Thursday, April 2, 2015

Foodie Friday and Everything Else


 Welcome to the Easter edition of Foodie Friday and Everything Else. I'm so glad you're here. Put on your prettiest bonnet, grab a basket of goodies, and let's mingle at the party. 






Last week's party was filled with ideas for spring and Easter. Here's a sampling:

 If The Hobbit and Downton Abbey had a baby, it would be Tuck Box Tearoom. For an unforgettable tour, visit My Cozy Corner. 

In Betty's words:
"I've been wanting to visit the TUCK BOX TEA ROOM in Carmel-by-the-Sea, California, for YEARS. Isn't it cute?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Food photography and flavor combine beautifully in Nutty Chicken Salad Veronique by Olla-Podrida. I am absolutely craving this sandwich--and you will, too. Hint: Pattie's recipe has a special twist. 

In Pattie's words:
"There are many versions of Chicken Salad Veronique, and it has graced the plate of many a ladies' luncheon. Essentially is it just chicken salad with grapes and nuts. It's popular because it is always good, and it can be seasoned to suit any taste."
-- from Olla-Podrida.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Operation Cabinet Organization" will inspire you at An Old Fashioned World.  Rue's vintage kitchen is so much fun to visit, you won't want to leave. 
In Rue's words:
"After looking for the right spice the other day, and after seeing all the pictures of organized cabinets on pinterest," Rue wrote, "I went on a Ball Jar buying spree at Amazon. I still have a few more jars coming (mostly for the other pantry), but here's what it looks like now."


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Pie crust is an unsung hero in the dessert world--it's always last, hidden from the world, yet it's the foundation of almost any pie or tart recipe. But what happens when it becomes the star? Find out the details at Happier than a Pig in Mud.  

In Lynn's words:
"I'm putting all my eggs in one basket. These eggs were cut with a plunger cookie cutter from Walmart (set of 4 for $2.88, there's a chick, bunny and butterfly, too) and they're a fun and colorful addition to this Easter Basket Pie."
Visit Happier than a Pig in Mud. (Don't miss the bonus pie crust recipe.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I hope you and your loved ones have a blessed Easter weekend.

"Spring is when life's alive in everything."
-- Christina Rossetti




Guidelines to the Linky Party:
Older posts are welcome. 
No limit on the number of posts. 
No "rules." 
Everyone is welcome.

 To add a link, find the blue Inlinkz icon in the lower, left-hand portion of this post. Click on the icon and follow the directions, which includes selecting a thumbnail image. After you complete the process, you may see a red "x" (or mark) beside your name. This allows you to delete your link if you've made an error; the red "x" is visible to you only.

If you see a thumbnail you like, please visit the participating blog to "pin" photographs.

If you need more assistance with the party, an UPDATED guide to this linky party can be read HERE.

Share your food photos with a larger community at the Pinterest board, Top Food Bloggers.  Send me a message @ Pinterest if you'd like to join.
The Link-up

33 comments:

  1. Your pictures are lovely, love those egg cups and rabbits.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love me some Lindt bunnies Michael! Thanks for the shout out, wishing you and your family a wonderful Easter-enjoy:@)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your site looks like Spring. Thank you for hosting.

    Wishing you and your family a Happy Easter.

    Madonna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Easter to you and your family, ML. Your center piece is so festive and looks like Springtime. What a wonderful time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous photos. Thank you for hosting, am enjoying looking at new blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wishing you and your family a very Happy Easter and thanks so much for the party!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are so sweet to include me in your features, Michael! Thank you, my dear friend :)

    xoxo,
    rue

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for hosting and Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your sweet Easter photos Michael Lee, and yesterdays adorable peeps! Easter is such a bright and happy time~ I hope you are healing and can enjoy a wonderful Easter weekend. Thanks so much for the fun today~
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful photos, Gollum....thank you for the party

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope you and your family have a blessed Easter as well ML. You really have a flair for decorating for each & every holiday.
    Sam

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! Don't we have fun in blogland. Thanks for featuring the Tuck Box Tea Room. Life is good today. I love to join your fabulous party and enjoy your beautiful photos and great ideas.
    Joyously,
    Betty @ My Cozy Corner

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for hosting us, Happy Easter, love the colorful photo's, and great feature picks.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for the party! Have a good weekend.

    the feature of Mason/Ball jars for baking goods I need to do - so much nicer than a box of baking soda, a jar of baking powder, etc - nice if all goes well and stays super fresh. My pantry is a disaster. I needed the inspiration for sure. TY!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful photos! Love the crystal cake plate with the flowers and foil covered bunnies - pinned! Thank you for hosting and hope you have a blessed and happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your flower-filled cake plates are perfect for a spring celebration! Wishing you a Happy and Delicious Easter. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've put on my best bonnet and I'm ready for your party! Thanks for hosting, Michael Lee. Happy Easter to you and all your peeps!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful table! Have a fantastic Easter! Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful images, ML. Love the features too! Happy Easter to you and the family there at Rattlebridge Farm. Hope it's a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Pretty spring features...love the egg cookies. Pinning it.
    Thank you so much sweet lady for hosting this fun party.
    Wishing you and yours a blessed Easter Sunday.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm wishing you and your bunch a very happy Easter! I agree with the others, your snaps are always so gorgeous.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Christina Rossetti is one of my favourite poets. I love the quote you chose! Have a blessed weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  23. It is always a pleasure to join your Foodie Friday gathering, Michael! Wishing you and your family a very happy Easter!

    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  24. Joining you this Easter weekend for the first time in a very long while. Looking forward to visiting your highlighted blogs and spending time visiting this week's entries. Joyeux Paques, Michael Lee.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Such gorgeous photos! Thanks for hosting again and I hope that you and your loved ones have a very blessed and Happy Easter!

    xo
    Pat
    P.S. Excuse my photos! Made long ago....

    ReplyDelete
  26. I hope you have a wonderful Easter!! Love those egg cups!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Happy to be featured. I could actually go for some of that chicken salad right now! I love all of your little vignettes. I particularly like those darling little pastel, wavy-sided ceramic baskets full of yummy eggs. So cute! I can think of a lot of uses for those.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hello cute lady! Thank you for hosting such a great party! I really appreciate it. Please take a moment to stop by our party. We would love to party with you twice this week.
    Lou Lou Girls

    ReplyDelete
  29. Can't wait to check out some of these food and recipe links. That chicken salad recipe is now having me crave chicken salad. I just got home from grocery shopping and meant to pick up a rotisserie chicken, but forgot! Darn...I could've made chicken salad (instead of the enchiladas that I was going to make instead). Well, looks like some baking might be in order instead. I think I'll give a try at hot cross buns. Here's wishing you and your family a blessed holiday weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Wonderful features! Lots of great recipes- makes me hungry!
    Thank you for hosting :-)
    Have a beautiful Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Thanks for hosting. Have a great Easter Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Can't wait to check out some recipes. I need to find something to do with chicken!

    ReplyDelete