Thursday, March 12, 2015

Foodie Friday and Everything Else

Welcome to Foodie Friday and Everything Else.
I'm still dealing with a head injury, but it hasn't stopped me from doing a little armchair decorating. Since I can't visit the ranchburger's work site, Medana has sent photos. Here's a peek at the kitchen.



Medana also dropped off cedar shake samples. I thought they'd be thin, no bigger than a slice of bread, but they're wonderfully thick--and aromatic, too. The fresh smell reminds me of the Smoky Mountains. The shake will go on the porch--and maybe elsewhere. We'll just have to see. 


Last week's party was awesome. Let's take a look at some of the features.
You all loved the bathroom tank tray by A Stroll Thru Life. 

"It's always fun to see what projects catch the eye of others," Marty wrote on her blog. "My DIY bathroom tank tray is one of my most pinned DIY projects ever.  I thought I would re-post the "how to" in case you missed it.  You can also see the whole makeover here."



***
For St. Patrick's Day, celebrate with Bailey's Irish Cream-and-Pistachio Fudge by Butteryum. I've tried Patricia's recipe, and it's absolutely divine. 

"Bailey's Irish Cream and Pistachio Fudge is so good, and it's so easy to make," Patricia wrote on her blog." It takes about 10 minutes from start to finish, requires only 4 ingredients, and there's no need to use a candy thermometer."

Visit Butteryum

**

An  old china cabinets gets a fab makeover by Gentle Joy Homemaker.

I had this old china cabinet," Gentle Joy said. "It had a bit of water damage, not a lot, but enough so that one door wouldn't shut tightly. The finish was not very nice since someone had painted over it with brown paint and it just didn't look like a cabinet that I wanted, so I came up with an idea......"



***
The Winter of 2015 was a challenge, but Cozy Little House found beauty in the season with her words and photography."

"The snow has not yet begun to melt," Brenda said. "The dogs have gone from looking at it oddly to accepting that their feet will sink down into the wet stuff. Despite the snow, this mourning dove came to visit us. Isn't it beautiful?" 

***
In addition to Top Food Bloggers, I've added many other boards--DIY, tablescaping, photography, decorating, and more. You can see them HERE. Leave me a message on a recent post if you'd like to pin on any board.

Guidelines to the Linky Party:
Older posts are welcome. 
No limit on the number of posts. 
No "rules." 
Everyone is welcome.

 To add a link, find the blue Inlinkz icon in the lower, left-hand portion of this post. Click on the icon and follow the directions, which includes selecting a thumbnail image. After you complete the process, you may see a red "x" (or mark) beside your name. This allows you to delete your link if you've made an error; the red "x" is visible to you only.

If you see a thumbnail you like, please visit the participating blog to "pin" photographs.

If you need more assistance with the party, an UPDATED guide to this linky party can be read HERE.
Happy Friday!

27 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you're still dealing with that head injury. I really hope you're better soon.

    The kitchen looks like it's really coming together! And I too love the smell of cedar shake :)

    xoxo,
    rue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos! Hope you are feeling better and thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am totally amazed at the different in that old china cabinet. I would have never believed it had you not shown the before and after. ML, it musts be very frustrating not to be able to visit the work site. I would be climbing the walls and a tad "crabby." Thank goodness Medana has come to the rescue with photos and samples of the shake shingles. Sounds like things are going well. Take care, you'll be back at the job site before you know it. And thanks as always for being our hostess tonight.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your tablescaping board!! Following several more of your boards now, too. Thanks for hosting this great linkup, and I hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you can get over to the house soon... looks like things are really coming along. Thanks so much for the party. Be well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so sorry to hear you are still having problems from your head injury! Hope you are better soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the smell of cedar! It's funny because whenever I open my cedar chest, my daughter practically gags. I so hope you're feeling better soon -- thanks for hosting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hate to hear that you are still dealing with your head injury for the fall. You remain in my thoughts for quick healing. I know that the brain takes a while to heal...and you are in my prayers. Love your kitchen ceiling...and hope you get to visit to see it in person as soon as possible. Take time to heal.
    Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for featuring my post on the China Cabinet Transformation... what fun to find that when I came to link up. :) I am sorry that you are unwell w/ the head injury.. and I hope you are better soon. The kitchen looks wonderful... I love all of those great windows. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That fudge looks awesome! Thanks for hosting !

    ReplyDelete
  11. It sounds like your crew is really keeping you updated on your renovations, Michael Lee. You remain in my thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery. It must be frustrating to not be able to visit your new home, but hopefully you'll be able to go soon. Thanks for hosting your party and Happy St. Patrick's Day to you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. So sorry to hear of your injury, do take care.The kitchen is really coming along. Thank you for taking the time to host today.
    Hugs..........

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for the weekly fun Michael Lee~I don't you know you do it with your current challenges, your plate is definitely full, and hopefully the reno is giving you energy and keeping you distracted, but wow, it's a lot to deal with for sure~
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  14. You take care of yourself. Don't rush it. A head injury is so delicate and serious. I know you're raring to go!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  15. Enjoyed the features. Brenda's morning dove is a beauty. What an amazing shot!
    Thanks for hosting and take care of yourself. We need you 100%!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh wow, how exciting. Thanks so much for the feature. I am thrilled. Thanks also for hosting such a really fun party

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello, my first time partying with you all. Thanks for hosting and love seeing all the food!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks so much for these great features. And...thanks for such a great party.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am SO sorry you can't visit the house!!! I would be going crazy. I sure hope you are better FAST!!! Thanks again, so much, for hosting. I love your party! Have a great weekend. XO

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks for the foodie fun and inspiration! I've had a virtual taste over Butteryum's delicious Bailey's & Pistachio Fudge, I need a real one :) I love a beaded ceiling in the kitchen, hope things are progressing to your liking by photo. Feel better soon. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  21. Armchair decorating is just what you need to be doing right now! Take it easy!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks so much for hosting! See you next week

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  23. I whipped something up to join in and posted my Irish Soda Bread recipe. I have made 100's and 100's of them, used to take orders for them. I remember being up till 2 a.m. filling the orders after teaching all day! Aw, the good old days!
    Hope you recover soon, the ranchburger will miss you! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I missed linking up with all the other favorites, but just could not miss out on the fun here....thank you for hosting this fantastic foodie and everything else bodacious-ness!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. It was a busy week, so I missed out on the party! Next week I'll join you with some Key West flavors ;-) Thanks for hosting!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. take care honey don't do to much have a great day and thanks for hosting

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thanks for hosting another great party. Please stop by Funtastic Friday. We'd love to have you join us.

    ReplyDelete