyme loaf - I look forward to seeing more of your renovations too! Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for pointing me towards Rue's blog! I love her home!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your citrus loaf cake looks yummy and can't wait to see more pictures of your kitchen! Thanks for hosting.
    - Nancy
    On The Home Front

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for hosting the party. Hope to see you this week at Funtastic Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for hosting this fun party and have a nice Friday and weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you for the feature and thank you for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, I am really surprised to see my rooster table was viewed by so many...thank you for hosting each week.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hello beautiful! Thank you for hosting such a fabulous party! We would love it if you would stop by our party and share one of your amazing projects.We would really appreciate it. Happy Friday! Lou Lou Girls

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love your idea's , your kitchen will be so bright and cheery with all that natural light. Grandmothers cake would not last one day here before it would be gone gone gone. Thanks for sharing, caring and hosting us.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks so much for hosting!
    Angie
    PS - I also wanted to invite you to hop on board the Great Blog Train (blog hop) & travel with us to Myrtle Beach, SC: http://www.godsgrowinggarden.com/2015/02/the-great-blog-train-26-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete