Thursday, April 16, 2015

Foodie Friday and Everything Else

 Welcome to the Foodie Friday and Everything Else Party. This week, we visited more stone yards, and Bandy found two Arabscato Vagli slabs that had been tucked away in the back of the warehouse.

As luck would have it, the slabs were larger than we needed (128") and they were the least expensive--best of all, one was discounted, due to a fissure. I blogged about our daily adventures here, here, and here. Now that we've found the marble, I can move on to the breakfast room light fixture--from there, I will choose hardware. I've got to decide between two looks. The first involves polished nickel fixtures for a classic, consistent look (uh, I hope).

The other look includes mixed finishes--a polished nickel faucet, cool-toned marble, the round ceramic melon knobs, who-knows-what-kind of pulls, and a pretty lantern. 

Last week's Foodie Friday and Everything Else was a great party, filled with inspiration. Here's a peek at some of the features:

"Let’s talk about Spring cleaning for a minute. Have you started? I was feeling a little overwhelmed because it’s such a BIG job. There is so much to do and it’s hard to figure out where to start first!
I like my lists and had the various tasks I wanted to do written out on a piece of paper. Since I’m doing a lot more printables these days, I thought it would be nicer and neater to have one just for Spring cleaning. I made my Spring Cleaning Checklist into a printable and I’m sharing with you for free!"
-- From Simply Stacie.

To pin this free printable, visit Simply Stacie.


An Easter menu by Home Haven Ministry.
"EASTER DINNER was ready.
We dined on the prairie ten minutes till six. Baked Ham 
is one of our Holiday favorites. Family, Food, Fellowship 
and FAITH at Easter."

To pin this image, visit Home Haven Ministry.


Chopped Salad for a Crowd by Cooking with Carlee.
"This salad is a little bit meaty of the leafy, cheesy, meaty salad we all love and a little bit pasta salad.  All of the flavors come together wonderfully and this salad is sized for a party.  Of course you can cut back and make it for a smaller group easily enough.  I made it in two really large bowls a couple of hours ahead of our Easter open house." 

To pin this image, visit Cooking with Carlee.


Worthing Court gave a console table a whole, new look.

"Have you changed out accessories and given any of your furniture a whole new look? I had the table styled with the same things that I had used in the old house. But I knew that I wanted to change things up a bit.  A Restoration Hardware look lamp from HomeGoods aimed me in the direction that I wanted to go. "

To pin this image, visit Worthing Court.


The Foodie Friday and Everything Else Link Party 

Guidelines to the Linky Party:
Older posts are welcome. 
No limit on the number of posts. 
No "rules." 
Everyone is welcome.

 To add a link, find the blue Inlinkz icon in the lower, left-hand portion of this post. Click on the icon and follow the directions, which includes selecting a thumbnail image. After you complete the process, you may see a red "x" (or mark) beside your name. This allows you to delete your link if you've made an error; the red "x" is visible to you only.

If you see a thumbnail you like, please visit the participating blog to "pin" photographs.

If you need more assistance with the party, an UPDATED guide to this linky party can be read HERE.

Share your food photos with a larger community at the Pinterest board, Top Food Bloggers.  Send me a message @ Pinterest if you'd like to join. Thanks so much for stopping sharing your inspiring features to the 


  1. I can imagine the weight off your shoulders now that you have found the marble for the new kitchen. I would be cross-eyed looking at so many. I can't wait to see the completed kitchen.
    Thank you for hosting each week.

  2. So glad things are coming together with your house. Considering all that's going on in your life I really appreciate your taking the time to host Foodie Friday each week. Have a lovely weekend.

  3. Beautiful marble, and hooray for Bandy finding it! I know you'll be glad to mark that off your list and move on the next 50-odd things to tackle :) Enjoy your weekend!

  4. Thanks so much for hosting the party -- love that marble you chose! :)

  5. Beautiful selections for your new project. Hope you have a great weekend and thanks so much for the party!
    Miz Helen

  6. The slabs were tucked away...hhmmm...just waiting for you! ;-)

  7. Thanks for hosting and have a great weekend!

  8. Thanks for hosting your party, Michael Lee. I'm glad your countertops are working out. Now onto the hardware and fixtures....decisions, decisions.

  9. OMG, YAY on the counters! Bandy you rock, dude! Whoo hoo! (Doing happy dance and lots of cartwheels for y'all!)

  10. Thank you so much for hosting and for featuring my chopped salad! Have a great weekend!

  11. That marble is a great find.

  12. Love the marble! So beautiful.
    Glad you have Foodie Friday. Always a treat.
    Thank you for sharing my ham!
    Blessings to you,

  13. I see the side cabinets are gone which looks very clean. Good find on the marble.

  14. I love marble, I've always had it thru my kitchen stories, lol..
    Thanks for the great food party pretty lady.
    I'm sharing a great Zucchini Lasagna recipe for a change...hehehe

  15. All your kitchen stuff looks great! We have granite being installed tomorrow (yay!) and it was so fun to go pick it out a few weeks ago.

  16. Love your photos and your marble choice is exquisite! Enjoy!

  17. The marble is just beautiful! Cant wait to see more of the project! Thanks so much for hosting your fun food parties

  18. Thanks so much, Michael...
    Love that beautiful

  19. The marble is beautiful! One more item crossed off the list ~ :)

    Thanks so much for hosting!

  20. I so need that spring cleaning checklist! Thanks for hosting!

  21. Hello beautiful! Thank you for hosting such a great party! Please take a moment to stop by our party. We pin and tweet your masterpieces!
    Lou Lou Girls

  22. The marble is gorgeous Michael! (I'm not even looking at the cleaning list:@) Have a great weekend!

  23. Hi! That marble is beautiful! I love reading your posts at your farm and the visuals are are a great escape. Just beautiful, Michael. Thank you for hosting this party. Dianna