Saturday, May 2, 2015

Kitchen Marble Update


A week ago, Arabascato Vagli marble was installed on the perimeter counters. Bandy found the slabs at OHM in Nashville, all tucked away in the back of the warehouse. 
We are a little nervous about hurting the marble. Just today, I spilled lime juice on a granite counter, and granite is forgiving...but we'll cross the "marble" bridge later--and buy lots of wooden chopping blocks (felt "feet" will be added to each block to prevent etching).

The Arabescato was a lovely marriage with the BM Simply White cabinets.









Marble on the island will be installed soon.


Polished nickel hardware will go on the drawers and cabinet doors. I had a box of Restoration Hardware odds and ends, including 1 1/2" round knobs and Lugano pulls. I just need to figure out what goes where. 

The small pulls were lost on the large cupboard doors. A larger size was more to scale.






Upcoming Projects:
Flooring
Subway tile (bathrooms)
Laundry room
Paint colors
Light fixtures
New windows here and there
Front elevation remodel


Cinco de Mayo with the Novel Bakers (Tuesday, May 5th)



Shared at:
Wow Us Wednesdays
The Scoop,  

Pin It

19 comments:

  1. Breathtaking - worth every moment of the search!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning! So exciting to watch each step!
    Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, this is all so pretty and it is really coming together. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so exciting to finally get a glimpse of what the kitchen is going to look like...gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, my goodness! How beautiful this is! I just love all of the motion on the countertops!
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can tell you with certainty that I have never been so invested in somebody else's marble before. ;-) It is really coming along nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! Kudos to Bandy for finding the slabs. I am having fun anticipating your news reports on the remodel. Your white cabinets help me to like mine, though yours are more fabulous than mine. Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's a beautiful piece of marble, such movement. fondly ~lynne~

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so happy to see it in your kitchen....stunning. Have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. STUNNING!!! You should never second guess yourself again!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looking fabulous! I bet you are relieved to see this step in the kitchen finally getting done!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oooh, so pretty! "The Arabescato was a lovely marriage with the BM Simply White cabinets." I agree. If you go with knobs on the drawers, will you be using two knobs on the longer drawers? Years ago, I asked the finishing carpenter to put two knobs on the longer drawers, but, as you might guess, he didn't make note of it and he went the "rote route."

    As a past perfectionist, I hear you about the spills you will encounter, but the worn and heavily used areas will become part of a well-loved kitchen. Hope you're all doing well and Zap's "upturn" continues.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow. Love it. What a stunning kitchen you will have when completed. Cooking with all that natural light from the French doors would be a dream. Lucky girl.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yea for Bandy! I do believe that he saved the day in finding that gorgeous marble.
    I hope little Zap is ok...thinking of you both.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Michael, I think the marble is so gorgeous and absolutely looks amazing. That said, I hope this doesn't sound ridiculous but IMO I think it is even gender neutral. -Brenda-

    ReplyDelete
  16. It really looks beautiful, Michael.

    xo,
    rue

    ReplyDelete