Thursday, March 5, 2015

Foodie Friday and Everything Else -- March 6


Welcome to Foodie Friday and Everything Else. I'm so glad you're here! 



How's the weather in your neck of the woods? It's a cold, snowy evening in Tennessee. 

Last week's party was filled with superlative offerings. Here is a sampling:

 Home Is Where the Boat Is is a place of wonder. Mary is known for her cooking, styling, tabletop designs, and hospitality. She also built (and relocated!) the most beloved potting shed in America. This adorable, idea-packed shed can be seen in the current issue of Flea Market Gardens Magazine. 


***
I was totally charmed and inspired by Purple Chocolat Home's Easter tabletop, along with her round, ruffled burlap cloth.
Interested in making this tablecloth? Get the tutorial HERE.


***
Keep cold weather at bay with a hearty pot roast by My Carolina Kitchen. Just look at that delicious "red" gravy (that's what my people call it) and tender beef. 

***

Many of us are still dealing with snow and frigid temperatures, and the cure is a heartwarming recipe: Chicken Enchiladas by The Charm of Home.
***

For an elegant dessert, try Earl Grey and Limoncello Cake by Living the Gourmet. The ladies at Downton Abby would approve!

***
I'm always looking for new potato recipes, so I was happy to find Parmesan Fries by Katie-Kate's Kitchen.

***

Lines from Linderhof held the second Cookbook Club meeting, and members chose the recipes of PBS chef Lidia Bastianich. Here's one dish, Asparagi Gratinati al Parminiano Reggiano. 

***

Are you ready for Spring? Enjoy a fresh, delightful taste of warm weather at The Nest at Finch Rest.

***

Don't miss the 7th Annual St. Patrick's Day Pub Crawl at Cuisine Kathleen. Mark your calenders for March 11th--the link will be ready at 7 pm EST.

The Novel Bakers will return Tuesday, March 10th, to celebrate the pub day of a magical memoir,  Bettyville, by George Hodgman (Viking). Jain (...a quiet life)Mary (Home Is Where the Boat Is), and I will be serving up recipes and fun.

Guidelines to the Linky Party:
Older posts are welcome. 
No limit on the number of posts. 
No "rules." 
Everyone is welcome.

 To add a link, find the blue Inlinkz icon in the lower, left-hand portion of this post. Click on the icon and follow the directions, which includes selecting a thumbnail image. After you complete the process, you may see a red "x" (or mark) beside your name. This allows you to delete your link if you've made an error; the red "x" is visible to you only.

If you see a thumbnail you like, please visit the participating blog to "pin" photographs.

If you need more assistance with the party, an UPDATED guide to this linky party can be read HERE.

Share your food photos with a larger community at the Pinterest board, Top Food Bloggers.  Send me a message @ Pinterest if you'd like to join.
The Link-up
Happy Friday!

29 comments:

  1. Wow, I am so flattered to be featured. This week I posted the tutorial for the tablecloth. Thank you for featuring me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so welcome! I added your tutorial to your feature (above).

      Delete
  2. If these creative posts don't warm one's winter day, I don't know what would. I couldn't get to Barnes & Noble fast enough to get a copy of Flea Market Garden, and Jacqueline's Easter tables have me hopping around pulling out some bunnies of my own. Thanks for hosting. Hope you have a cozy fire going to keep you warm.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the party. I'm drooling over some of the items here! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for the party Michael Lee~ your snowy scenes are beautiful! We got just enough ice to keep everyone home today in Birmingham, but it's all gone now, hurry spring!
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am honored and thrilled to be in your line up of delicious offerings ML with my Company Pot Roast. I hope spring is on the way and that you have a lovely weekend. Thanks for being our hostess each week.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oops, forget to add I hope you are getting around and feeling better.Take care my friend.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  7. We had an ice storm two days ago but the ice is now covered up by the 5 inches of snow we got today! Praying for Spring in NY. Thanks for the party distractions.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's very cold and snowy in my area too. I'm ready for Spring. Thanks for the party and have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. We're more than ready for Spring here in Upstate New York! Thinking of you and hope you are feeling better.Take good care. xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. We even had 5" of snow in the Dallas area last night, with schools closed again. I learned from you, Michael Lee, and stayed inside! I hope you're feeling much better now. Thanks for all the great features and for hosting your party.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Snow in TN! We've had so much snow in VT I'm counting the days until spring! Thanks for hosting.
    - Nancy
    On The Home Front

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for hosting! I appreciate your hospitality! Great features - love that burlap tablecloth!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Some yummy features here.
    Thank you so much for the great party.
    Have a lovely Friday and weekend ahead.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for hosting a great party. Some of those recipes sound yummy. I did get Mary's book so I could read the article.
    She did a wonderful job on her shed.
    I hate to tell you what our weather is 77 today and going up to 83 by Sunday. I surly wish I could send some warm weather to all of my blogging friends who have cold weather.
    Have a wonderful warm weekend.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  15. Michael Lee, I just got a hot flash from your high praise! Thank you so much for sharing my wee shed, she's blushing too :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Everything looks great! Thank you for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks so much for featuring all these great posts...and thanks for the great party.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Dear Michael, Thank you so much for featuring our cake! What a pleasant surprise. I am glad to here the ladies of Downton would approve...it certainly pairs well with tea. xo, Catherine

    ReplyDelete
  19. That cake looks amazing!! I never heard back from the publisher, so sad I can't be joining you guys this time :(

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fun features Michael! Here's hoping the snow melts quickly and we all have a nice weekend:@)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I did something a little different this week and featured someone.

    I hope you're feeling well.

    xoxo,
    rue

    ReplyDelete
  22. I agree about Mary. However, I went right to Lowes and got a copy of the magazine and don't think they did her GORGEOUS shed justice! It is so much prettier than they showed, IMHO. Anyway, I too was charmed with Jacquelines table! SO beautiful and Springy! Going to do my own version next week. Thanks SO much for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lovely features! I think I see a robin in your tree, so spring must be on its way.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hello Cute Lady! It is always a pleasure to be a part of your party. Thank you. I would love it if you would stop by our party. We pin and tweet everything.
    Happy Friday! Lou Lou Girls

    ReplyDelete
  25. Lovely ideas...and great features. Thanks for hosting us!
    sheila

    ReplyDelete
  26. Its cold here too! I can't wait for spring! Love the Easter table feature! Thanks for hosting! Have a great weekend!
    Gina @ Always Savory

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thanks for hosting an awesome party. Hope you can make it this week to Funtastic Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Thanks for hosting. Appreciate your visit and for the lovely comment..

    ReplyDelete