Thursday, May 7, 2015

Foodie Friday and Everything Else


Welcome to Foodie Friday and Everything Else. This week I had the pleasure of joining the Novel Bakers for Cinco de Mayo. 
It's been a while since I had so much fun in the kitchen. Even Bandwidth joined in, making tortillas from scratch.

You can find links to the Novel Bakers, along with recipes over YONDER.

Last week's party was filled with ideas--recipes, tablescapes, DIY projects, and other wonderfulness. Here's a sampler, including words and photographs from each blogger's post.

With my housing situation in a constant flux, and no move-in date on the horizon, I am living amongst boxes, and I can't find anything. I was inspired by "A Quest to Declutter" by Brenda at Cozy Little House.

"More and more, I feel this desire to streamline my possessions. Get rid of clutter. Live more simply.So that's my new quest. Edit, delete. Edit, delete. Until I can look around me and feel that sense of peace I feel when sitting outside. If you're in the same frame of mind, you might try this. Edit a surface. You can always put whatever it is back. But live with it edited a day or so and see if you like it." 
--Brenda at Cozy Little House.

***

Pat at Back Porch Musings gave us a peek at her beautiful new home.

"Use what you love in your home. Others may not like what you choose or they might believe you should not use accessories or themes that aren’t found regionally. It is your home, do what you like."

***
In honor of the Derby, Mary at Home Is Where the Boat Is created a gorgeous tablescape--and scrumptious recipes.

"I’m off to the races at the table, in anticipation of the “Greatest Two Minutes in Sports” with the running of the Kentucky Derby--a table inspired by the “Run for the Roses”, with both plaid and roses married in Lauren Skylar Floral plates and served with floral flatware."
***


Elizabeth at Pinecones and Acorn baked a fabulous Dorie Greenspan recipe, Hidden Berry Torte.

 "I love baking, I find it relaxing and satisfying. I enjoy seeing the raw sugar, flour and eggs turn into a cake, a pie, cookies and more. Dorie Greenspan is one of my baking idols, she is the author of Baking with Julia and makes everything seem easy. Not to mention that there is a large population of the blog world that enjoy her recipes as well as baking in clubs like Tuesday's with Dorie of which I have followed for years." 

***

Tour the stunning, classic botanical gardens at Nashville's Cheekwood with Tennessee photographer, Carol at Carol Mattingly Photography.

"Before I finished my initial walk among the gardens of Cheekwood, I walked toward the entrance to take a peek at the flower beds there. Directly in front of a tall stone wall and black wrought iron fence stood rows and rows of white daffodils with several beautiful yellow flowering trees gracing the background adding just the right hint of yellow."

***
The Foodie Friday and Everything Else Link Party 

Guidelines to the Linky Party:
Older posts are welcome. 
No limit on the number of posts. 
No "rules." 
Everyone is welcome.

 To add a link, find the blue Inlinkz icon in the lower, left-hand portion of this post. Click on the icon and follow the directions, which includes selecting a thumbnail image. After you complete the process, you may see a red "x" (or mark) beside your name. This allows you to delete your link if you've made an error; the red "x" is visible to you only.

If you see a thumbnail you like, please visit the participating blog to "pin" photographs.

If you need more assistance with the party, an UPDATED guide to this linky party can be read HERE.

Share your food photos with a larger community at the Pinterest board, Top Food Bloggers.  Send me a message @ Pinterest if you'd like to join. Thanks so much for sharing your inspiring features.
Ready to party?

27 comments:

  1. Thank you for hosting this party :) The Hidden Berry Torte looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for hosting our party! I am on "A Quest to Declutter" and will visit Brenda at Cozy Little House this evening ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for hosting, hope Zap is still better, and this looks so good, Bandy's homemade goodies sounds delish. Have a great weekend and Happy Mothers Day friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. well Hey, thanks for the "everything else"!! joining in for the first time. I love to eat, but I'm not a food photographer, te he!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the fun today Michael Lee, and Happy Mother's Day~
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Michael Lee, Thanks so much for sharing my Derby-inspired table. I'm still drooling over your Huevos Rancheros. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful bed of Iris, your features are very nice today. It is always so good to see little Zap on the side bar, please give him a hug from me and Max. Have a great weekend and thanks so much for the party!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks Michael Lee for featuring my blog on your post today. What an honor. I always enjoy reading all of your posts and contributing when I feel it's appropriate. Carol

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm drooling over the Huevos Rancheros again, too, and what fabulous features, Michael Lee. Thanks for hosting and Happy Mother's Day! xo

    ReplyDelete
  10. I definitely need to do some organizing...mostly purging, though! Thanks for hosting:-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. We did so much purging when we moved last year that I LOVE it. Instead of 6 sets of dishes and odds and ends, I now have 2 sets and it is sooo nice. Of course, I have a few things stuck under beds...things I can't find a spot for but don't want to get rid of them yet. Mr. S is in the process of building a storage and shop bldg so I can hang onto these things a little while longer. :)
    Thanks for hosting...

    ReplyDelete
  12. As for decluttering, heaven help me, I've been thinking about a yard sale... Happy Mother's Day Weekend Michael-enjoy:@)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you for the party. I hope your home life is settled soon.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for hosting. Lots of great recipe ideas as well as decorating inspiration. Happy Mothers Day to you. Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful features! So many great recipes already ~ I'm starving! Thanks so much for hosting again.

    I got rid of soooo much when I moved here and have done more since then. I'm ready to tackle my closet now and be ruthless in clearing out.

    Have a wonderful Mother's Day!
    xo
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am always trying to declutter. I loved The Life Changing Magic of Tidying - have you read it?

    ReplyDelete
  17. GREAT features this week. I hope YOU are feeling better and wish you a VERY happy Mother's day!!! XO

    ReplyDelete
  18. Michael Lee, thank you for hosting! I'd love to join your Top Food Bloggers board-- I'm at @melddc2.

    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried to invite you a moment ago, but Pinterest wouldn't let it go through. You'll need to follow the board, then I can issue an invitation. Thanks!

      Delete
  19. Oops, I just typed a comment, but don't see it. I'll stop by later, hoping that you check comments before they get published!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looks like Blogger ate your comment.

      Delete
    2. Oh, poo ....I don't remember what all I said, either! The gist of it was that although I haven't been blogging much at all these days, I think of you so often, Michael Lee.You've been so generous and kind to me and I want you to know how much that means to me. Wishing you a beautiful, blissful day!

      Delete
  20. Greetings from the Kansas Prairie! Appreciate you and wanted to say Thank you for Hosting Foodie Friday!
    Tis always fun to visit you.
    Have a great week-end,
    d

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks for hosting another great party!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Michael Lee, what a lot of links (think mine was #160)! I love decluttering, too. My best tip: the "Item In / Item Out" rule; that way we only ever have a finite amount of stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Just wanted to pop in and wish you a very happy Mother's Day!
    You're always a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  24. "Use what you love in your home. Others may not like what you choose or they might believe you should not use accessories or themes that aren’t found regionally. It is your home, do what you like."
    --by Pat at Back Porch Musings.

    Pat is a very wise woman and a sweet one too ;)

    I hope you're doing well, Michael.

    love and hugs,
    rue

    ReplyDelete