Thursday, May 14, 2015

Foodie Friday and Everything Else

Welcome to Foodie Friday and Everything Else. 
I haven't been online this past week. I've been busy doing a Bucket List with Zap, my little diabetic Yorkie. By some miracle, he is still with me, though he's had ups and downs. From the bottom of my heart, I want to thank everyone who wrote and shared your stories of love and loss. As I read them, I cried and smiled--and I came away feeling that we belong to a sisterhood, one that has comforted me beyond measure. I hope Zap's story offers hope to everyone who has an ill pet.


Let's take a look at the highlights from last week's party.


Spring in the country has never been prettier by Far Above Rubies


Festive and delicious Sopapilla Cheesecake Bars by Kitty's Kozy Kitchen.




Melt-in-your-mouth Praline Cookies by Sweet Nothings.




Repurposing a broken umbrella by Return to Loblolly Lane


Tasty and good-for-you Vegetable Noodle Soup by Nimble Note

***
The Foodie Friday and Everything Else Link Party 

Guidelines to the Linky Party:
Older posts are welcome. 
No limit on the number of posts. 
No "rules." 
Everyone is welcome.

 To add a link, find the blue Inlinkz icon in the lower, left-hand portion of this post. Click on the icon and follow the directions, which includes selecting a thumbnail image. After you complete the process, you may see a red "x" (or mark) beside your name. This allows you to delete your link if you've made an error; the red "x" is visible to you only.

If you see a thumbnail you like, please visit the participating blog to "pin" photographs.

If you need more assistance with the party, an UPDATED guide to this linky party can be read HERE.

Share your food photos with a larger community at the Pinterest board, Top Food Bloggers.  Send me a message @ Pinterest if you'd like to join. Thanks so much for sharing your inspiring features.
Ready to party?

20 comments:

  1. Thank you for taking the time to host the party -- hugs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the party, Michael Lee! ((Hugs to little Zap))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Michael Lee, I hope your adventures with Zap this week were happy ones. Thank you for hosting even though you have so many other important things going on in your life right now. Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. uh oh, praline cookies? thanks for the fun Michael Lee~
    Jenna

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is cruel beyond measure that you should be going through this twice in so short a time, my friend. You are very brave and loving and devoted. I admire you. Be good to yourself. You're a great dog mom.
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for the 'yummy' party, lol! Lots of great recipes here.

    Have a great weekend ahead, sweet lady.
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bless your sweet southern soul, Michael Lee. I just knew you were taking care of your little, miracle Zap.
    Thanks for the party and for featuring my sopapilla cheesecake bars. Hugs and love are sent your way.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You and your puppy are still in my thoughts. Mikey (the golden) says hello also.
    Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad that Zap is still with you and is hanging in there. Thanks for the great party and so many interesting posts.
    Have a great weekend.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love joining the party! Such wonderful ideas and beauty! Also, Michael...thanks for your question on the cedar shake....(don't know if my e-mail is working properly)....It is natural cedar with Cabots Austrailian Oil put on it. The oil stain is the natural color too. Blessings~~~Roxie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh thank you Michael Lee for the feature!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you sooo much for featuring my cookies. I am always so honored.
    Bless your little dogie...I sure hope Zap is feeling better.
    Thanks for hosting.xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. ML, Zap sounds like a wonderful little companion that is fighting his mightiest to stay with you.
    Thanks for hosting each week.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for hosting another great party. Hope you will join us this week for Funtastic Friday. It's great fun!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thinking of Zap (and his mom!) Hope your weeks ahead hold more miracles.♥

    ReplyDelete
  16. I hate that you are having to do a bucket list with Zap, but I love the idea of doing a bucket list with your furry baby. I wish I had done one with Scrappycat, but I guess after spending 21 years with her, we did practically everything together that we could!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I understand having a bucket list with Zap ;o) I hope Zap and you are having a good week. I bookmarked Kitty's Sopapilla Cheesecake Bars....yum. Thanks for hosting each week. xo

    ReplyDelete
  18. Michael Lee, glad you're enjoying more time with Zap.

    ReplyDelete