Thursday, April 23, 2015

Foodie Friday and Everything Else

Welcome to Foodie Friday and Everything Else. Glad you're here.

If you missed last week's party, here's a sampling of ideas. Enjoy!
I’m sharing a little South of the Border flavor for Cinco de Mayo and a Fiesta of Food and Flowers in celebration!From the 2011 archives, this post has a couple of recipes worth a second helping or a segundo plato :) for a summer soirĂ©e.


Today’s recipe is for Asian Broccoli Slaw with Ginger Peanut Dressing! The sweet tangy flavor of this dressing is made from a combination of soy sauce, peanut butter, and ginger.


"I have a little present for you.  It’s sweet, it’s tart, it’s a little pink, and it looks like… a doughnut!
Technically, that’s because it is a doughnut.  I mean, your taste buds will certainly agree with that statement, but your body won’t have the sugar freak-out and your stomach won’t get all growly 5 minutes later like they normally would with a doughnut. The reason?  For one, there is more fiber in these doughnuts.  Made with whole wheat flour and fruit, they’ll keep you satisfied longer."
from Fit Cakes.


Since Mother's Day and Teacher Appreciation Week are just around the corner, I was on the lookout for gift ideas, so when I found some little terra cotta pots, I knew the kids would have fun with them. All it took was some washi tape, paint and fingerprints to make these cute decorated mini flower pots.


"Here's the starting of my spring's pretty much the same as last spring and summer....
very casual...very mother always had the most comfortable ...and comforting beds
and MY bed is a lot like it was when I was a kid." 


"My $15 yard sale Library ladder has turned out to be one of my most versatile  "furniture pieces" I have displayed many of my collections on,  quilts,  dolls......  just to name a few.You can drape on it.....hang on it.....stack under are only limited by your imagination!"


The Foodie Friday and Everything Else Link Party 

Guidelines to the Linky Party:
Older posts are welcome. 
No limit on the number of posts. 
No "rules." 
Everyone is welcome.

 To add a link, find the blue Inlinkz icon in the lower, left-hand portion of this post. Click on the icon and follow the directions, which includes selecting a thumbnail image. After you complete the process, you may see a red "x" (or mark) beside your name. This allows you to delete your link if you've made an error; the red "x" is visible to you only.

If you see a thumbnail you like, please visit the participating blog to "pin" photographs.

If you need more assistance with the party, an UPDATED guide to this linky party can be read HERE.

Share your food photos with a larger community at the Pinterest board, Top Food Bloggers.  Send me a message @ Pinterest if you'd like to join. Thanks so much for stopping sharing your inspiring features.


  1. thank you for the party Michael Lee, and I never tire of seeing Mary's tables, and the one featured is one of my favs~that Asian Broccoli slaw, looks amazing too, I missed last week, so I will be checking that one out!

  2. Thanks so much for sharing my fiesta of food and flowers! Wishing you a happy & delicious weekend. ♥

  3. I love the mosaic of the features, Michael Lee, and you've chosen some fabulous ones to share with us. Thanks for hosting your wonderful party.

  4. Thanks for the party, Michael Lee!

  5. Thank you for hosting such a great party! Love the South of the Border table. So festive!

  6. Thank you so much for featuring my library ladder....hugs...

  7. I nearly fainted when I saw that you had featured my spring/summer be included in with so many talents always leaves me gasping for breath....THANKS SO SO MUCH....and thank you for this wonderful and fun party ea week.

  8. Blessings to you and always!
    Your Foodie Fridays are fantastic,

  9. Thanks for the party and for the feature! Take care, and have a wonderful weekend. :)

  10. Michael Lee, thank you for hosting!

  11. Thank you for hosting! I hope sweet Zap continues to improve. xo

  12. Thanks for hosting!! I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

  13. Thanks for the party and hope you have a nice day and weekend.

  14. Hi Michael Lee! Oh, what lovely features and I certainly appreciate your visit and I'll take a compliment any time you want to give one to me! :)
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

  15. Hey bloggy friend, thank you for hosting... have a blessed weekend.